How often do you bleed?

These days, I tend to use a mold-line remover whenever I can.  Where I can't, I use a really old blunt scalpel blade to remove the mold-lines*, so it's basically impossible to cut myself without really trying. :)  It probably helps that I use a decent pair of cutters (Xuron), so there are very few nodules that actually need trimming down ...

* it's basically being used as a really fine version of the mold-line remover tool at this point.  I find using a fresh scalpel blade results in a high probability of removing too much material

been a long time but i do seem to remember the trophy racks on the 2nd ed metal chaos terminators, and the plastic ones too actually, could draw blood if they caught you wrong

I’ve been ran through by those and 3rd ed dark eldar warriors many a time.

I see your termie spikes and DE helmets and raise you...60+ Night Goblin spears.  Getting my NGs out of a box has caused more exclaimed four letter words than anything else in the hobby. It was like reaching into a box of little angry green hedgehogs. :censored:

Edited by Fajita Fan

I think twice in the ~4 years I've been in the hobby? But both times where more than scratches. Most recently I slipped and cut pretty deep into my finger. Luckily I didn't need stitches but it bleed for quite a while. The time before that I dropped my hobby knife and it landed in my big toe. That was another bleeder, although superficial.

I've cut the tip of my right thumb so many times and so regularly, I don't think you could get a clear fingerprint off it. It happens all the damn time and I don't really notice it anymore - at least until I start bleeding on whatever I am working on right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much every time I make a base. I add popsicle sticks on top, to make my marines taller. Trimming and shaping them usually ends up with a scalpel in my thumb.

Not a blade but I was drilling out the cross-vent on a bolter barrel the other day and wasn't careful and the bit punched through the other side and deep into my index finger.  I didn't realize how sharp that drill bit was, but I do now.  

Not a blade but I was drilling out the cross-vent on a bolter barrel the other day and wasn't careful and the bit punched through the other side and deep into my index finger.  I didn't realize how sharp that drill bit was, but I do now.  

Done that before. I feel your pain.

On a similar note I'd been drilling holes in metal vehicle panels with my Dremel, took a couple of seconds pressing for each one, then picked up a plastic hatch and drilled straight through it and into my kneecap.

Ah, the old times :D

Not a blade but I was drilling out the cross-vent on a bolter barrel the other day and wasn't careful and the bit punched through the other side and deep into my index finger. I didn't realize how sharp that drill bit was, but I do now.

Duuuude I did that pinning an pewter CSM terminator while working in the hobby shop and hit the back of my fingernail. I stopped and said something like “oh.....no” and the pain didn’t hit for the beat after I said it.

Which as it happens is long enough for everyone to look over right as I pull the thing out to inadvertently show off the jet spurt of blood out of my thumb. Those were some truly Chosen termies...

I think you can tell whether I'm on a hobby spree by the amount of cut marks or scars on my thumb :D

As for "major" accidents, the aforementioned thumb has a slightly sharper slope on its outer side thanks to me being a dummie when cutting thick plasticard with a dull blade. Nothing too serious, I just removed a tiny strip of flesh on the tip, but my father was not very happy to have to take me to the ER past 10pm so they could stop the bleeding (spent like 10 minutes trying to reduce the blood flow to stop it myself to no avail