Space Wolves and jump packs

Maritn

I know Jump Packs are the main discussion here but wasn't the problem with teleportation? I thought the reasoning behind the "with both feet planted firmly on the ground as Russ intended" was there because teleportation really messed with the inner wulfy and made them feel like animals trapped in a cage? 

I'm pretty sure Jump Packs weren't viewed the same way...

Thanks for the details! :smile.:
I'm thinking about starting a Space Wolves force, and I was wondering wether I should include units like Inceptors. Maybe I better leave them to my other Space Marines.

There would be no issues adding units like Inceptors. All Primaris are like a new class of fighters that will change a chapter like the Space Wolves approach to combat. There is very little about the Primaris range that reflects any of how the SW's fight and I think that is by design, thus the inclusion of Primaris necessitates a change in doctrine. 

Edited by Bloody Legionnaire

Good question! The both feet on the ground was indeed re: jump packs though having a "perverse disdain" for them lol. In earlier editions is was only the blood claws and not WG that could take them because "they are too short in the tooth to know any better"

The teleporting had more to do with the distrust of the "arcane elements" of Imperial technologies. 

I know Jump Packs are the main discussion here but wasn't the problem with teleportation? I thought the reasoning behind the "with both feet planted firmly on the ground as Russ intended" was there because teleportation really messed with the inner wulfy and made them feel like animals trapped in a cage? 

I'm pretty sure Jump Packs weren't viewed the same way...

Petey has it right. I quoted the relevant bits of the 3rd ed dex earlier in the thread regarding jump packs. But on the subject of teleportation:

Space Wolves have little trust or respect for the more arcane aspects of the technology used by the Imperium. In particular, they dislike the idea of teleporting into battle and remain stubbornly opposed to its use.

So, according to the 3rd ed book, SW have issues with both teleporting and jump packs, but the aversion to teleporting is both more severe (because they will not do it) and arguably more irrational (as jump packs are described more as an unusual doctrinal discrepancy, whereas teleporting is more 'just nope' by my reading).

That said, the 'both feet on the ground' thing does specifically refer to jump packs.