Book 4 Siege of Terra Spoilers! Beware!

Aztek

That is my fear with this, that it's just some "Haha! Alpha Legion!" plot thing.

It would be a nice way to put a bit more pressure on the traitors, while giving Corswain more spotlight. A criminally under-depicted character, whose much-vaunted skill with a blade is only seen once, in a flashback in a single 40k-era story.

Edited by Darkwrath121

At least some Legions are going to get a good showing.

The UMs ain't getting jack and the Wolves are likely going to be more humiliated yet since McNeil is the one who grabbed them.

The Salies are going to get unreasonable attention somehow though.

Not sure if the RG and IHs are getting anything more than Selenar, but hey thats a pretty big contribution.

I am glad it is not Roboute and the Ultras that get there first. I am glad that the loyalist relief is starting at a trickle, rather then just one massive wave right at the end. Also glad they left the Lion out for now so the fence sitting old lore ( which out of universe we know was never true) still has a leg to stand on.

IMO it was a perfect teaser ending to the book. I'd imagine that part of the narrative of the latter books will now be 'Loyalist reinforcements fight their way through Perturabo's defenses', seeing as we kept on being reminded in Lost and the Damned that the Iron Warriors were spending all their time fortifying the outer system.

Works better to ratchet up the tension than just 'Guilliman, The Lion and others are going to be here soon!' as an off screen presence.  

The concept of the three legions at Terra, the Wolves/Angels/Ultras coming in hot from the Outer Solar System, and the Shattered Legions doing their thing throughout is awesome and will make for really cool lore when FW gets to the black books.