Ordo Sinister

In my headcanon the God-Engines that the Emperor demanded of the Mechanicum to be turned into these abominations were delivered to Him as basically factory zero copies. Thus I painted mine with just Abaddon black armor plates with brass trim to be basically like the original Ford Model-T cars (they were painted black for the simple reason that the black paint they used dried faster than all the other colors). I then highlighted the black with Eshin grey followed by Dawnstone.

I'm using Turbodork green->black color shifting paint brushed on over gloss black primer.Ā  I used a couple of extra Warlord panels with some brush on Vallejo gloss black then just slapped about 4 layers of the paint on there and I kinda like it.Ā  It's not as dramatic a green->black as I hoped but that may be a function of either not enough layers yet or using a brush instead of an airbrush.Ā  For the real plates I have a can of gloss black primer to use for my plates and a can of shiny aluminum for the exoskeleton instead of Leadbelcher as they were brand new off the line.

Ā 

I'm also using a white oil Sharpie to do little squiggles for runes because my brushwork with white paint will look awful.Ā  I'm also going to test using heavily thinned contrast blue (like Talisar) to give the white a tint.Ā  I don't have the pieces with me at work but I'll make a video of it when I get home.Ā  I also plan to use bronze as the trim and verdigris it down.

Edited by Fajita Fan

Not sure on mine yet, but I've been toying with the idea of utilizing deep purple and nebulae like shapes to hammer home that it's something weird, a break from my legio colours and a new thing to try out. Maybe. Not sure if it gets too colourful with the red right hand of a wrathful god.

I'm waiting for some Scale 75 Black Forest Green to use as the basecoat, and will then darken it up with washes/glazes/inks/filters to see what it looks like Going to practice on some of the many spare armour panels i have built up.Ā 

Ā 

On a side note what are people doing about transfers, or the lions head symbol? I have a few ideas but not entirely certain yet.

I've done something similar, but based on a pair of Bloodthirster heads I had ordered from a bitz shop years ago (for reasons long forgotten). This is sort of a before and after pic, though I've now done most of the GS work on both.

Ā 

49665599512_a949d31463_k.jpg

Ā 

Green stuff isn't too hard to work with. I'm glad I had a base model with teeth, unlike Sherrypie's. That would be tough to do. Hair is easy but it took a while to get the nose right. And getting two the same was a real challenge. I still want to put a T symbol on the lion's foreheads and a few other things. More spikes are needed around the curved bit at the top.

Ā 

I'm also mucking about with the armour panels, borrowing some aesthetics from Custodians, in the form of actual bits of custodians. Lately I've been painting titans for my vow though so haven't worked on this thing for a few days.

Ā 

In terms of painting I plan to go for more or less the "official" scheme. But I'll make mine look shiny and new, like it's just stepped out of its subterranean base. I'll paint some sky/earth reflective type stuff on the armour plates I think.

Teeth are definitely the hardest thing to sculpt with a head like that. That said, it took me a while to grasp why there was something that seemed strange in Mandragola's version: you have no pronounced corner teeth in that mouth (yet, at least?) whereas lions, like many other felines, have four very distinctive fangs in their mouth.

Edited by Sherrypie

Anyone know why the decision to make the right hand weapon red? I canā€™t see any reference to it in the existing stories, wondering if Iā€™d missed something. Iā€™m not that sure I like having just one weapon in a very different colour scheme, but want to maintain Canon!

Today i made some progress with my Psi-Worlord.

Ā 

I modified the armour of the laser blasters and one knee cap

http://hosting.photobucket.com/images/x120/DarkBjoern/4/Ordo%20Sinister%20WIP%2003.JPG
http://hosting.photobucket.com/images/x120/DarkBjoern/4/Ordo%20Sinister%20WIP%2006.JPG
http://hosting.photobucket.com/images/x120/DarkBjoern/4/Ordo%20Sinister%20WIP%2005.JPG
http://hosting.photobucket.com/images/x120/DarkBjoern/4/Ordo%20Sinister%20WIP%2004.JPG
http://hosting.photobucket.com/images/x120/DarkBjoern/4/Ordo%20Sinister%20WIP%2007.JPG

Anyone know why the decision to make the right hand weapon red? I canā€™t see any reference to it in the existing stories, wondering if Iā€™d missed something. Iā€™m not that sure I like having just one weapon in a very different colour scheme, but want to maintain Canon!

Wondered this myself, it almost looks like something they grabbed off another model for a last minute photo session because they didnā€™t have time to paint one to match the rest of the armor. Really odd and no, I looked too and couldnā€™t find anything about it.

Pretty sure the red hand is just because of the song.

Ā 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/RrxePKps87k

Ā 

Mine's going to have a sunfury... which will still have red panels.

Ā 

How did you do those eagles on the lasers there Dark Bjorn? They look great.

Ā 

That are Custodes Terminator shoulder pads. Inspired by your conversion i looked through my bits box and here they are.

Do you get extra? I have a whole Custodes army on the sprue, the only thing Iā€™ve built is one of my three Telemons. Iā€™d hate to loot my Custodes only to discover theyā€™ll walk around looking like idiots.

Alongside the Left Hand of Darkness, they have the Red Right Hand (of the vengeful God) because of Milton's Paradise Lost.

Ā 

"What if the breath that kindled those grim fires,
Awaked, should blow them into sevenfold rage,
And plunge us in the flames; or from above
Should intermitted vengeance arm again
His red right hand to plague us?"

Ā 

- Paradise Lost, book II (1674)

Edited by Sherrypie

All of these seem like good enough reasons! Iā€™m about to start painting my own, so I shall give it a go and see if I can find a red I like the look of, or figure out where else I can add red as a spot colour so it doesnā€™t look so out of place. Maybe some red cabling here and there!