Hello all. My dad and I are new to Warhammer 40k and are starting to build our armies. He is going Ultramarines and as started to amass his army. We plan on starting with about 1500pt armies with some ability to change out a unit here or there. His army is quite extensive and has many options in all categories (HQ, Elites, Troops, FA, Hvy Support, Flyers and Transport). My objective to to field a solid 1500 list of Alpha Legion with some ability to adjust to what he pulls out.
I am starting with the Chaos Marine Starter kit:
- 1x Master of Possession (supplied with a Citadel 40mm Round Base)
- 1x Venomcrawler (supplied with a Citadel 100mm Round Base)
- 2x Obliterators (each supplied with a Citadel 50mm Round Base)
- 2x Greater Possessed (each supplied with a Citadel 40mm Round Base)
- 1x Chaos Space Marines unit (10 miniatures, each supplied with a Citadel 32mm Round Base)
- Chaos Marine Battle Detachment: the Chaos Space Marines Battalion Detachment set includes your three mandatory Troops units as well as two Fast Attack units and an HQ choice to lead it. As a Character, the Chaos Lord/Sorcerer Lord in Terminator armour can also serve as the Detachment's Warlord, enabling you to generate an additional Command Asset each turn.
- 1x Helbrute
- 10x Raptors
- 1x Chaos Lord in terminator Armor
- 1x Sorcerer with jetpack
I know i may have to many Chaos Marines and some other things that might not fit well but I would obvious like to use most of what I already have. What do you suggest I add to build out my Alpha Legion army and what would the optimal configuration would play in a 1500point game? I figure I will need to buy as many units to be around 2000 pts to give it some flexibility. Please let me know on what I should prioritize over the base 1500pt army recommendation. Thank you very much.