By Blood and Bone - Khorne Three Ways

Guiltysparc

Hello B&C!  Its's been a while since I've made a project log, but with the 'rona shutdown I'm working from home and have the time to do it.  I wanted to build an army with the new Chaos Knights.  I also had a bloodthirster and new Khârn model that I never really got to use.  Then i had a great idea, what if i built an army that was all the flavors of Khorne - Knights, Daemons, and World Eaters!  So, here is what I have in the works and i'll be updating this thread with finished pieces and maybe the occasional WIP.

The full army is set at 1,500pts at the moment:

1. Daemons of Khorne Detachment with a big axe Bloodthirster and 15 flesh hounds
  2. Chaos Knights Detachment with a Knight Rampager and 2 warglaives (with room for a shooty knight when i expand to 2k pts)
  3. A World Eaters Detachment with Khârn and berzerkers in a rhino
Edited by Guiltysparc

First up, the Daemons!

I have 15 flesh hounds, 10 new ones and 5 old ones. I love the new hound models and with contrast paints I knocked out each unit of 5 in a weekend.

gallery_92768_15770_1633980.jpg

gallery_92768_15770_1362223.jpg

Next, the Bloodthirster. I built and painted this guy several years ago, but he's still one of my favorite models.

gallery_92768_15770_79941.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Which chainaxes are those? 

Really nice

They are from pop goes the monkey on shapeways.  The finish on them is a little rough, in that the flat surfaces are somewhat textured, but once they get painted up it looks pretty good.