spruecrons?

Beatnik cryptek

Is there a guide to making spruecrons? I have 36 warriors and might want to be able to field two full units of 20.  I'm not buying another box and have 8 left over so i was thinking of having like 10% of my warriors as spruecrons.

Yes, i'm a heretic. Sometimes I proxy stuff because GW is just too damn greedy. Burn me already.

I've seen spruecrons and wonderef if there was a guide tp making them.

Plus I'm kinda curious as to how many people would notice like 2 in 20 of them if they were painted up nice...:wink:

Coming from someone who is NOT a fan of proxies (NOTE: WYSIWYG is good, Counts-as is good, Conversion is awesome, I mean I don't like things that have to be explained, specifically more than once). Also, this isn't an attack on anyone, it's just my preference, or my cringe when I see it lol....

ANYWAY, back to the point, this is first time I've heard of Spruecrons and I think it is hilarious, in a good way. For one, you can tell what is it supposed to be lol. Also it is surprisingly creative considering it is literally spliced together sprue bits.

EDIT: Coming from someone who isn't a fan of proxies and has Necrons

Edited by RazorDaemon

Look, if you have like 2 spruecrons in a mob of 20 warriors, they're on the same bases, the same sixe and painted the same way, and you make them the first ones you remove, so what?

I'm not into 40k to make gw rich, I hate their price gouging and the way they write rules to sell models. Every necron player has a monolith now? Nerf the living :cuss out of it and make the vaulted c'tan a great unit! More money for us even tho the vault is impossible to store. I have a lot of putty scarabs.

GW sells necrons in set of 12, you buy 3 sets and you're 4 short of the 40 you need for 2 20 units. GW of course has no problem with you buying a whole new box  just to get the 4 you need. Screw that!

I buy some chinese knockoffs, I use homemade terrain, I use non gw paints, I do other things to have a working 40k army I can afford. People don;t like it? Tough.

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch
use the swear emoji for self-censoring please

I have 76 Warriors and an increase in spare time on my hands. If I get to the point where I'm idly cutting up sprues I'll try to make some stand-ins and post what I come up with.

Honestly doesn't look too hard to figure out. Easier than the lego I've had to rebuild for my son based off box art anyway (where do those instruction manuals go?? :lol:).

They really are pretty easy to see the differences of, eh RazorDaemon? I'd say it's pretty obvious this is a Warrior and an Immortal.

20160929-SprueCrons-052.jpg