Blood Drinkers - The Return of Ten Year Old Blood Angels Plu

Hey everyone,

No time like the present to retool an old army that Ive tried to get back into several times. So this log will be an ongoing record of the old models transitioning to a new paint scheme employing the tricks Ive learned in the last ten years as well as an addition of newer models that Ive had or acquired recently. I have everything from Scouts to Land Raiders and everything in between to redo. So, if you like the look and the scheme stick around and see whats new. Ill be trying to get a unit redone every two weeks. If you have any tips, either on painting or on actual game play for Blood Angels Id appreciate it. Ive been out of the game for a while and haven't played any 8th ed. Hopefully that will change once I start to fill out an army with this new scheme.

Anyway, Ill get on with it. I went through a couple test models looking for a look that I liked. Ill include one of those as well as the first set of Infiltrators that I started with. I picked up the Start Collecting Primaris box because it was such a good deal and I wanted the Eliminators anyway. We'll see if these guys manage to kick some scouts out and take on the infiltrating roll.

IMG-20200222-173343.jpg
Wasnt very happy with this one, may have been the execution but it just didnt grab me. 
IMG-20200229-171929.jpg
IMG-20200301-160632.jpg
Getting closer, I didnt mind the grain as its not going to see a table, just a test model. 
IMG-20200310-205412.jpg
IMG-20200313-172924.jpg
IMG-20200317-000011.jpg

Ok, here we go! Lets run with this and see where it takes us.

So, for now thats all that I have done. But there will be more of this squad when I wrap it up. Ill also try to get some videos out of the painting process to go along with all the images.

Until then, thanks for looking!

Edited by OriginPainting

Hey guys, thanks for stopping by and endgaging! K0nahrik, it is indeed a smash captain. Hes one that I 3d printed to use as a test model and wont see the table since 0% of it is GW bits. Soul, always get to get some blood thirsty "loyalists" out there isn't it. 

Managed to get these guys finished up. Pretty pleased with how the color scheme came out. Im sure that itll adjust a little bit as time goes on but its a great starting point.
DSC-6173.jpg
DSC-6178.jpg
DSC-6190.jpg

Nice to see a cousin on the work! Good looking so far.

Where'd you get those helmets? Some 3D priniting? No harm in a little Halo Spartan vibes :)

Barrel extensions are also nice, although their inner diameter seems a tad too small for the size of bolter rounds we usually imagine.

Keep up the good work :)

Always good to find a brother in the battle!

I grabbed the files off Thingverse, I had to modify it a bit as most are cosplay helmets that don't print out well at this scale. The Suppressors came from there too. I also find the interior diameter to be a bit challenging but I was worried about how thin the resin could go before it split.

Absolutely, this is just the beginning!

Got the Razorback into the photobooth for some quick pics. Lots of prep work that I should have done to smooth out its rough Ebay edges. Sometimes preowned stuff is cheap for a reason I guess lol. Anyway, it looks amazing at three feet on a tabletop so Im happy with it. The turret is a 3d print, which I think came out pretty good. The original one it had was mangled worse than the rest of the model.

1.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg
9.jpg

Hey Sagentus, thanks for stopping by and taking a look! That Razorback really did look a bit bright didn't it  : )  
Andddd…. Im officially on the Mephiston hype train! Took long enough and I could put another dozen hours or so in. But, Im really happy with how it turned out. I reposed both arms and changed the angle that the head sits at, making it at least a little unique.
1.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

Andddd we have another set done. This time its some scout fodder. I loved them back in 5th ed, well see if I still love them. 

Overall they are a very TT level squad but I really enjoyed how the camo cloaks came out on them. 

Video is here     https://youtu.be/UeXpn09uBOQ

DSC-6370.jpg
DSC-6354.jpg
DSC-6350.jpg

Edited by OriginPainting