Thunderhammer lord or Daemon prince with axe?

I was thinking slaaneshi nightlords... “prey on the weak” stratagem cancels the minus to hit (and could even have killing fury). As they aren’t using relic weapons, can have intoxicating elixir.

I was going to do a smashlord build... then I thought... why not a prince??!

Made me wonder what everyone else thinks?

Being infantry is useful and having the better invulnerable... but all those extra wounds... and being psychic...

I prefer the Fist of Decay on a Jump Lord. It's basicly a Thunderhammer that always wounds on 2s for much less points.

I did build myself one of them... but didn’t like the look of it after I’d finished... now I’m jonesing to build the others!

The Prince has the Daemon keyword too which has advantages and disadvantages (as with base size difference!). Princes are one of the stand out units from the codex, they can do nice support to your forces in various ways. If you don't have a Prince then he is your better option, but there's still enough of a price difference to separate them I reckon (roles other than slapping things about in combat aside). The Lord can bundle into transports or skulk around in and around buildings/units which might be a better fit, as well as saving a few points.

A Lord can deepstrike with a Jump pack. In a Night Lords army I think that the deepstrike strats, combined with the benefits of strategems that only apply to infantry, makes it the better option for what you're looking at. I dont know how worth it it would be, but the chains relic will bump the Thunderhammer to AP -4 or Stormbolt Plate will add durability. What role are you trying to fill exactly? Tank killer, character assassin? Edited by Doom Herald

Depends on the Legion, but I've been using a smashlord with my World Eaters for several games now, and have been thoroughly impressed with his damage output.

World Eaters Chaos Lord w/ Jump Pack, Thunder Hammer, Talisman of Burning Blood, and either Tip of the Claw (Host Raptorial) or Violent Urgency (World Eaters) warlord trait

He runs with a squad of Warp Talons to shut down overwatch and tie up enemy units while he hunts enemy characters for CPs (via a WE stratagem). Only thing to keep in mind is that he's very fragile; 5 wounds at T4 just isn't impressive.

A Lord can deepstrike with a Jump pack. In a Night Lords army I think that the deepstrike strats, combined with the benefits of strategems that only apply to infantry, makes it the better option for what you're looking at. I dont know how worth it it would be, but the chains relic will bump the Thunderhammer to AP -4 or Stormbolt Plate will add durability. What role are you trying to fill exactly? Tank killer, character assassin?

I was actually thinking intoxicating elixir (whether smashlord or axe prince) getting an extra attack and to greater than 8 strength seemed rather good.

Working on both at the moment. Prince is in the early stages but the smashlord is almost ready.

1051578_sm-Chaos%20Lord.jpeg