Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The VIIth Grand Battalion [IG 2020]

Iron Warriors

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Llagos_Tyrant

Llagos_Tyrant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 321 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Warband:
The VIIth Grand Battalion

49699276732_749089c033_z.jpg

Standard Observed Colours

IMPERIAL DATALOG: THE VIIth GRAND BATTALION

GENE-SEED (LEGION): ........... IVth LEGION - IRON WARRIORS 
SUSPECTED FOUNDING: ........ ORIGINAL LEGION ELEMENT [M.30] 
LEGION HOMEWORLD: .......... OLYMPIA [Former/Des.], MEDRENGARD

WARBAND NAME: .............. THE VIIth GRAND BATTALION
IDENTIFIED LEADERSHIP: ..... THE TRIUMVIRATE [IDENTIFICATION PENDING]
THREAT GRADE: .............. ALPHA EXTREMIS
HOLDINGS: .................. LLAGOS SECTOR [ULTIMA SEGMENTUM]
BASE OF OPERATIONS: ........ KHARDERAS PRIME [SUSPECTED]

KNOWN ALLIES: .............. THE BLOODIED CHOIR [VIII LEGION],
............................ THE CRYPT OF THE PALE GUARD [XV LEGION]
SUSPECTED ALLIES: .......... UNIDENTIFIED ELEMENTS OF XII LEGION,
............................ UNIDENTIFIED ELEMENTS OF XVI LEGION,
............................ UNIDENTIFIED ELEMENTS OF XX LEGION

NOTATION: Long before the VIIth Grand Battalion declared their dominion over the Llagos Sector on the Eastern Fringe, references to a VIIth Grand Battalion of the IVth Legion are recorded in multiple incident and combat reports in Imperial records, dating back to at least M34. Based on these, the power of this specific heretic warband has waxed and waned over the past several millenia. However, I suspect that they have never been so dangerous than the present threat they represent to His Imperium.

Although the extent of their direct control over the Llagos Sector is unclear, what they do not garrison is nonetheless beyond Imperial control. In some cases, this is because other Heretic Astartes have claimed worlds as their own - part of what appears to be an alliance of traitors and murderers who have declared themselves the Tyrants of Llagos, which I have identified where possible. In other cases, worlds have fallen into anarchy, or to the many others that beset His realm. May He watch over the faithful in this, their hour of need.
- Inquisitor Ramhost

ADDENDUM: Further research by my agents into the VIIth Grand Battalion have failed to identify the warband's leadership, but have still procured valuable information ahead of the Imperial reconquest - whenever the forces are gathered. I admit, I was expecting another titular warlord, but it appears that the VIIth are led by a group of individuals who are referred to as a Triumvirate. Their exact identities are unknown, but the information relayed suggests that each of these three traitors have warred on His Imperium since the time of the Horus Heresy. I find it hard to believe that such ancient warriors could still haunt us, but must admit that this possibility gives me more cause for dread than the size of their present holdings and armies. I have read what little information is available on the Heresy, at least that which I am privy to. On what fields of that bloody struggle did they battle? Did they fire upon Holy Terra itself in their war aginst Him? How many wars have they fought since those ancient times? How many of His servants have they bled and slain? To liberate the faitfhul, we must overcome these ancient evils?
- Inquisitor Ramhost (Note: Executed for Cowardice in the Line of Duty, by order of Inquisitor Grace Magellan.)

PLACEHOLDER

PLACEHOLDER

PLACEHOLDER

TBD

Edited by Llagos_Tyrant, 26 March 2020 - 02:12 AM.

• Gederas and Brother Ezra like this

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_15808_13455.pnggallery_48988_15094_4883.png

Hobby on Instagram at @GrimDarkHobby

Llagos_Tyrant

Llagos_Tyrant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 321 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

There's more to be added and fleshed out, but these Iron Warriors have a long history, stretching back to being my first real, and still main, army on the tabletop. I've written about them in FanFic on here before, and that history has really helped to flesh them out, and loads of other groups, factions and individuals that have fought with and against them that have really made the 40k universe an incredible place for me to let my imagination and creativity run wild.

They've gone through a lot of iteration of ideas, but I'm excited to bring the current vision of them to the Liber.

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_15808_13455.pnggallery_48988_15094_4883.png

Hobby on Instagram at @GrimDarkHobby

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,146 posts

Always excited to see some Iron Warriors. What you have so far looks promising :yes:

Brother Ezra

Brother Ezra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

Looking forward to seeing this develop yes.gif

Lysimachus

Lysimachus

++ LUMINARCHUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,133 posts
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant
This looks like a good start, I like the idea of IW operating and fortifying worlds outside the EoT/Rift. While in more normal circumstances the Imperium's response would be swift and harsh, in the present you could end up being there for quite some time as the loyalists are simply too busy with bigger threats in more important areas!

I also like your way of presenting the opening bit as research, although I might change the character to be some kind of acolyte/Inquisitorial scribe/archivist, simply because if someone has gotten to the point of being appointed as a full Inquisitor they are a pretty hard bitten type who has seen all manner of nasty stuff, and it's a bit difficult to believe he'd be executed for cowardice?

Anyway, nice start, looking forward to more!

UtariOnzo

UtariOnzo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 226 posts

Very cool start, looking forward to more

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,690 posts
  • Faction: Sons Of Doom,Vanquishers

A good baseline to build from here. I'm a little tickles by the fact they are the VIIth Battalion, a fun irony considering their most hated foe are the VIIth Legion. ;)

I expect that as this is built up, we'll read further about how the Battalion has maintained control of its regions and its exploits in ensuring a constant source of supply and flesh for their forges etc?

Cambrius

gallery_26154_15777_7413.png sml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pngjHkptLG.png]gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_48988_10069_2782.png gallery_48988_11572_5225.pnggallery_48988_15094_6223.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Iron Warriors

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users