Primaris Chaos Space Marine models?

Dracos

Okay the title is slightly misleading to my true intent. See already taking a Chaos (Alpha Legion) mindset ;)

I am close to "finishing" a 2k Primaris army (75% new 25% old) and I'm hoping to finally after almost 30 years of taking on a Chaos project . . .

. . . but only if I can get the biggest power armored Chaos Marines possible.

Are the "new" Chaos Marines the same size as in Blackstone? If not I'll wait. I'm at am age I have issues doing small details, but still have a certain level of expectations when I project is finished. I appreciate help with this question my Google search-fu wasn't conclusive and I don't want to invest in a range at the moment if that size hasn't seemed to have reached its new height yet ;)

The new kits are the intended size, and are better proportioned than the old ones.

There will be no 'Primaris' for Chaos, because our range was (before the last update anyway) in much need of update already, and so the planned obsolescence protocol was not yet needed.

I'm still laughing that people though Primaris would be 'along with' the normal Marines....

The new models are noticeably taller than the CSM models before the range was updated. I had to add a layer of cork underneath their feet when rebasing my old CSMs. Without having any Primaris models to compare I can't say for sure, but the new CSMs are a head taller than the older marine models.

I don't have those particular models on hand, but they look to be the same size as the new CSM models. That said, I have seen the Obsidious Mallex model sold as the CSM Lord with Thunder Hammer, and he is in the scale of the new CSM models - although he is on the 40mm base I think, whereas current CSMs are on 32mm. Both are still scaled up from the 25mm base of the old sculpts.

I have the BSF legionaries, the shadowspear chaos marines and 10 marines from the full kit and there is no discernible difference in size between them. They are completely interchangeable if you are willing to cut the monopose shadowspear models up and use a little green stuff.

They are a little shorter than primaris tho

I have the BSF legionaries, the shadowspear chaos marines and 10 marines from the full kit and there is no discernible difference in size between them. They are completely interchangeable if you are willing to cut the monopose shadowspear models up and use a little green stuff.

They are a little shorter than primaris tho

Thanks gentlefolk :) I think it's time I delve into the Lore and Modelling and see what inspires me. It will be infantry based and while I'm big fan of DIY ... Warband in this instance? I also want to be competitive within my own restrictions. 

None of which I would contemplate without knowing the bulk of models I want to paint and play with are newest size possible. Thanks guys 

Just to post my experience, I am also about to "cork up" my old chaos marines as Llagos_Tyrant did. Plus, I convert champions and characters from Primaris SM. so they are immediately distinguishable from the rest of their lot... I am pretty happy with this solution

I've been thinking if I built a Red Corsairs force, I could use Primaris legs / torsos and Heretic helmets shoulder pads and backpacks ... if the weapon arms worked. Converting 30 - 40 models this way might be a bear though and I have to have those chainguns I saw last year. I know hiding lascannons might make more sense but those things just look cinematic.

That said though, as I dig into this Nightlords color scheme is sweet, and Cypher and the Fallen have a great story.

Oh I'm in no rush. I planned out mt Primaris color scheme after  waffling  researching for 3 months, and then about 3 more planning the core battleplan I wanted to build around. Finally started painting seriously after a year when an Escalation League started.

So yeah I can take a minute. :)  I need something that plays different than Raven Guard, but still with a plan that is mobile uses lots or power armor. I'm almost OCD whrn it comes to building DIY but I think going Chaos I want to find something that is canon and really grabs me with a combination of its color scheme and story. It'll be a slow build.