Mixed Death Guard/ Nurgle Daemons

Wolf Lord Loki

I've said when the virus is over and I finally get to play a mate of mine, I will bring my daemons.

We are planning a few linked games in a narrative culminating in a massive battle.

For the next game I have said I will bring a contingent of my daemons

I have most of the Character Hq types, 20 plague bearers, 6 blight drones and about 7 bases of nurglings.

If I take a patrol of daemons how many of which type would you recommend and what would be good to pair from the Death Guard codex?

Bearing in mind this is thematic more than competitive (but I lost the last game!)

I regularly run nurgle demons alongside my DG and really like it.

I always run a battalion with 2 poxbringers and either 30 plaguebearers and 2x nurgling squads. Or just 3 nurgling squads for a cheap battalion.

Nurglings and poxbringers are probably the best to bring alongside your DG. They give board control (nurglings) and access to good demon strats and handy pyschic powers.

I place nurglings to either screen for a DP moving up the board. Or a cloud of flies unit to advance up the board.

• 2 weeks later...

Daemon Engines, they are so good for Deathguard, even we lack Warpsmiths etc. Plagueburst Crawlers are solid choice. Bloat drones too. But one of my staples are trio of Blight Haulers. Its expensive but moving cover, better ballstic and good all around weapons to tackle pretty much anything. Luckily Daemons are pretty cheap. you can take easily hordes of Plague Bearers and nurglings. having good and cheap HQ's to buff them you can easily use daemons to hold entire table quarters without allowing them to deep strike or claiming objects without concentrating on your daemons, which leaves then your Deathguard daemon engines wrecking havock.

Currently some of the best Daemon vehicles for Deathguard are:

Plague Burst crawler, t8, 3+ /5++ and Disgustingly Reslilient. Just take the plague spewers move and kill. Take the mortar as suppliment weapon, just don't expect it to kill much. Worst thing you can do is sit back and try to hit with it ;)

Blight Drones:

Fast, T7 3+/ 5++ and DR. Currently best and most expensive choice is dual plague spewer. Flesh Mower is nice too just bit situational.

Blight Haulers. T7 3+/ 5++ and DR. trio of them will cost arm and leg but each having multimelta and missile launcher with Krak / Frags its good allaround weapon. Observing moving cover, just to annoy your opponent and improved Ballistics when having three.

Helbrutes. T7 3+ nothaving 5++ and Dr makes it squishier. But is cheap, benefit from inexorable advance I usually run at least one with twin Lascannon and Missile launcher. Deathguard really lacks long range atnti-tanks outside tanks but Helbrutes fix it nicely.

What to choose? Look your list, see what you are lacking. Death Guard vehicles and daemon engines are pretty solid although they are often tooled for short / medium range combat.