=][= Liberalia Martiale 2020: The Iron Gauntlet

Dosjetka

I barely survived the first one so onwards to challenge two.

I,Trokair, of the Order Minoris Fides ex Machina take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge the Second and complete at least a Combat Patrol before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the light of the Omnissiah forsake me if I fail.

Starting Point. I’ll post an update once I have built some of it. I intend to Start with a Canoness converted from sister Amalia as I have already ycommited to that for the Lockdown Painting Challange

gallery_29932_13153_134797.jpg

Edited by Trokair

I, Grotsmasha, of House Harvestor take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge Two and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor curse me if I fail.

First model up is a Lucius Pattern Imperial knight,

gallery_48988_16024_89517.jpg

I, Grotsmasha, of House Harvestor take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge Two and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor curse me if I fail.

This does not look like any Games Workshop Knight design I know of. Where'd you get the model?

I, Brother Messor, in service to the Pallid Procession and the Great Unclean One, vow before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge the Second and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the powers curse me if I fail.

This does not look like any Games Workshop Knight design I know of. Where'd you get the model?

BCK is correct, they're files from Thingyverse, originally for Adeptus Titanicus, I just upscaled it

gallery_48988_16024_135384.jpg

Sweat poured from the Astartes' brow as he landed the final blow against the training servitor. His sword cleaved through half a foot of augmented muscle and bone to remove the remaining arm, and following it was a savage chop to the neck, putting the servitor to the ground. Lenoch harrumphed as he put a boot on the thing's chest, allowing the full weight of his silvered plate to pin it to the ground. His first chance to 'cut loose' in more than two months, and all he got for it was a series of servitors with more muscle than an Ogryn, and less skill than one, too. The training cages in this part of the fortress were woefully understocked with good training equipment, though that spoke more to the skill of the combatants that used them than available requisitions--it often happened that the veteran Astartes of the Legio destroyed or otherwise rendered inoperable every piece of equipment they could get their hands on, himself included.

Sighing, the Daimyo sheathed his blade and exited the ring, where a nervous guardsman of no more than 18 years in dark blue fatigues awaited, bearing a swathe of datapads in a rucksack.

"M-m-most impressive, l-lord Lenoch," he stuttered, still cowering slightly in the Astartes' presence after two months of close coordination and interrogation--though perhaps the latter had something to do with the boy's attitude, Lenoch mused. 

Daron merely nodded in acknowledgement and reached for the rucksack. The boy gave it over, and Lenoch withdrew his official communique datapad, flicking it on and unlocking it with practiced movements. He smiled slightly when he saw the most recent message."

"Private," he said with an animalistic grin slowly crossing his face, "inform your commander that they are to begin preparations for departure." 

"Sir?" Mellenkamp asked, not immediately discerning the officer's meaning.

"My company has arrived," Lenoch said, as they came to a viewing port. Outside, maneuvering into dock, was a strike cruiser with the name Peace Through Superior Firepower, bearing the sigil of the Dawn Blades with a pair of golden bars bisecting the device, marking it as the main ship of the Second Company.

"And we are going to visit hell on our foes."

Welp, stage one is complete and I'm ready to move on to the second challenge! I'll link my thread in the forge and the Barracks shortly, with some initial progress photos.

I've had a few real life issues that have hampered my efforts here. The end of the first Challenge and the beginning if the second Challenge are being organised but might take another few days.

My apologies, folks. Thankfully, the other Liber Mods are doing what they can to help so many thanks to them.

All good Dos.  I know how it gets. Let me know if I can help at all.  I might not be a mod but I am a long time Liberite and always lurking, if not posting, so happy to help where I can.  On another note hopefully it means the finish date gets pushed back to give me time to complete my mad plans...

So, just showing how much extra time I've had to paint recently, my vow for Challenge 2 is now complete! Just a bronze again but I'm happy with how they've come out:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/361412-lysimachus-kill-team-emperors-blade-space-marines/?p=5528182

Brother Argent looked grimly at the scattered data slates and half finished files before him. He had, once again, not been up to the challenge he had set before himself. He spat his scorn at the defiant works before smashing the offending data slates to the side. He would bend them to his will, given time. Of that he swore. But now was not that time. Although the echoed call had not yet sounded he knew what was coming and he would not be found idle. Not this time.

" SERF!!!" He roared, his vox amplified voice echoing and reverberating off the walls. When no one came he was able to yell again before a slim woman stumbled through the doors, her plain robes as disheveled as her long black hair.

" You called, Lord Reclusiarch?" the woman asked, bowing before the enraged chaplain.

" I did." Brother Argent snapped before sighing deeply to himself when the serf cringed in fear. When he spoke again his voice was far calmer and reassuring.

" What is your name, serf?" he asked and the girl stuttered her reply.

" Its Danei, Lord..." she said and Brother Argent nodded. He reached to where a set of heavy set ornate keys hung at his waste. He unlocked the mag lock on them and passed them to the girl whom struggled under the weight for a second before regaining her composure.

" Lord Reclusiarch?" she asked, looking at the keys.

" They are to a most sacred place. A place for redemption. Danei, its time to relight the Argent Forge."

So although the challenge hasn't officially started I am going to start working on things as I am going to attempt at least kill teams for all the forces and maybe more. So to begin I give you:

Grimgut's Ladz - Kill team from WAAAGH!!! Runtkilla

gallery_36568_16061_51573.jpg

And Fourth Squad Legatus of the Second Cohort of the White Talons Legion

gallery_36568_16061_53274.jpg

I will fluff them out more as I get the painted guys up. Little back stories etc for all of them.

A final question before I go light the Forge:

The battle reports for the later challenge, do they need to be done with exactly same army we painted for this challenge or can they be that and more. eg. If I paint, say, A Chaplain, Intercessor squad, Apothecary, Captain and Dread for this challenge, can I use those models and a few other squads for the next one?

Anyway, into the Fires of Battle, unto the Anvil of War! Or something forgish...

A final question before I go light the Forge:

The battle reports for the later challenge, do they need to be done with exactly same army we painted for this challenge or can they be that and more.  eg. If I paint, say, A Chaplain, Intercessor squad, Apothecary, Captain and Dread for this challenge, can I use those models and a few other squads for the next one? 

Anyway, into the Fires of Battle, unto the Anvil of War!  Or something forgish...

I asked this a while ago, the answer I got folllows:

Dosjetka, on 08 Apr 2020 - 05:47 AM, said:

Hi Focslain!

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

For the battle report I'm assuming that the models painted in challenge 2 have to be present. But can we include models painted prior that are part of our organization or does the battle have to include only the force painted in #2?

It would be nice to see some of the units you've painted up in Challenge #2 to be showcased in Challenge #3 but I'm not going to be unecessarily nitpicky for this: as long as one of the forces you showcase in Challenge #3 represents the faction you've created an article and painted models for, it's acceptable as an entry for Challenge #3.

I hope that answers your question. If you have a follow-up question or any other query, feel free to ask away. :tu:

All the best,

Dos

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Over the next few days, Ace finished reading the Moderati's dataslate that Mischa had bartered from Dosjetka's serfs. He'd come to learn quite a lot about the ten-strong squad of Sororitas accompanying him on his journey home.

gallery_46204_9220_156267.jpg

Home. That felt weird to say, after so long in the Legio. Ace wasn't sure what to expect when he arrived back in the Glastheim Rifts.

Thankfully, the journey was progressing well.

Or more accurately, mostly well.

The lack of proper training facilities had left Ace with precious little to do during the transit. For a Space Marine used to training or working in all waking hours, the lack of activity was a kind of torture.

He'd polished his armour, checked and double-checked the mechanisms on his chainaxes, and sharpened his knife to perfection.

So he'd started challenging the Sisters to sparring matches. Going easy on them, of course.

That hadn't done well. Sister Bethana, the first to accept his challenge, immediately went for a groin kick, then had her blood sister Estrel attack Ace from behind. If you were fighting for The Emperor, the Sisterhood agreed, there were no such thing as 'dirty tactics'.

He'd still won, of course. Barely, but that was the price of underestimating one's foe.

It had proven to be a valuable lesson, however.

Ace had trained and learned for two hundred years since the death of his brothers on Cironus. It would be foolish to assume Idarileth - the succubus who was responsible for the slaughter - had not done the same.

But Acemund of Talhon had grown older and wiser in the service of the Legio Bolter and Chainsword - specifically, in the part they called the 'Liber Astartes', where sons of all the loyal Primarchs gathered to share their wisdom, knowledge and expertise.

That knowledge, backed by the famed endurance of the White Hawks and fuelled by hatred, would be key to hunting Idarileth Skinsplitter.

"There you are," Sister Naritha said from the doorway, interrupting Ace's thoughts. "What are you doing down here, for pity's sake?"

"Looking for somewhere quiet to meditate." Ace laughed a reply.

"In the engine room?" Naritha asked, incredulously.

"I can't hear the hymns down here. It's easier for me to focus without them." Ace shrugged. "What can I do for you, Naritha? Are you after another sparring match?"

"No," Naritha replied, "You'll need to get your armour on. We've just sighted a ship called the Storm Eater, and-"

"Storm Eater? That's a White Hawks vessel. Captain Barodian's ship, unless I'm mistaken."

"That's him," Naritha nodded. "He says he wants a quick word. In person. So, suit up."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Ace, Naritha, Sister Safyl and Sister Superior Ramara formed the entirety of the visiting party to the Strike Cruiser called the Storm Eater. As the three were marched to the bridge, flanked by armed and armoured serfs, Ace looked around constantly like someone revisiting the home of their childhood.

"It's been some years since I was aboard this vessel. They've redecorated," Ace added, eyeing several pelts and beast-skulls that hung from the walls.

"That's nice," Naritha rolled her eyes. "But you're not here to critique the d Edited by Ace Debonair

Just wondering when the challenge 1 judging is done. Like to know I can mod my article without it affecting the results.

Also the link in the list is incorrect for my challenge two: correct link here

Hi folks,

Still battling with real life which has been draining a lot of time and energy lately. Desperately trying to find some time to get Challenge 1 closed properly and "officially" starting Challenge 2. I'm hoping it'll be done within th next week but can't promise anything at the moment.

Thank you all for your patience and I hope to resolve it all soon.

Cheers,

Dos

• 2 weeks later...

One month into Challenge Two and I have yet to find the time to paint, I have however finish the conversions for my Cannoness with Blessed Blade (picture below) and Imagifier and I have assembled two squads of Retributers and some Battle Sisters so I should get enough painted for the combat patrol. Now I just need good spraying weather.

gallery_29932_13153_20965.jpg

Hi all,

:cuss has hit the proverbial fan and I'm have been and will continue to be out of the picture for a while. I'm sorry that this event has fallen apart due to this. I'll do my best to make amends for it once things blow over later this year.

I hope you're all well and that I'll see you again on the other side.

Cheers,

Dos

Hi all,

:censored: has hit the proverbial fan and I'm have been and will continue to be out of the picture for a while. I'm sorry that this event has fallen apart due to this. I'll do my best to make amends for it once things blow over later this year.

Cheers,

Dos

As long as your ok (or will be ok once the situation resolves itself) then it's all fine. Just take care of yourself and we can try this again later.

Hi all,

:censored: has hit the proverbial fan and I'm have been and will continue to be out of the picture for a while. I'm sorry that this event has fallen apart due to this. I'll do my best to make amends for it once things blow over later this year.

Cheers,

Dos

This year has thrown it's own batch of challenges at us all, it seems.

Take as long as you need, brother. :happy.:

The Liber (and the Iron Gauntlet) will still be right here when you get back. :thumbsup:

Hang in there Dosjetka, keep safe and come back when you have the time, this is but a mian setback and no need to worry.

Quick update, I managed to spray earlier this week so here is everything undercoated for challenge two. However as I don’t think I will manage the full lot for the gold tier they three units for the silver combat patrol are on the left, the Canoness, the Imagifier and a Sister Squad with two Stormbolters.

gallery_29932_13153_93738.jpg

If I somehow do find the time there is a second Sister squad with two Flamers, a Retributer squad with Heavy Bolters and a Dominions with Meltaguns and a second Canoness.