Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DDA: Cannon up or down?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Beatnik cryptek

Beatnik cryptek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 327 posts
I really don't like the under slung doomsday cannon look on tge official DDA. I put mine on top. Anyone else do their arks that way?
May we and those we care for all make our toughness and armor rolls versus COVID is this dark hour we find ourselves in.

Midlight

Midlight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 92 posts

I've never seen one done that way. Could you chuck a picture up?

gallery_53969_15812_3395.gifgallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_48988_15465_1972.png

Beatnik cryptek

Beatnik cryptek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 327 posts

Necron%252520ghost%252520ark%252520conve

IMG_20120115_060347.jpg

IMG_20120108_134636.jpg

Personally I never liked the official version which looked kinda silly to me. The DDC is a nasty huge weapon, why hide it under the ark? Also the upside down ribs make it  look like the ark was a cartoon walking on silly little legs and feet.

May we and those we care for all make our toughness and armor rolls versus COVID is this dark hour we find ourselves in.

NTaW

NTaW

++ SUSPECTAVI VENEFICI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,438 posts

It sure does present the gun a lot better than when it's hidden away underneath. I thought about doing this when I built mine but decided to go the traditional route when I saw how the ribs looked in person.

The only thing I'd add to this is a bit of whatever sculpting putty you have handy to smooth out the hole in the top of the gun where the stand would have gone.

Get Thokt

Get Thokt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 102 posts
  • Faction: Necrons, Dark Angels
Personally prefer the original style though the alternative does make it easy to switch to a Ghost Ark with the help of a few magnets.

Beatnik cryptek

Beatnik cryptek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 327 posts

Personally prefer the original style though the alternative does make it easy to switch to a Ghost Ark with the help of a few magnets.

And there you go! Another reason to put the Cannon on top!

Dread

Dread

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,161 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of the Cerulean Shroud
Well poop! It's been a few years since I built mine. Wish I'd thought of that. Good job.
gallery-48988-15465-6059.jpg

I have come to kick ass and chew bubble gum! And I'm fresh outta bubble gum.

I like the way they pop.

ORDER OF THE CERULEAN SHROUD (SISTERS), NECRONS (ILLUMINOR'S MINIONS)
FROSEN STARS (HARLEQUINS), SAIM-HANN (CRAFTWORLD), DARK ELDAR
NIGHTLORDS, GREY KNIGHTS of the SILVER DAWN

BaconCouch

BaconCouch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 114 posts

I actually have mine both ways. I realized ghost arks were not good, so i put the gun up on top and glued it in place. It looks fine.

40k Armies I Own

Necrons (10,000 Points)

Custodes (3000 Points)

Space Marines (3500 Points)

bortbortbort

bortbortbort

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts

*a lot of magnets 🙃
Did the same though, works well. And the cannon is gorgeous, why hide it underneath?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users