Drukhari Army

LorenzoSasso

Hi Everyone!

So, i should really start posting and since i am not a player, this gallery section is probably the best place where to do it.

I'm showing a Drukhari army i painted a while ago and will start with 2 sets of Wyches + some closeups.

The color main scheme is a contrasting red-turquoise with neutral colors for the details.

Red is based on Reaper Deep Red, edge highlighted adding a bit of red and white.

Then i used the now OOP GW Hawk Turquoise for painting some small details, like grenades, marks on the faces etc and hence create a strong contrast.

Hope you like!

Wyches-set1-1.jpg
Wyches-set1-2.jpg
Wyches-set1-6.jpg
Wyches-set2-1.jpg
Wyches-set2-3.jpg
Wyches-set2-6.jpg

They look good, nice skin tones.

What could make them even nicer would be some deeper recess shading on the armour, it feels a touch flat in the pictures. Edge highlight is fine but I think you'd gain a lot with a little bit more shadow.

It might just be the lighting on the pictures but I don't think so.

Still nice xenos :)

They look good, nice skin tones.

What could make them even nicer would be some deeper recess shading on the armour, it feels a touch flat in the pictures. Edge highlight is fine but I think you'd gain a lot with a little bit more shadow.

It might just be the lighting on the pictures but I don't think so.

Still nice xenos :smile.:

Hey Mate!

For sure my photo equipment needs an update, but what you say it's true :P

These were painted to be a good tabletop: indeed i've added some more shading while painting the characters.

Will post them in the next days, looking forward to your feedback

Your colour pallette is great on these, the blue spot colour works really well.

Do you use a colour wheel for balancing your choices or just go by what feels right?

In this case i studied carefully the color scheme prior to begin the work, but often i go by what feels right: i try to figure in my mind a rough scheme and i adjust it while painting

However i've studied (and still do) some books about color theory: that helps a lot

These are the Reavers and 2 Venoms from this batch of the army.

Same colors used (Deep red, turquoise etc) but i've added some weathering on the large surfaces and on the blades, both by brush and by the "sponging" technique.

Drew some runes also: i am totally ignorant about the lore and i don't know if they make any sense.

They were inspired (or completely copied) by the ones from the trasnfer sheet.

Reavers-Set1-1.jpg

Reavers-set2-1.jpg

Reavers-Set1-2.jpg

Venom2-1.jpg

Venom2-3.jpg
Venom1-4.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thank for all the feedback guys!

These are some really nice models. I would love to run mine with yours anytime. Ill gets some pics of mine up soon. Keep up the great work.

Would love to see yours, post pics when you're finished :smile.:

I take this chance to share some of the HQ i painted along with this first batch

A Sslyth and Succubus painted on the same army's colors, then another succubus i was requested to paint in a totally different scheme of my choice

Hope you like them!

Edit: someone knows how to resize images in BBcode? This time they came out very small

Sslyth-1.jpg Succubus1-1.jpg Succubus2-3.jpg

Edited by LorenzoSasso