=][= Liberalia Martiale 2020: The Iron Gauntlet

Dosjetka

Added. :tu: Are you going to be doing a separate article for House Adraxian?

In other news, my very busy next 4-6 weeks suddenly got very un-busy, so I'll be around double-teaming with Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch. B)

Edited by Dosjetka

Welcome back, brother! :tu:

Well well well

Look at how reallife can influence a hobby like ours. My son is enjoying looking through Warhammer codices and battletomes (he's four but he already favors Nurgle and Orks :D) with me.

Due to the current situation (me being at home more frequently, spending time with him instead of sitting in front of a computer), I probably going to be diving into Ork lore and such.

So, why not combining this with this years IG?

I, Kelborn, of WAAAGH! Blakjaw take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge 1 and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May Gork or Mork or both of them smash me if I fail.

First time ever that I'll be doing Xenos. Wish me luck. :biggrin.:

(Probably gonna skip House Toho in favor of them.)

Added. :thumbsup: Are you going to be doing a separate article for House Adraxian?

In other news, my very busy next 4-6 weeks suddenly got very un-busy, so I'll be around double-teaming with Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch. :cool.:

Planning on it once I get the Fangs' article to a decent spot (which is actually coming up sooner than I expected :lol:)

Weeeelll, it looks like I'm going to have a lot more time at home than I was planning over the next couple of months... and I've always fancied a matching pair of Iron Gauntlets! :lol:

I, Lysimachus, of the Order of the Sacred Scroll* take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenges 1-5# and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor curse me if I fail.

*placeholder name, this will be the Battle Sister Order that guards the Shrine World that my Emperor's Blade Chapter recruits from. The Order and Chapter work closely together, even sending mixed teams/battle groups on a variety of missions. Therfore, for Challenge 2 I'll be finishing building and then painting this Kill Team, it should include more SoB minis than Marines so I hope that will work as far as the requirements are concerned?

#Challenge 3 may prove... well... challenging, given the current world situation. If the organizers don't mind a suggestion from an old comrade, would it be wise to prepare/provide an alternative option for this Challenge?

I was wondering if you would awaken from your slumber, Honoured Ancient. Welcome back to the Iron Gauntlet!

As to your concern about challenge the third, we'll certainly take that into consideration, brother. Rest assured we will do our best to make sure everything goes off smoothly and safely. :tu:

Would tabletop simulator be an acceptable means of matches for those of us potentially locked at home?

To be honest, I think we'll be good to game again when Challenge 3 is active, seeing as how it starts in July :lol:. And despite everyone's freaking out about it, Covid19 is still in the Coronavirus family.... Which tend to die off in summer temperatures.

Would tabletop simulator be an acceptable means of matches for those of us potentially locked at home?

To be honest, I think we'll be good to game again when Challenge 3 is active, seeing as how it starts in July :lol:. And despite everyone's freaking out about it, Covid19 is still in the Coronavirus family.... Which tend to die off in summer temperatures.
Keep in mind, some of us are heading INTO those cooler temperatures...

The Liber Mods are looking for a decent solution to this issue. We'll figure something out that allows everyone to avoid any unnecessary risk but keeps the spirit of Challenge #3 intact. :)

It wouldn't be the Iron Gauntlet (or, let's be honest, the Liber) without a little madness, let's be honest.

You're setting a high bar, Gederas. Let's see just how high you can set it!

I mean, with the Campaigns section, there's roughly 9000 or so years between the Massacre of Antilles V and Pandorax Campaign. So I've got space to expand....

Well, it's been a while but now is as good as time as any to try and get back into the saddle for writing up an article. I will admit I've not got the best track record when it comes to trying to write an idea out from start to end but I suppose I need to try and regain some lost honor (even if I'm going to be writing about filthy 'traitors') but anyway, enough rambling:

I, The Pariah, once known as Dizzyeye, of the Ascendant Eyes take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge 1-5 and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Changer of Ways curse me with the Flesh-Change if I fail.

I'll have an article up and running tomorrow morning with my notes on where I want to take the Cabal of the Ascendant Eyes, exiled sons of Magnus the Red. There's some nice fluff around the Hidden Ones and the Order of Blindness I wanna try and have a stab at.

Edit: Link to the article can be found here.

Edited by The Pariah

I'm going to jump in with at least my main force, the VIIth Grand Battalion of the Iron Warriors. I may add some of the warbands and chapters that also fill my narrative headspace depending on how this goes.

I, Llagos_Tyrant, of the VIIth Grand Battalion, IVth Legion, to take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge I and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May my Legion curse me if I fail.

Link: The VIIth Grand Battalion

Edited by Llagos_Tyrant