Answering the Call

Greetings, brothers and sisters of the Bolter and Chainsword!

I've been lurking around these parts for quite some time now, marvelling at the wonders of this forum from the shadows… But now the call of the Liber has drawn me from the darkness, so I have donned my blessed armour and set out to meet its challenge head-on! 

… Now that that's over with, let's get to the slightly less overdramatic part of this introduction, shall we?

I've been in the Warhammer hobby for quite a while, ever since I once wandered into a local GW store as a kid (it had a giant statue of a Blood Raven guarding the door - how could child-me possibly resist!). High school saw me abandon the hobby for quite some time, but ever since I started college my interest in the strange, grim and dark world of Warhammer has been reignited, and I've been happily modelling, painting and writing ever since. Mostly modelling and writing, in fact, as those things come easier to me than painting, although I have been making improvements on that front. 

Miniature-wise, my main project at the moment is my Imperial Fists 7th Company Strike Force, which some of you may have seen passing by on DakkaDakka or Facebook. Other than that, I've got a smattering of other projects going on, in various stages of completion. I'll definitely be sharing those with you all in the near future; especially my Imperial Fists, as A. I'm very proud of them :wink: and B. Most of the inspiration for them came from the amazing blogs that can be found here on this forum, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on them. 

Writing-wise, I've been far less active lately; something I wish to rectify. I used to write a lot of short stories, set in both 30k and 40k, but I haven't written much in the past few years. The Liber's challenge is therefore a welcome one, and I look forward to participating in the Liber's activities. 

I feel like this is getting a bit long, so I'll stop here. In short, I'm glad to be here, and I'm looking forward to participating in the forum rather than just lurking all the time :biggrin.:

Oooh, taking on the Iron Gauntlet straight out of the gate, then? Very brave of you. and probably foolish Ignore that. 

Welcome aboard, Brother Ezra. We look forward to seeing you around, and I look forward to seeing you down in the Liber.

Oooh, taking on the Iron Gauntlet straight out of the gate, then? Very brave of you. and probably foolish Ignore that. 

Welcome aboard, Brother Ezra. We look forward to seeing you around, and I look forward to seeing you down in the Liber.

Well met, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch! Rest assured, I will keep the teachings of Rogal Dorn in mind, and not throw myself head-first into too big of a challenge without adequate preparation - so I'll stick to trying to complete the first challenge of the Iron Gauntlet for now :tongue.: