Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

30K: Imperial Fist Lightnings

Horus Heresy 30K Imperial Navy Lightnings Imperial Fists

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

mega_marines

mega_marines

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,545 posts

I realized I don't post anywhere near enough anymore and usually just do stuff from my phone, but every once in a while I should pop in to show what I've been working on. 

Since I'm currently stuck at home for the next few weeks due to state lockdown and self-isolation, I figured I'd finish up some Lightnings to use with my Imperial Fists in 30k! I've painted them decently neutral so they can be used in any of my other imperial forces. 

Calling them done for now, however. Tried my hand at blistering the paint on one of them for a close call look; hopefully it looks alright. Not bad for rescued eBay models!
8sBmyfQ.jpg

• Magos Takatus, Astartes Consul, jeremy1391 and 9 others like this
"There is no such thing as an obscene amount of firepower."- Sergeant Antaro Chronus

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,063 posts

Those Lightnings look great. I like how you've been restrained with the yellow on the wings. It links them to the Imperial Fist force without them just being all yellow. I like that for the same reason I'm not keen on seeing Imperial Knights painted in Chapter/Legion colours. The weathering on the wings is a nice touch as well.

• Dr_Ruminahui likes this

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Plog: http://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Plog: http://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,167 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Great job on the Lightnings!
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,884 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels since RT.
Cool aircraft :tu:
Great painting too!

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_48988_15465_19298.pngETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifETL_Medal_06.gifsml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.png

Stobz'z DAngles

mega_marines

mega_marines

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,545 posts

Thanks for the kind words! 

"There is no such thing as an obscene amount of firepower."- Sergeant Antaro Chronus

Sandalphon

Sandalphon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,327 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Great colour scheme and awesome looking aircraft, well done on the close call too! what did you use - paint stripper?

outgunned, outnumbered - but never outclassed.

Kaeloth@CMON

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,088 posts

Great use of yellow as a spot stripe colour and the weathering just adds that extra "oomph". :tu:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

+ + +

Black Templars (8th Edition) - W:6 D:2 L:3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Horus Heresy, 30K, Imperial Navy, Lightnings, Imperial Fists

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users