Old WH40K player reporting for duty.

Hiyas all.  I played WH40K back in 4th edition days and have decided to get back into it.  Dusted off my old Blood Angels army and starting building my Ultramarine and Alpha Legion armies.  I am going to play with my sons (27, 19 and 10) as soon as we get our armies painted.  I have a lot to relearn and loving it.

Welcome back!

Feel free to post work in progress shots and engage us other forum members. As a family man, I`ll gladly take part in a motivational thread. Slow—grow and positive feedback from us all is where it is at?

Brother, welcome back to The Hobby.  I'm also curious about this bit:

my sons (27, 19 and 10)

This is almost too good a sample group, each of your sons kinda falls into his own age group, but they all watch you with your Blood Angels and now Ultramarines and Alpha Legion armies.  What are each of their preferences?  Are their similarities or differences in what appeals to them?

I'll give you an example.  One friend has 2 sons, about 5 years apart.  The friend plays many different armies, Loyalist and Chaos and Xenos.  His elder son likes Raven Guard, is very dedicated to just 1 Chapter, Raven Guard.  His younger son...likes terrain.  He doesn't care about armies, he just wants to build a town for people to fight in, and he'll come up with a whole backstory for them.  No doubt there are some dynamics that influence the younger son (my friend and his eldest are often the one playing, so the younger's contribution is the terrain).

Anyway, would be curious about anything you could share.  I'm just curious about what draws different types of people to Warhammer.

• 4 weeks later...