Warbringer sub classes

Or the sonic destructor:

99560108145_MechanicumOrdinatusUlator_01

Or the darkfire cannon:

99590108130_CastellaxBattleAutomataDarkf

I love the idea of little Mechanicum tanks trailing it collecting data and magos' wriggling their mechadentrites in glee. I could even see 3d printing or converting things like this for custom missions.

Oh man, I completely forgot about the big sonic gun! Does anyone actually have a scale for it? If it’s the same size as a volcano canon, I have a conversion project.

A big dark fire gun would be interesting... I might build that into an arm weapon or something

There’s a simple low poly Epic version on Thingiverse but it’s not detailed enough to print for the back of a Warbringer. I think I still have an extra Shadowsword weapon sprue somewhere I might be able to use as a base for a big energy cannon, it might be about the right size to start. An IG Earthshaker is probably too big. Edited by Fajita Fan

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to figure out a non-Nemesis version of the Warbringer - considering the Nemesis designation indicates a Titan that's been modified to carry a heavier-scale weapon, reverse engineering it to what I'd presume to be the 'standard' Warbringer Battle Titan seems a fun project.

I'm still pondering what armaments would be appropriate to make it less over-gunned than the Nemesis but still a power level above the Reaver - swapping the carapace Volcano/Quake for a pair of Warhound-grade weapons would work but seems kinda boring, but another option I've been toying with is redesigning the carapace and arms to mount 4 Warhound-grade weapons. Maybe I just like the visual of a Warbringer armed with 4 dual turbolasers, but re-engineering the front armour to make it more aggressive looking, shifting its role to more of a brawler (given the shorter range of most Warhound weapons) might be cool.

I had much the same thought process, though my conclusion was that the non-Nemesis Warbringer could have a role as a marauding gunboat. My vision is:

• Mounting four Reaver-weight weapons, I'd keep the no-melee arm restriction (leaving design space for the Reaver).
  • The carapace weapons would not be paired – giving flexibility, but reducing the effectiveness of First Fire to encourage the Warbringer to keep mobile.
  • The carapace weapons would have a 90 degree arc, allowing it better options in-close than a Warlord, but not as reliable as a Reaver.
  • I'd bump the speed up by an inch, and drop a point of armour on the legs, body and head.
  • Carapace weapon options: Missile Launchers, Warp Missiles, Vulcan Mega-bolters, and Turbo-lasers.
  • Arm options: Gatling blasters, Turbo-lasers, Laser blasters, Melta cannon, Volcano cannon, and I'd introduce a new mid-weight plasma weapon option.

+++

The kit's is just ripe for conversion... really very tempted to get a second to try it out.

I looked up what you're talking about and that's a starship class nova cannon, that we don't need.  The Ordinatus Sagittar is a Warlord volcano cannon and the Ulator is a sonic cannon that could scaled in game, I'd just love to see a slew of experimental scaled up 40k weapons.  The Godhammer pattern lascannon is the dual turret on a Landraider, a Titanhammer lascannon would be...?  Plasma mortar would be pretty [puts on sunglasses] hot.*

*This terrible pun brought to you by coronavirus

I dunno, it could be fun as a narrative option perhaps? One side is trying to charge Oberon, the other trying to stop them. Then treat it as a stratagem from turn X onwards?

But I agree, standard ordinatus could be fun. I'm surprised noone has built them, considering how many imperator attempts exist.

The Forgeworld models are Ordanitus minoris afaik, "just" Titan scaled guns on tracks, Oberon and the classic Epic Ordanatus are Majoris versions, with unique, more powerful weaponry. 

The Mega Gargant was pretty shot up by that point too, though its harder to see in the animation :) 

Ordered a Warbringer, I know I have one more Warlord powerfist unassembled but I need to see if I have another to make a melee I'll call the Praelia [fighter] Warbringer. There's no rules for it so it'll be a custom piece, probably for my traitors as a New Mechanicus test platform for what Khorne finds most pleasing... :furious:

Ordered a Warbringer, I know I have one more Warlord powerfist unassembled but I need to see if I have another to make a melee I'll call the Praelia [fighter] Warbringer. There's no rules for it so it'll be a custom piece, probably for my traitors as a New Mechanicus test platform for what Khorne finds most pleasing... :furious:

The strict rules are overrated ;)

I've got a Reaver with a Laser Blaster on the roof, even though that's not strictly legal.