Flayed ones

INKS

I will be needing some flayed ones for my kill team. I don't love the GW ones. I've seen some conversions online but nothing that really knocks my socks off. Also it seems like the flesh on them is often painted way too pink. Are they slaughtering pigs and wearing their skins? Because it doesn't look like human skin. lol

I can't be the only one. 

If you have some flayed ones, or favorite conversions can you please share them with me. I'll probably have to kit bash something together I guess. Many players use the warrior kit, but I feel like I need more than that.

I have seen claw bits from the AdMech range used with Warriors, and there's also knife arms from Puppetswar you can check out.

Myself I found some metal ones a while back but went with a less fresh look with the skin.

49220124377_4a630357a3_z.jpg

It appears as though I am going to have to make them myself or hire someone who can do the GS work much better than I ever could.

I'd like to cover them in various skins of enemies, Tau, Orks, etc.  I assume not everyone has red blood. Do we know the blood color of Tau for example?

I'd like to maybe but tattoos on some of the skins, very faint. 

Correct me if I am wrong but, we mostly see warrior types as flayed ones but can't ANY Necron fall and become a flayed one? A lord? Immortals? Praetorians? 

If might be cool to get a few of those models and see if I can't some how convert them with claws. Speaking of which I'd rather have long claws (thinking Freddy) rather than bladed hands and such, but maybe there is a way to make those bladed hands look good as well.

Thoughts? Anyone?

Right... 

What about this "Correct me if I am wrong but, we mostly see warrior types as flayed ones but can't ANY Necron fall and become a flayed one? A lord? Immortals? Praetorians? "

They all can fall to the Flayer virus, there's even a short story where a Cryptek (/the whole tomb) is infected.

There's only rules and models for Warrior based ones at the moment but if I recall correctly there were rules for a Flayer Cult with an Overlord leader as well as converted models in the Damnos campaign book of yesteryear.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot from my phone of the formation with a picture of the converted Overlord.

49686215018_19656035c7_b.jpg
Edited by NTaW

The maynarkh dynasty is supposed to be the source of the flayer virus and the most heavily infected. Even it's leaders are suffering a slow burn version of it abd exist solely to murder all living things. Rumor has it the silent king plans to use them in an all out assault on the tyranids someday and tolerates them as a weapon meant to be expended in the end.

https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Maynarkh_Dynasty

Btw, I suppose you could make your own FOs by using plastic skeleton mins maybe with a few necron bits added like heads and lower legs from ghost ark bodies and arms from unused immortal weapons. You could cut off the bayonet from a few gauss blasters to make a wicked looking flensing knife hand abd arm, have a peep at my wraith to destroyer coversion for an idea.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187483042@N03/49671763792/in/dateposted-public/

Edited by Beatnik cryptek

I'll have to see if I can get that Daemos campaign book, that looks cool. I've got some idea on how I want them to look, but getting them to look that way might be out of my ability. I am going to look for a mini sculpture do to some of the work.