Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2k List for review

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

RyanT2112

RyanT2112

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 62 posts

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) [38 PL, 3CP, 773pts] ++

Detachment CP [5CP]

+ HQ +

Captain [6 PL, 143pts]: Soul Warden or Speed of the Primarch, Icon of The Angel, Jump Pack, Storm shield, Thunder hammer, Warlord

Captain [6 PL, -2CP, 143pts]: Artisan of War, Death Visions of Sanguinius, Hero of The Chapter, Jump Pack, Storm shield, The Angel's Wing (replaces jump pack), Thunder hammer

Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought [11 PL, 167pts]: Twin lascannon
. Melee weapon: Dreadnought combat weapon, Storm bolter

+ Troops +

Infiltrator Squad [5 PL, 110pts]: 4x Infilltrator, Infiltrator Sergeant
Infiltrator Squad [5 PL, 110pts]: 4x Infilltrator, Infiltrator Sergeant

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 100pts]: Auto bolt rifle, Auxiliary grenade launcher, 4x Intercessor
. Intercessor Sergeant: Power fist

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) [34 PL, 5CP, 602pts] ++

Armoury of Baal [-3CP]: 2 Additional Relics

Battleforged CP: [3CP]

Detachment CP [5CP]

+ HQ +

Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought [11 PL, 167pts]: Twin lascannon
. Melee weapon: Dreadnought combat weapon, Storm bolter

Chief Librarian Mephiston (Primaris) [8 PL, 145pts]: 1. Quickening, 2. Unleash Rage, 6. Wings of Sanguinus

+ Troops +

Incursor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]: 4x Incursor, Incursor Sergeant
Incursor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]: 4x Incursor, Incursor Sergeant

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 100pts]: Auto bolt rifle, Auxiliary grenade launcher, 4x Intercessor

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) [53 PL, 625pts] ++

+ HQ +

Lemartes [5 PL, 100pts]: Rage (+2 Charge, 6" Pile-In), Invocation of Destruction, Litanies of Hate
Sanguinary Priest [4 PL, 70pts]: Bolt pistol, Chainsword, Jump Pack

+ Elites +

Death Company [18 PL, 212pts]: Jump Pack
8x DC w/ Chainsword, Bolter
2x DC / TH

Sanguinary Ancient [6 PL, 69pts]: Plasma pistol, Power fist, Standard of Sacrifice

Sanguinary Guard [20 PL, 174pts]
6x Sanguinary Guard: Angelus boltgun, Power fist

++ Total: [125 PL, 8CP, 2,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

If rolled for Blood Angel attacker prior to deployment -

-Chaplain Dreads in the back shielded by Infiltrator denial. Popping off turn 1 4x Lascannons AP-4

-Incursors deployed 9" away for aggressive anti-screen, move and slaughter

-Forlorn Fury DC - Wings Lemartes

-Deep Strike DC Captain, Sanguinary Guard

-Move, Advance, and Wings with Mephiston - Unleash Rage on DC

-Advance up Intercessors (able to fire with Assault 3 weapons), move Sanguinary Ancient, Priest, and Warlord Captain right behind them

-Turn 1 screen cleared, Incursors charge,

-DC charge, Lemartes Charge - Aim DC at a few units for potential wrap on tougher units to avoid being deleted.

If rolled for Blood Angel Defender prior to deployment -

-Chaplain Dreads in the back shielded by Infiltrator denial. Popping off turn 1 4x Lascannons AP-4

-Incursors deployed in cover at the nearest two enemy objectives (if possible) - Allow fire support / supporting charge

-Deep Strike Lemartes, Sanguinary Guard

-Move, Advance, and Wings with Mephiston (hiding if possible)

-Advance up Intercessors (able to fire with Assault 3 weapons), move Sanguinary Ancient, Priest, DC Captain and Warlord Captain right behind them

-Potential Wings of Fire DC Captain Suicide Charge (if opponent makes mistake)

Thoughts?

Edited by RyanT2112, 15 March 2020 - 08:38 PM.

DistractionTacMarine

DistractionTacMarine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 51 posts
I am not a fan of Chaplain Dreads in BA lists since we have both Lemartes and Astorath available. I would drop them both - you can bring a quad-lascannon Mortis Contemptor for less than 170 points (a Relic Version with a 6+++ for 190) and get the same firepower, then use the spare points on more DC, SG, or maybe Astorath if you still want the litany support.

t-dog1996

t-dog1996

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 292 posts

I would drop both the Chaplain Dreadnoughts, replacing one of them with a Librarian Dreadnought to maintain the required force org slots. The Librarian Dreadnought is brutal in close combat and is fast enough to support your smash captains thanks to the Wings of Sanguinius psychic power.

Also I would drop both Infiltrator squads and take Scouts instead. You already have durability with your Intercessors and Incursors, and Scouts are literally half the points of Infiltrators. Their 12 inch deep strike denial is nice, but it's unnecessary especially at 22ppm. If you do that you have 302 points spare.

Spend 188 of them on a Contemptor Mortis with 2 twin lascannons, giving you equivalent firepower to two Chaplain Dreads for almost half the points. Then you should bump that Sanguinary Guard squad up to a full 10 for another 116 points. If you're going with a Sanguinary Guard bomb it's best to go hard or not at all. These guys will draw fire and need to be able to suffer casualties. This puts you 2 over the points limit so just drop those grenade launchers on the Intercessors and you're good.

"They are the sons of the Angel, the blooded host, the defenders of Humanity. They are strength. They are nobility. They are the Blood Angels, and I say to you there are no more loyal or determined servants of the Emperor alive today."

RyanT2112

RyanT2112

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 62 posts

I would drop both the Chaplain Dreadnoughts, replacing one of them with a Librarian Dreadnought to maintain the required force org slots. The Librarian Dreadnought is brutal in close combat and is fast enough to support your smash captains thanks to the Wings of Sanguinius psychic power.

Also I would drop both Infiltrator squads and take Scouts instead. You already have durability with your Intercessors and Incursors, and Scouts are literally half the points of Infiltrators. Their 12 inch deep strike denial is nice, but it's unnecessary especially at 22ppm. If you do that you have 302 points spare.

Spend 188 of them on a Contemptor Mortis with 2 twin lascannons, giving you equivalent firepower to two Chaplain Dreads for almost half the points. Then you should bump that Sanguinary Guard squad up to a full 10 for another 116 points. If you're going with a Sanguinary Guard bomb it's best to go hard or not at all. These guys will draw fire and need to be able to suffer casualties. This puts you 2 over the points limit so just drop those grenade launchers on the Intercessors and you're good.

Hmmm,

I really like your point on infiltrators vs scouts - I do agree with 99.9% of what you've said but I do have a question -

If the point of the chaplain dreads is to utilize untargetable firepower would that not be more beneficial? I mean I do own a gorgeous B.A. Leviathan Dread with dual storm cannons - But I was considering the lascannons as necessary enough to sit and take shots from the back field.

Saving points on Chappy Dreads and boosting my assault does feel kinda sexy though.

RyanT2112

RyanT2112

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 62 posts

++ Total: [9CP, 2,000pts] ++

Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Blood Angels)
Armoury of Baal [-3CP]: 2 Additional Relics
Battle-forged CP [3CP]
Detachment CP [5CP]

Death Visions and Hero of the Chapter [-2CP]

+ HQ +
Death Company Captain: Hero of The Chapter (Artisan of War), Storm Shield, The Angel's Wing, Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield,

Warlord Captain: Jump Pack, Storm Shield, The Veritas Vitae OR Master Crafted Thunder Hammer (Haven't decided), Warlord Trait: Soul Warden OR Speed of the Primarch (Should keep this character near the sanguinary guard for 5+ FNP)

+ Troops +

5-man Incursor Squad [95pts] 4x Incursor, 1x Incursor Sgt.

5-man Intercessor Squad [99pts]: Auto bolt rifles

5-man Intercessor Squad [99pts]: Auto bolt rifles

Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Blood Angels)
Detachment CP [5CP]
+ HQ +

Chief Librarian Mephiston (Primaris) [145pts]: 1. Quickening, 2. Unleash Rage, 6. Wings of Sanguinus
The Sanguinor [130pts]

+ Troops +

5-man Incursor Squad [95pts] 4x Incursor, 1x Incursor Sgt.

Scout Squad [88pts]
1x Scout w/ Heavy Bolter and Camo Cloak
3x Scout w/ Sniper Rifle and Camo Cloak
1x Scout Sergeant Sniper Rifle, Camo Cloak, Chainsword

Scout Squad [88pts]
1x Scout w/ Heavy Bolter and Camo Cloak
3x Scout w/ Sniper Rifle and Camo Cloak
1x Scout Sergeant Sniper Rifle, Camo Cloak, Chainsword

Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Blood Angels)

Detachment CP [1CP]

+ HQ +

Lemartes [100pts]: 4. Mantra of Strength, Invocation of Destruction, Litanies of Hate

Sanguinary Priest [70pts]: Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Jump Pack

+ Elites +

Death Company [212pts]: Jump Pack
8x Death Company Marine: Boltgun, Chainsword
2x Death Company Marine: Thunder hammer

Sanguinary Ancient [64pts]: Angelus Boltgun, Power Fist, Standard of Sacrifice

Sanguinary Guard [261pts]
9x Sanguinary Guard: Angelus Boltgun, Power Fist

+ Heavy Support +

Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought [168pts]
. Two twin lascannons: 2x Twin lascannon

++ Total: [9CP, 2,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Edited by RyanT2112, 21 March 2020 - 03:42 AM.

DistractionTacMarine

DistractionTacMarine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 51 posts
Sniper scouts with a heavy bolter are more expensive and less valuable than base Intercessor squads. You want Scouts to save points - I would go bolters or close combat weapons only. I sometimes run a unit of scouts with sniper rifles if I have the 10 points to spare, but they’re just 36” boltguns with a low chance of a mortal wound.

Kram000

Kram000

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts

If the point of the chaplain dreads is to utilize untargetable firepower would that not be more beneficial? I mean I do own a gorgeous B.A. Leviathan Dread with dual storm cannons - But I was considering the lascannons as necessary enough to sit and take shots from the back field.

2 contemptor mortis dreads with the two twin lascannons have been complete all stars for me.  Require very little support (LT has been the biggest help), have great accuracy, and are fast for getting a good firing lane.  If you're not going first put them out of LOS then move them into position.

Combining them with invictors is a favorite of mine, to split enemy anti armor fire.

Towards the mid/endgame I usually am very happy to be blowing up troops with a dread, and do not consider it a waste at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users