Hi,

I'm thinking about starting a sisters army, so thought i'd look at a few lists. I initially made up a 2k list but, when I looked into buying the models, we we're talking about £600+ even with discounts. 

With that in mind, I made a 1k point list, which should be much more attainable. I'll list this below, but really I just wanted to get some feedback on if the units i'm buying are a good idea, if there is anything I'm missing out that is a must include or should be prioritising as my next buy.

All advice is welcome, as I said, i've not started buying yet so any feedback will be a big help.

HQ

Canoness - Warlord - Relic: Blade of Admonition, Trait: Beacon of Faith, Condemnor Boltgun

Celestine (no force org slot - Geminae Superior)

Troops

Sisters x10 includes Simulacrum, Meltagun and Multi-melta, chainsword on Sister Superior

Sisters x5 includes Heavy Bolter, Storm Bolter, chainsword on Sister Superior

Sisters x5 includes Heavy Flamer, Flamer, chainsword & Hand Flamer on Sister Superior

Elites

Death Cult Assassins x2

Heavy Support

Exorcist - Hunter-killer missile

Penitent Engines x2 - Buzz-blades and Heavy Flamers

Dedicated Transports

Immolator - Hunter-killer missile

Rhino - Hunter-killer missile

So this is 1k on the nose, obviously if and when I add to it the list will change. I'm not aiming to be majorly competitive, I'm just aiming for a decent army that can win casual games. 

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the club NK!

SoB are very expensive but the models are beautiful. Which is why I'm practicing my skills on my cheap guardsmen until I become decent. Then I'll work on my SoBs.

Anyways, I can only comment on the infantry portion of this list as I've only played 4 games of SoB thus far:

HQs:

Canoness and Celestine is a solid choice. I'd suggest making Celestine your warlord. She automatically takes Beacon of faith. Then give your canoness heroine in the making (1CP): Indomitable Belief. Combine her bubble with Celestine to give your units a 4++ Sv.

If you run Bloody Rose like I do, consider their order specific relic for your canoness. In my experience, the extra 3 attacks are worth their weight in gold.

An additional consideration would be bringing a preacher. He gives a +1A bubble. Amazing for melee focused armies.

Troops:

I see you are going for themes with your troops. Bolters for one, flamers for another.

I'd suggest changing the heavy bolter to a storm bolter. It keeps your running theme and gives you more mileage out of blessed bolts stratagem.

Normally I'd say keep your squads to 5, but having the bubble wrap for your meltas is a good rule of thumb. As is a simulacrum.

I recommend you add in an Imagifier. Ignore AP and/or +1S is huge.

I’ve been reading some of the other threads and read about the imagifier which sounds good. I was edging towards the Valorous Heart for the FNP and the ignore -1 AP, but I intend to paint them as my own scheme (as yet to be determined) so I can run them as any order.

Sounds like good advice on Celestine and the Canoness with the Warlord traits. I’ve not got the codex yet, I’ll be getting it with my first purchase, so not really checked the order specific traits or any of the relics in detail so I appreciate the suggestions.

Personally if you're going to run squads of 5-10 battle sisters I would either keep them cheap with storm bolters or put 2 meltaguns in your squads of 10. Alternatively you could run Retributors instead with either Multi Meltas or Heavy Bolters. This gives you another long range unit to sit in the back and shoot with your Exorcists.

Feel free to run any order you like. I would say Valorous Heart, Bloody Rose, Ebon Chalice, and Argent Shroud are all great for their bonuses. Without dedicated melee units I would suggest staying away from Bloody Rose though. Other than that I would stay away from rhinos and just bring immolators if you want transports for MSU squads of 5 girls, and would run Mortifiers instead of Penitent Engines, same points but Mortifiers have 9" move instead of 7" and have a few more useful special rules, though they trade a 5+ FNP for a 6+ and lose the rerolling hits in the first round of combat. What they gain is pretty solid though, assault Heavy Bolters or pistol Heavy Flamers.

Just start small, see what you like, and go from there honestly.