What to buy next

whiteridder

Hello brothers of the watch. I need your advice for my army.

At this moment I got a large army, but not a lot of tanks or transports.

I now got 7 squads of 5 man veterana, 1 squad of 10 intersessors, 1 squad of 10 reivers and 10 terminators. Also 2 blackstars, 1 lr achilles and 1 lrc and a repulsor.

I was thinking to buy some razorbacks. Can you give me some advice what to do?

Honestly I would wait until our update in Psychic awakening pops up. It could possibly mean we get access to the primaris "Rhino".

But if you dont want to wait I would recommend buying a Razorback and magnetize it so it could be a Rhino aswell. And Drop pods are a option aswell if you want to save CP in your games and get 1 st turn strike.

Grab some vanguard veterans for your veteran kill teams. Fall back and shoot is a strong ability. I always put one VV in my kill teams and I arm him with dual pistols to keep up the dakka.

The same can be said about inceptors for primaris kill teams. They also like aggressors though.

Edited by IronDreddKnight

I have mixed feelings towards transports with DeathWatch as we have other tools to boost mobility and survivability.

But I do prefer Rhinos to Razorbacks. More space and cheaper. So like Azaiel suggests get the Razorback kit and magnetize it for a Rhino as well.

General advice. Get Hellblasters, Aggressors and Inceptors. Fortis kill teams put in work.

I also recommend drop pods and Vanguard Vets, if you're looking for something to work RIGHT NOW.

I have a rhino and 2 razorbacks that saw a bunch of action. The twin las and the twin assault cannon have been good to me. I used the rhino slightly more than the rest before moving to a drop pod. I don't really run 5 man vet teams anymore but if you do, than the razorback would be a investment. Park that guy next to a watchmaster or Dominus Aegis Captain. The las cannon version is technically the cheapest vehicle that brings a twin lascannon. The twin assault cannon, of course, brings weight of dice.

Both rhino and razorback would be ideal if you're bring vets without storm shields or melee focused kill teams.

Anything beyond that I would stick to the advice of waiting for our psychic awakening. The new rules are gonna bring some small meta change... litanies, maybe some decent psychic powers, etc. Hope that helps.