Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

BA 1750 Competive?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Dranoel

Dranoel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts

Hi Guys!

I have created this list and would be happy if you could say something about it. I mainly play against, Orcs, SM (Ultramarines), CSM (Death Guard, "Normal CSM") and soon also against Tau.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) [39 PL, 3CP, 712pts] ++

**CHAPTER**: Blood Angels

+ Stratagems +

Armoury of Baal [-3CP]: 2 Additional Relics

+ HQ +

Captain [6 PL, -2CP, 143pts]: 5. Gift of Foresight, Death Visions of Sanguinius, Hero of The Chapter, Jump Pack, Storm shield, The Angel's Wing (replaces jump pack), Thunder hammer

Librarian Dreadnought [9 PL, 142pts]: 2. Unleash Rage, 6. Wings of Sanguinus, Biomantic Sarcophagus, Furioso fist, Storm bolter

+ Troops +

Scout Squad [4 PL, 55pts]
. Scout: Combat knife
. Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Chainsword

+ Elites +

Invictor Tactical Warsuit [6 PL, 131pts]: Fragstorm grenade launcher, Heavy bolter, Incendium cannon, 2x Ironhail heavy stubber

Invictor Tactical Warsuit [6 PL, 131pts]: Fragstorm grenade launcher, Heavy bolter, Incendium cannon, 2x Ironhail heavy stubber

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) [77 PL, 5CP, 1,038pts] ++

**CHAPTER**: Blood Angels

+ HQ +

Lemartes [5 PL, 100pts]: 4. Mantra of Strength, Invocation of Destruction

Sanguinary Priest [4 PL, 70pts]: Bolt pistol, Chainsword, Jump Pack

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 85pts]: Bolt rifle, 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 85pts]: Bolt rifle, 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant

+ Elites +

Death Company [27 PL, 318pts]: Jump Pack
. Death Company Marine
. . Bolt pistol and chainsword
. Death Company Marine
. Death Company Marine
. Death Company Marine
. Death Company Marine
. Death Company Marine
. Death Company Marine
. Death Company Marine
. Death Company Marine
. Death Company Marine
. Death Company Marine
. Death Company Marine
. Death Company Marine: Thunder hammer

Sanguinary Ancient [6 PL, 64pts]: 2. Artisan of War, Angelus boltgun, Power fist, Standard of Sacrifice, Warlord

Sanguinary Guard [20 PL, 231pts]
. Sanguinary Guard: Angelus boltgun, Power fist
. Sanguinary Guard: Angelus boltgun, Encarmine sword

++ Total: [116 PL, 8CP, 1,750pts] ++

I want to play this list quite aggressively. The warsuits are placed as directly as possible in front of the opponent, the DC is also sent directly to the front with forlorn fury + Lemartes with Upon wings of Fire. The SG + Ancient should appear in T2. How do you like the list? I have something to consider that I am too dependent on making the first move ....

Do you think I've spent too many CPs? Are three relics too many?

Would you change anything? I am glad about every feedback.

Thank you in advance! 

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,784 posts
It looks a good list although if you could squeeze in an extra SG or two it might help. I like running mine at full strength but I realise the rest of your list is pretty lean so I don't think there is much fat to trim there.

One thing I would suggest is replacing the 3 THs on the Death Company with 5 Power Fists. This will do slightly more damage against large targets like vehicles as 5xD3 > 3x3. But it will do a lot more damage against MEQs where the greater number of attacks will make a big difference. Lastly, it will allow those DC to carry bolters as well (every shot helps).

I have to say that since we pay a surcharge for our 3rd relic, I would reluctantly drop the Biomantic Saracophagus. Those 2 extra CPs will often be needed to pump up Smash.

Lastly, I would consider making the Sanguinary Guard with Sword your Warlord instead of the Sanguinary Ancient. Although it means one less Warlord Trait, it means that the squad will always benefit from full rerolls, even if the Ancient dies or fails his charge roll.
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Dranoel

Dranoel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts

"Lastly, I would consider making the Sanguinary Guard with Sword your Warlord instead of the Sanguinary Ancient. Although it means one less Warlord Trait, it means that the squad will always benefit from full rerolls, even if the Ancient dies or fails his charge roll."

Sorry I don't quite understand the part ... How can I make the SG a warlord? Or do you think you would give the Ancient a sword instead of the fist?

Edited by Dranoel, 27 March 2020 - 08:56 AM.

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,784 posts
You do not have to make a Character your warlord. Most people do because that is what unlocks you a Warlord trait but it is perfectly legal to have a squad member as your warlord.

I have done this with my SG on a few occasions as it works really well. You lose a WL trait but you can bake full rerolls into the squad.
  • Dranoel likes this
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users