What would you like the silent king to be like?

Beatnik cryptek

This isn't about what gw is likely to do, it's about what you as a necron player would like.

Personally i'd like the silent king to be on par with reroll guillemen in general.

Yes, I'd love to see how other players reacted to necrons getting to reroll everything, all the time, like the ultrasmurfs do.

Full re-rolls would be great, I'd also like to see his inclusion in an army make Praetorians Troops or otherwise buff Triarch units. Definitely some form of bonus CP or CP regeneration ability to represent aeons of tactical knowledge of warfare.

I actually homebrewed him on DakkaDakka a long while ago. I'll repost as far as I got here for your perusal.

"In lore, the Szarekh the Silent King is the last Necron "King" of their ruling body, the Triarch, and ordered the Necrontyr to undergo biotransferrence.
Once the Necrons went to sleep, he left the galaxy, and is only returning after realizing the Tyranid Threat, should they be allowed to wipe out all life, would permanently prohibit his people from finding release from their immortality.

As the Seniormost Phaeron of the Necrons, his rule is undisputed, and since the highest ranking Necrons received the finest bodies and rainments of war, its likely he would match a Primarch in power. So here's my stab at getting this currently lore-only character onto the table. He's not as killy as Magnus, Morty, or Guilliman, but brings a host of buffs to the units around him.

Szarekh, The Silent King

Szarekh is armed with the Tachyon Projector, and the Rod of Divine Command

M 6"
WS 2+
BS 2+
S 6
T 6
W 8
A 5
Ld 10
Sv 2+

Weapons:
Tachyon Projector (Focused) - Range 30" Assault 2 STR 8, AP-3, d6 Damage,
Tachyon Projector (Dispersed) - Range 9" Assault 2d3, STR 6, AP-2, 2 Damage - This weapon always hits its target
Rod of Divine Command - S+3, AP-3, 3 Damage, You may reroll failed to hit rolls with this weapon.

Wargear:
Quantum Displacement Field - This unit has a 3+ invulnerable save

Special Rules:
By My Will Alone: All <Necron> Infantry units within 6" of this character add +1 to hit, advance, and charge rolls.
Lord of the Triarch: All <Necron> Units within 6" of this character automatically pass morale. 
Arise Slaves! Arise!: Once per battle, at the end of the movement phase, Szarekh may urge his fallen warriors to battle once more. You may roll reanimation protocols for an existing unit as normal, or may roll for a unit that was previously destroyed in the battle, with resurrected models coming back on a 6+. If it is used on a destroyed unit, place the reanimated models as close to Szarekh as possible, and at least 1 inch away from the enemy.
Resurrection Protocols: Once per game, when this character is slain, at the end of the turn, roll a d6, on a 4+, this model returns to the battle as close as possible to its previous position, and at least 1 inch away from the enemy.
Undying: At the start of your turn, this model regains d3 wounds

=Keywords= Character, Infantry, Szarekh
=Faction Keywords= Necrons, Dynasty

The Silent King is the Necrontyr’s equivalent to the emperor, with the caveat that the Silent King isn’t psychic, and is also currently present and active in the lore. I think there is a reasonable argument to be made for his return and presentation on the tabletop. After Guilliman came back, all bets were off.

As to the rest, Monoliths are far too squishy this edition, and the Seraptek costs a bit too much for its survivability. C’Tan shards are decent, but fragments of a Star god aren’t much when you compare them to the potential the lord of the Necrontyr has for tabletop rules.

Do Necrons really need this ? They already have:

Vaults

Ctan

Monolith

Cerapthic (FW)

TBH, the vault is just too fracking big and expensive. Have you ever used on on a tabletop? it;like a quarter the size of the table I swear! I've never even thought of getting one. Also sotirh it if you have limited space is a major pain.

GW should redo it is a more reasonable size.

Edited by Beatnik cryptek

This would be awesome. I like the My Will Alone rule. That's pretty fluffy actually along with the new thing about including him without messing with Dynasties that all the cool kids are getting lately. I think BaconCouch's resurrection rules might be too powerful. Maybe have him similar to a cryptek giving a +2 to reanimation within 12" and having it affect Praetorians, you know, his personal henchmen, as well. Further with Ghazguls super survivability I would think the Emperor of the Necrons would be just as powerful and at least have a Quantum shield and a 3++.

This would be awesome. I like the My Will Alone rule. That's pretty fluffy actually along with the new thing about including him without messing with Dynasties that all the cool kids are getting lately. I think BaconCouch's resurrection rules might be too powerful. Maybe have him similar to a cryptek giving a +2 to reanimation within 12" and having it affect Praetorians, you know, his personal henchmen, as well. Further with Ghazguls super survivability I would think the Emperor of the Necrons would be just as powerful and at least have a Quantum shield and a 3++.

Well, I figured he has some of the abilities Immotekh already has, as far as the whole get back up for free, and heal d3 a turn.

As far as QS goes, I sort of figured he has a 3++ already, and its sort of reserved for vehicles. I figured having the ability to maybe bring a unit back from the dead on 6s only wasn't all that powerful even, but would let you salvage parts of a key unit, hide them, and let them regenerate for use in the late game, rather than immediately restoring a squad of destroyers to full function. But i'm glad you like the overall idea.

The Silent King is the Necrontyr’s equivalent to the emperor, with the caveat that the Silent King isn’t psychic, and is also currently present and active in the lore. I think there is a reasonable argument to be made for his return and presentation on the tabletop. After Guilliman came back, all bets were off.

As to the rest, Monoliths are far too squishy this edition, and the Seraptek costs a bit too much for its survivability. C’Tan shards are decent, but fragments of a Star god aren’t much when you compare them to the potential the lord of the Necrontyr has for tabletop rules.

Yeah, the  monolith is just useless now. look at actual player made batreps, no one takes monoliths anymore and if they do they don;t last past turn 2. Edited by Brother Tyler
Off topic discussion (about another website) removed