Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2k "immortal leviathan" list

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

TitanLord17

TitanLord17

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts

I've had this idea for a pure black legion list and I was curious as to what other people think of it. I don't play in a really competitive scene and we use a lot of troops usually. the meta of my gaming area is mostly marines with the one nid player and occasionally an eldar/necron player plays. 

Battalion 1

abaddon (warlord)

Dark Apostle with friends (khorne, benediction of darkness, trait: Trusted war leader)

3x 10 chaos marines (slaanesh, 2 chaincannons, champion:boltgun, powerfist)

Leviathan dread (2 butcher cannon arrays, all 4 marks) 

Battalion 2

Chaos lord (khorne, thunder hammer, plasma pistol, sightlesshelm)

Dark Apostle with friends (khorne, omen of potency)

3x 10 chaos marines (slaanesh, 2 chaincannons, champion:boltgun, powerfist)

Supreme command

Sorcerer (nurgle, stave, miasma, prescience)

sorcerer (slaanesh, stave, delightful agonies, diabolic strength)

socerer (tzeentch, stave, weaver of fates, death hex, warptime, trait: arch sorcerer)

111PL,2000pts,14CP

Idea of the list is to buff the leviathan so it's -2 to hit with a 4++/5+++. I can also give it +1 to hit so it's still hitting on 2s even when moving. The marines are the meat shield to the leviathan and will deal with any hordes that may threaten it's shooting. abaddona gives rerolls and moral auto pass to the marines and one of the dark apostles gives them all a 5++. the leviathan will hurt a lot of vehicles and the chaos lord is there to smash things (abaddon can also join in if needed). Because I have so many marines, I can leave a squad or 2 on a back obj or make them advance to try and get a forward one (won't be able to shoot the chaincannons but the bolters can). 

Just Alexis

Just Alexis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 82 posts
  • Faction: CSM, Dark Angels and Sisters.

Leviathan can only ever have 1 mark of chaos... you can not give a unit more than 1 mark of chaos at a time, Abaddon is the only model that has more than 1 mark of chaos as he is a named character with that rule.

Part of Rotorua Wargaming Club in New Zealand.

Legion of the Faithless Rose [2000pts ITC]

TitanLord17

TitanLord17

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts

Leviathan can only ever have 1 mark of chaos... you can not give a unit more than 1 mark of chaos at a time, Abaddon is the only model that has more than 1 mark of chaos as he is a named character with that rule.

As black legion there's a stratagem to give a unit all 4 marks of chaos, sorry I forgot to mention it.

Just Alexis

Just Alexis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 82 posts
  • Faction: CSM, Dark Angels and Sisters.

Oh nice, forgot about Chosen of the Pantheon haha.

It is only til the start of your next turn so will be alot of CP.

Edited by Just Alexis, 09 April 2020 - 10:18 PM.

Part of Rotorua Wargaming Club in New Zealand.

Legion of the Faithless Rose [2000pts ITC]

DaisyDuke

DaisyDuke

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 58 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords
Why not six squads of 5 for extra combi on champs?

Verbal Underbelly

Verbal Underbelly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 257 posts

Are you able to cast all those spells on a HELBRUTE model?

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,001 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

I think the list would be better if you ditched the three sorcs and got a second levi, made them both for melee instead. Butcher levi isn't worth it IMO, contemptor is way cheaper if you want to gunboat. Melee Levi's can scrap knights in CC. If you don't have enough pts after scrapping the sorc's, re-shuffle/ cut some of the CSM's, make some MSU and combi weapon instead of fist etc. You could change out a DA for warpsmith to rep the levi's, though the double 5++ bubbles would be needed as you are foot slogging it. 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users