Imperial Soup - what have I missed this past year?

Yay! I'm back!

*silence*

Ahem...

Anyway, with one new Codex, loads of Supplements and the Legends update, there seems to be a lot of new things going on.

I'm just taking stock of my almost-painted-but-not-quite Oldmarine forces and while I'm not gonna turn any of them into a fully fledged 2000pts army anymore, I'm wondering about fielding them together.

Specifically, I'm looking at one Battalion of each Raven Guard, Deathwatch and maybe Templars.

Is there anything I've missed reading up on the changes that prohibits me from fielding these 3 Detachments and using their respective Chapter Tactics?

And is there any bonus I forfeit by not having a single-faction army?

Yeah, you lose Doctrines for the Raven Guard and Templars, and if I'm not mistaken, Deathwatch also have a similar thing which they lose, though I could be wrong. Doctrines are really, really nice to have, and, as of next week (?) when the Wolves update comes out, every loyalist Astartes faction but Grey Knights and Deathwatch gets them. They get their other faction rules, though - RG and Templars get their Chapter Tactics and the Deathwatch get whatever the Deathwatch get.

Deathwatch didn't get their PA thing yet so they don't lose anything, but you indeed would lose the whole Combat Doctrines stuff for your vanilla Marines.

If you want to soup Marines from different chapters it makes more sense to stick to vanilla Marines and BA/SW/DA so you keep your Combat Doctrines and only lose their super doctrines (an additional bonus during one of those Doctrines depending on the chapter. BA get +1A during the Assault Doctrine for example).