=][= Liberalia Martiale 2020: The Iron Gauntlet

Dosjetka

I may be game; I enjoyed the Swap challenge and really should try to write more.

Questions:

Can we vow one challenge at a time as and when we can participate (within the dates given?)

For challenge two, is it aright if we build (but not paint) the models ahead of time provided we have committed to the challenge? I am thinking that this would be a way to flesh out my new sister of battle but I am likely to want to build them sooner than May (as I preordered the last few kits I wanted last weekend and really want to build them sooner rather than later).

For the fourth challenge can the characters be based of conversion done in challenge two or some other time between now and then? I have a few conversions planed for when I build and would love to then character them up as special character.

Edit: One more question, obviously the article and story will be in a thread here in the Liber, but should the converting/building be here or in the Forge and the battle report in the relevant faction area or here?

Can we include allied units for challenge two and allied characters for challenge four?

Edited by Trokair

I may be game; I enjoyed the Swap challenge and really should try to write more.

Questions:

Can we vow one challenge at a time as and when we can participate (within the dates given?)

For challenge two, is it aright if we build (but not paint) the models ahead of time provided we have committed to the challenge? I am thinking that this would be a way to flesh out my new sister of battle but I am likely to want to build them sooner than May (as I preordered the last few kits I wanted last weekend and really want to build them sooner rather than later).

For the fourth challenge can the characters be based of conversion done in challenge two or some other time between now and then? I have a few conversions planed for when I build and would love to then character them up as special character.

Edit: One more question, obviously the article and story will be in a thread here in the Liber, but should the converting/building be here or in the Forge and the battle report in the relevant faction area or here?

Can we include allied units for challenge two and allied characters for challenge four?

I'm also interested in this. As my issue is I've gotten more guys for my Night Lords warband, but I REALLY don't want to wait until May to start painting :lol:

Ok, I'm in,

I, Grotsmasha, of the Questoris Household of House Harvester take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge 1 and submit it to the Liber before the 17th May 2020. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor curse me if I fail.

Kelborn: Thank you for clarifying things for me. :biggrin.:

Trokair: Here I go:

• Vowing for one challenge at a time is perfectly acceptable;
  • Assembling models, even undercoating them, beforehand is fine so long as painting is done during the timeline of the second challenge;
  • You can either use a character model created for Challenge #2, make a new one during the duration of Challenge #4, or use one that you already have;
  • The choice of where the various threads end up is up to the individual but I would recommend them being in the relevant subfora;
  • Allied units and characters for Challenges #2 and #4 are acceptable if they have been fleshed out in some detail during Challenge #1 and do not make up more than half of the vowed models/units.

If you have any more questions or the answers I provided above need further clarification, do not hesitate to ask. :thumbsup:

Gederas: Painting is to be done during the timeline for Challenge #2, though assembly work and undercoating can be done beforehand as mentioned above. :smile.:

Llagos_Tyrant: There are only the limits of your imagination and the forum rules/event guidelines when you flesh out your DIY, and none of them say you can't copy an existing colour scheme. :wink:

Grotsmasha: Welcome to the Iron Gauntlet! Looking forward to seeing what you do with a Knight House. :thumbsup:

Edited by Dosjetka

Thank you for your answers, I think I can make this work, here goes nothing.

I,Trokair, of the <Order Minoris>*  take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge the First and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the light of the Omnissiah forsake me if I fail.

*name to be determined, I am rather unprepared for this.

I can finally welcome you into the fold, Trokair. :tu: Looking forward to reading about your Mechanicus Order Minoris; already have ideas of which direction you'd like to go with?

Trokair: Here I go:

• Vowing for one challenge at a time is perfectly acceptable;
  • Assembling models, even undercoating them, beforehand is fine so long as painting is done during the timeline of the second challenge;
  • You can either use a character model created for Challenge #2, make a new one during the duration of Challenge #4, or use one that you already have;
  • The choice of where the various threads end up is up to the individual but I would recommend them being in the relevant subfora;
  • Allied units and characters for Challenges #2 and #4 are acceptable if they have been fleshed out in some detail during Challenge #1.

If you have any more questions or the answers I provided above need further clarification, do not hesitate to ask. :thumbsup:

Gederas: Painting is to be done during the timeline for Challenge #2, though assembly work and undercoating can be done beforehand as mentioned above. :smile.:

Hmm.... So if I wanted to work on both my Night Lords warband and my Chaos Knight house, that's fine as long as the latter is fleshed out in the article for the former?

It would make sense to me that at least half of the models/units you vow to paint are from the organisation that is the main focus of your DIY article. Otherwise yes, you can work on both providing you follow the aforementioned restriction. :)

Note: I've updated the FAQ in the first post to reflect this decision.

I can finally welcome you into the fold, Trokair. :thumbsup: Looking forward to reading about your Mechanicus Order Minoris; already have ideas of which direction you'd like to go with?

Less ideas and more vague inklings. I like to convert and have bee converting an AdMech influence into several of my armies and had a vague fluff developing in the back of my mind without actually developing much.

Last year when the plastic sisters where finally coming I tried to work out how to have a Mechanicus influence and had a little discussion about it over in the Sisters area of the form.

The overall gist is that a Covent station in or near a Forgeworld has had some cultural seepage and mixing (via the general population I guess) from the AdMech over the centuries.

Beyond that and the modeling opportunities I am envisaging I have not really prepared anything. So we will see where this journey will take us.  

Edit: Made a starting thread: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/362669-order-minoris-fides-ex-machina/

Edited by Trokair

I, Princeps Supra Schoon, of Legio Lupos take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge 1,2,4, & 5 and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor/the Dark Gods/Gork and Mork/Hive Mind/other 40k deity/Brother Argos curse me if I fail.

My entries will be posted here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/362551-schoons-titans-terrain/

Edited by schoon

I, Shield Captain, of the Adeptus Custodes Warders of Rython Sodality take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge 1 and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor/Brother Argos curse me if I fail.

Alright. I can do this.

Edited by Shield-Captain

It is merely a spoiler-tagged outline, but I have the barebones of a Legio Datafile in the Liber Imperialis.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/362678-iron-gauntlet-2020-index-imperialis-cantorellian-23rd/

I, Brother Messor, of indeterminate allegiance, take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge the First and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the powers curse me if I fail.

I'm in.

I, toaae, of the Holy Order of the Penitent Saint take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge the First and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor curse me if I fail.

The thread
med_gallery_14776_16207_18489.jpg

------------------------------------------------------

I, toaae, of WAAAGH!!! Tortoof take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge the First and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May squigs eat my carcass if I fail.

The thread

Edited by toaae

Trokair: Interesting concept, looks like you've got a few ideas and plenty of things to flesh out! Good luck! :)

schoon: Welcome to the Iron Gauntlet! Nice to see some Titan Legio involvement. :tu:

Shield-Captain: Welcome to you, too! I look forward to reading about the exploits of your Warders. :D

Messor: Nice to see a Liber veteran return to pick up the Iron Gauntlet. I'm curious to see what you come up with for this one. :tu:

toaae: Nice surprise to see you all the way down here! And with two DIYs to boot; neat! Best of luck for them both, I look forward to reading more about them. :)

Right, now this update is out of the way, I must go offline for a while. Duty calls! But worry not, you'll be in the good care of Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, @Kelborn, @Brother Lunkhead, and @Brother Cambrius. They're all fairly busy with their own lives but have said they'll pop there heads in here every so often to update the participants list, help out with any questions or issues, provide guidance, etc. I'll be back hopefully by the end of next month. :)

In the meantime, good luck to all and I look forward to reading all of your entries in the near future!

The door ahead was vast from a distance, but standing in front of it, it barely registered on the mind as leading to anywhere significant. It had been a long time, and whilst the figure standing in front of this vast, but, unassuming door had previously been a warden within, it felt strange to be back...

Entering their previous entry code on a whim, they were surprised that it still worked, although the privileges it gave had changed. Still, it was gratifying to see it still functioned. Standing stock still for a moment to allow the security camera to focus on them, they pushed the door open. Quietly. It wouldnt do to announce their prescence just yet.

It was a lot quieter than they remembered, the sounds of explosions coming from the culinarum, the whizz of an inexplicable sphere with three equidistant holes marking its surface as it went about its business of braining someone who (probably) deserved it. Members within shouting out in joy at apparently getting their masterpiece finished, or screams of anquish as others tore up their parchment in rabid anger, no longer echoed in these halls. Or, at least if they did, the figure did not hear them. Another stood a little down the way, and hadn't seen them yet. They paused, straining to recognise them in the gloom. The other wore powered armour, with various symbols adorning the shoulder guard as was custom for those mired in multiple projects. Some were quite recognisable. They decided to let the other continue about their business uninterrupted. It was bad form to disturb members here, unless given leave to. The few who didn't heed this unofficial decree were never heard from again.

Continuing to walk, they heard more voices, muttered distractedly, as the owner reread their words, seeking out the Typo and purging them. It took sometime to reach it, but, a familiar door came into view. It had been securely locked, with a number of wards in place. Some weren't familiar, but they responded the same as the others. The plaque mounted in the centre was faded, and covered with dust. They smiled wanly. It really had been a long time. Not that time was ever really a thing here. It was quite similar to the Eye of Terror in that regard...

The door created open and they stepped inside. Once closed, the door glowed slightly, as the plaque inexplicably coalesced, the words imprinted on it changed, the dust obliterated as it did so.

Department of Incoherent Dichotomies In Obscure Texts.

Founder: Aquilanus Aqui.

Guess who's back? :lol:

Just a post to say that I'll be participating, but not sure to what capacity right now.

It would make sense to me that at least half of the models/units you vow to paint are from the organisation that is the main focus of your DIY article. Otherwise yes, you can work on both providing you follow the aforementioned restriction. :smile.:

Note: I've updated the FAQ in the first post to reflect this decision.

Okay, here we go then!

And what's this?

I, Gederas, of the Fangs of the Father and House Adraxian take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge 1 through 5 and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Dark Gods curse me if I fail.

Yup. Gonna go double or nothing with factions, and all or nothing with challenges :yes:

Just one thing:

The Custom Dataslate... Can it be in the B&C Forum style like the ones used here? Because I can't Photoshop to save my life :laugh.:

Edit: And here's the article posted.

Edited by Gederas

toaae: Nice surprise to see you all the way down here! And with two DIYs to boot; neat! Best of luck for them both, I look forward to reading more about them. :smile.:

Thank you! I actually have a lot of the base concepts worked out, it's just more flushing them out into digestible articles.

Awesome to see so many participating and veterans returning!

Does someone know If there's a suitable template for Knight color schemes?

If not, guess I'll need Freeblade again. ;)

Awesome to see so many participating and veterans returning!

Does someone know If there's a suitable template for Knight color schemes?

If not, guess I'll need Freeblade again. :wink:

I'm planning on using the Knight Desecrator I'm building as the "example colour scheme". Either that, or someone needs to make a template. Or I'll just write out what their colour-scheme is :lol:

I, Commissar_Roach, of the Sept World Fi'karro take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete all five challenges and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Mont'au befall me if I fail.

Edit: I have started my Thread

Edited by commissar_roach

I, Commissar_Roach, of the Sept World Fi'karro take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete all five challenges and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Mont'au befall me if I fail.

Welcome to the Iron Gauntlet, Commissar! I concur with Messor, it is very good to see T'au enter the gauntlet. I look forward to what you come up with!