Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2k Competitive

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,037 posts

Thoughts on this, lads: 

(Batt + Heavy detach)

Captain - TH, Shield, JP

Astorath 

Phobos Captain - (QB?) (alternative is a jump Chap with Icon)

2x 5 Scouts

2x 5 Intercessors - (stalkers/rifles/auto?)

10x VanGuard Vets - 5fists, 10 shields, JP

8x DC - Hammer, 3fists

5x Sang Guard - fists

5x Rievers- grapples

2x Contemptor Mortis Dreads- quad las

3x Vindicators 

Idea is to have enough resilient shooting to support the key fighting elements.  Going second I dont expect to keep all 3 vindies- but the fact theyre T8  means theyre a little more resilient than usual.  And fire magnets.  If im going first, the Linebreaker strat is just disgusting.  

Thoughts? 

Gamist, cheesy, beardy or broken; If Games Workshop put it in the book I'll gladly play against it, or with it. - Mort
"Use soft words and hard arguments." (Henry George Bohn [1796-1884].)

There is no harm in, on occasion, having disagreements. It's another thing entirely, however, to be a tool in conveying that disagreement.

"OP: The term used by players to describe a combination of yours they are personally unable to beat"

Collection of Battle Reports
Corbulo Tactica

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,345 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Low CP is a concern and I imagine this plays like a typical Necron triple croissant list in that you also need something else in the tank for when your gimmick fails? If so, are we just looking at heavy second wave and initial board control?

• Morticon likes this

gallery_62972_14467_5178.jpggallery_62972_14467_1351.jpggallery_48988_15094_4929.pnggallery_62972_14467_2702.jpggallery_48988_15094_2403.pnggallery_62972_14467_4151.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

Blogs Blood Angels | Veritas Vitae | Battle Reports | Terrain | IXth Legion | Miscellaneous Imperials
1000 Scout list W:0 D:0 L:0
1250 Death Company List (jump) W:0 D:0 L:0
1500 Light Mech List W:0 D:0 L:1 Dreadnought List W:2 D:0 L:1
1750 Hybrid List W:0 D:0 L:0
1850 Death Company List (mech) W:0 D:0 L:0
2000 Heavy Mech List W:0 D:0 L:1 Two Towers List W:0 D:0 L:0
Apocalypse W:1 D:0 L:0 | Heresy 2500 Mechanised IXth W:2 D:1 L:0

tychobi

tychobi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 601 posts
Strong list. Vindicators have the issue of being kited but that strat Linebreaker Bombardment says nothing about advancing or even working if the other two have already fired. Unless I am missing something. Good balance of shooting, assault, and midfield resilience. I would expect speedy horde melee armies to be a hard matchup for you.(genestealer slingshot, da jumpin orks, chaos darkmatter bombs, ect). If they can swamp your armor before you drop you might be in trouble.

For the options I would phobos capt and rifles. Omniscrambler is a hard counter for so many threats that could silence your big guns.

Good luck!

Kill Maim Destroy

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,037 posts

Strong list. Vindicators have the issue of being kited but that strat Linebreaker Bombardment says nothing about advancing or even working if the other two have already fired. Unless I am missing something.

Sadly it uses the plural for vincator(s) not firing -so theres a no go.  But, you're right about advancing.  I fully intend using that - maybe even with the overcharged engines.  Also smoke.

Good balance of shooting, assault, and midfield resilience. I would expect speedy horde melee armies to be a hard matchup for you.(genestealer slingshot, da jumpin orks, chaos darkmatter bombs, ect). If they can swamp your armor before you drop you might be in trouble.

For the options I would phobos capt and rifles. Omniscrambler is a hard counter for so many threats that could silence your big guns.

Good call

Good luck!

Gamist, cheesy, beardy or broken; If Games Workshop put it in the book I'll gladly play against it, or with it. - Mort

There is no harm in, on occasion, having disagreements. It's another thing entirely, however, to be a tool in conveying that disagreement.

"OP: The term used by players to describe a combination of yours they are personally unable to beat"

Corbulo Tactica

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,037 posts

Low CP is a concern and I imagine this plays like a typical Necron triple croissant list in that you also need something else in the tank for when your gimmick fails? If so, are we just looking at heavy second wave and initial board control?

Totally a concern for me too. I think Id only start with 7.   Which makes shenanigans tough. 

Corbulo Tactica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users