Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

=][= LIBER SHOWCASE =][=

Liber Liber Showcase showcase articles Librarium

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 21,858 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
We have created the Liber Showcase as a repository of finished DIY articles here at the Bolter & Chainsword. Some of you may remember the Librarium, which previously served that function. Unfortunately, we had to remove the Librarium years ago; and we’ve been derelict in restoring that function. At last, though, we have completed that task.

To start things off, we’ve populated a few finished articles as examples of the realm of the possible. The Angels of Veneration is intended to show a low level of effort, specifically with the first post. That post serves as an example of what we consider the minimum level of effort necessary for an article to qualify for the Liber Showcase. You’ll note that the topic has multiple replies that actually drive the overall effort higher, but we are not using those replies to demonstrate the level of effort necessary. The Nova Hawks and Order of the Faithful Sword articles demonstrate what might be considered a medium/medium high level of effort, with graphics that took a degree of effort and a moderate use of BBCode. For both, ignore the graphic versions of those articles for the purpose of our “level of work” examples. The Regiments of Lamb’s World article demonstrates a higher level of work, with the graphics depicting actual painted models, the planet, etc. The Order of the Faithful Sword and Regiments of Lamb’s World articles also show that the Liber Showcase is designed to showcase articles for all factions and games set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, not just Chapters of the Adeptus Astartes.

You can find out more about the Liber Showcase and how you can submit your articles here.

Hopefully we’ll see many more articles soon, especially with the recent completion of the Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2019 and the Liberalia Martiale 2020 kicking into gear.
  • Focslain, Black Blow Fly, Ioldanach and 9 others like this

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 21,858 posts
I started added my own articles today - those that I didn't want to use as our starting batch of examples.

Members that already have finished articles (i.e., articles that they've posted previously and which have allowed for discussion for refinement/revision) are welcome to submit those articles.

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 982 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

Perhaps we can use this topic as a repository of links to the articles under discussion. I've put up my own article in the Adeptus Mechanicus forum, but there is not much traffic. If more people could be lured to my article, I might get more replies.

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 21,858 posts
There's no need for that. This topic would then just be ignored. A better solution [than simply posting in the Adeptus Mechanicus forum] is to also post in the Liber Imperialis forum. The members of the Liber expect to see and comment on DIY articles.

Lysimachus

Lysimachus

++ LUMINARCHUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,149 posts
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant
Hi Bro T,

I've started adding some of my DIY Chapters/Warbands to the new forum, but several of them also have some short stories written about them. I was wondering if it would be an appropriate use of the multi-post option to include the stories as 2nd/3rd posts in the same thread along with the main Index article?

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,087 posts

I can't speak for Brother Tyler but I don't see why that would be an issue. After all, one of the original entries in the Showcase are the Angels of Veneration who's article has been split into multiple posts. Yours doesn't exactly follow this format but I'd say it's safe to assume that what you're asking for is fine. :tu:

• Lysimachus likes this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

+ + +

Black Templars (8th Edition) - W:6 D:2 L:3

Ioldanach

Ioldanach

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 526 posts
Thanks for this. I copied a few of my finished articles in and they're awaiting moderator approval. There are a few that I'm revising/expanding (especially since the Ultima Founding has changed the dynamic), so I've left those alone.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Anhrathe (Eldar Corsairs): KT faction rules
Ynnari: KT faction rules

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 21,858 posts

I've started adding some of my DIY Chapters/Warbands to the new forum, but several of them also have some short stories written about them. I was wondering if it would be an appropriate use of the multi-post option to include the stories as 2nd/3rd posts in the same thread along with the main Index article?

Yes, but we need to add them one at a time. We're creating a backup of each post so that we have something to revert to if there is an editing error. Each backup appears immediately after the post it backs up. These backups are hidden so that you can't see them, but the mods/admins can see them*.

We've already created backups of each of your posts. Feel free to post a single reply for each of the applicable articles. The mods or I will approve them and back them up, then we'll send you a PM letting you know which ones are ready for additional posts.

* I know that you understand this since you're a former moderator, but the explanation is for the other members that don't know. msn-wink.gif
  • Lysimachus likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Liber, Liber Showcase, showcase, articles, Librarium

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users