The Ascendant Eyes
Originate from the Cult of Knowledge/Corvidae, Order of Blindness, 9th Fellowship
Specialized on intelligence operations, assassinations etc.
More sinister threat compared to big marching armies, consider devils deal.
Goes to isolated imperial outposts, offers aid from threat then starts taking from them
Let me share with you the terrible wonders I have come to know… - Magister Mithras the Bonewhisperer, Bringer of Wishes
To fight the abyss, one must know it… - Inquisitor Felecia, Ordo Hereticus
- Mithras fought in the Great Crusade in the 9th Fellowship, rising up the ranks due to keen mind and psychic prowess
- Eventually gains command of a Circle (Company) and is sent to aid Word Bearers 47th Company alongside House Dorian
- During tenure with Word Bearers, gain allies in Captain Uhr and discover tales of the Tanin, ancient creatures that roamed the X sector and is said to gift wishes
- Circle is called back to Prospero before they can launch expedition to x space.
- Burning Of Prospero happens
- Mithras then left with the remains of his circle, attacking/corrupting worlds that had been conquered by the Space WOlves in an act of vengeance and sorrow
- He was joined Ahrimans’ Cabal and helped perform the Rubric, being exiled with many other sorcerers and afterwards, remained a part of the Brotherhood of Dust
- Mithras then began building his network of spies and allies, using the skills he learned in the Great Crusade to locate the Tanin and discover their powers.
- Mithras went dark after Amons’ death at Ahrimans’ hand, angered by his mentors’ loss since he was far away
- SIDEBAR: The Tanin were once a proud ancient race of xenos who Tzeentch cursed. Gave them the power to make wishes but only at the behest of others so would have to twist peoples wishes in order to benefit themselves. Even death could not escape the curse as their souls were attached to their bones. Only utter annihilation could save them. Those who lived on became parasites, siphoning users from what wishes they make.
- Reunites with Uhr, now a diabolist, and raid the Tanin, slaughtering them with their own magic and using their bones to boost their own potential.
- Mithras now leads the Cabal in the hunt for more artifacts, using his network to bring them in and also bring down the Imperium he tried to protect
Lorgar and Magnus, they are not so different. Both seek to find the answers to the universe. Both seek to bring enlightenment to the galaxy. The only difference is the paths they walk. - Diabolist Uhr
- Cabal now seeks to show the Imperium the sorrow he felt when Prospero fell
- SIDEBAR: Echoes of Sorrow is a cult formed by Mithras to draw in unfortunate souls from Imperial Society, promising rebirth, strength and evolution in a dark galaxy. Group spreads cult across the gaalxy but also tries to forge daemon weapons and armour of their own.
- Promising psychics are taken from the ranks and file from cults and trained into the Ascendant Eyes’ ambassadors
- Heavy mistrust of Magnus and Ahriman due to previous actions though
So, I'll be adding more to these guys when I'm in the mood for this but any points or questions are always welcome