Waaagh Zodd Takes to the Air

It’s been a bit quiet on here for a while, so I thought I’d finally get round to sharing what I’ve been up to! Many years ago I built a huge Blood Axe Ork army for 40k, sadly now lost to the tides of eBay, but General Zodd (my online namesake) still sits in pride of place in my cabinet, so when Aeronautica came out, I knew his time had come again.

My original army had different camo for different units, my thinking being that the Blood Axes like camo, but apart from the Kommandos, they don’t necessarily understand what it’s for. So rather than going for a theatre-appropriate camo, each mob would wear their Nob’s favourite colour scheme. With that in mind, I did something similar with my Orks. It also helps immediately spot what plane is what at a glance.

Without further ado, here are my Dakka Jets;

It1Ty9z.jpg

A close up of my Bi-Plane (a mini version of an old 40k scale one I made), which represents Kustom Big Shootas when I want one;

r8rmUq0.jpg

My Fighta Bomberz;

71dIfpz.jpg

A close up of my bases;

PY4xFDV.jpg

And my ground assets;

z95fkEN.jpg

I also have a couple of Eavy Bommerz and a couple of Grot Bommerz, which I now realise I’ve not taken any photos of yet! I shall return tomorrow and add a couple more pics.

Unless they do any more Ork aircraft, I suspect that might be the lot for my Orks, though a friend of mine did challenge me to make an X-Wing Dakkajet, though, so I may have to add just one or two more at some point...

Nice work :)

Any plans for bommerz with tiger stripes..?

My original army had different camo for different units, my thinking being that the Blood Axes like camo, but apart from the Kommandos, they don’t necessarily understand what it’s for.

Sounds about right :D  I seem to remember there was an article on camo in WD, and the Orks were doing it quite wrong ... :)

• 1 month later...