Amateur writer says hello!

wammnebu

Hi there

I was just recently added to the Forum, and Im happpy to finally be a part of the group. I first learned about Bolter and Chainsword through The Dornian Heresy, which I actually read before I read any official Black Library books.

Were I in a more permanent location, I would be building my AdMech army, but given all the current chaos I am currentlly going to have to stick with writing and drawing. Though I am very much an amateur at both, I plan to continue on my Alternate History project, and anything else that comes to mind.

Are their any forums I should be looking at? Particularly tips or advice when it comes to drawing, sketching, or writing in warhammer? Or just really good examples.

Welcome fellow scribbler!

You have a deep immersion into this forum and the subject already with the Dornian Heresy!  We have amongst our members many writers and artists with links to their own blogs as well as a repository of work within these hallowed walls.  I am certain other Frater will be along shortly to direct you in more detail, but for now, welcome and I urge you to do some flexing of your creative muscles on this board as soon as you are comfortably seated!

MR.

Welcome aboard :smile.: If you want to flex your pen muscles, the Liber is the place to start :thumbsup:

Neat, ill take a look at some of the works there. It seems like a neat collection.

Are their any writing advice threads? Or maybe even writing complaint forums (things like, i hate when warhammer writers do x), i could learn from.

Welcome fellow scribbler!

You have a deep immersion into this forum and the subject already with the Dornian Heresy!  We have amongst our members many writers and artists with links to their own blogs as well as a repository of work within these hallowed walls.  I am certain other Frater will be along shortly to direct you in more detail, but for now, welcome and I urge you to do some flexing of your creative muscles on this board as soon as you are comfortably seated!

MR.

Thank you for the welcome!

What sort of work do you usually write scribbler?

Ah, you will find one or two threads here with a slight vent due to BL writing!

Mostly in the threads WarriorFish posted above.  I would recommend skimming them when you have the time.

I would also send you to the haunt of some fine prose-pushers in the Liber Fan-Fiction Forum,  which should provide some food for thought and coax the 40k from your soul.  There are advice/discussion threads lurking there which may prove useful to you.

Don't be afraid to ask questions or shout up for help.  We have many Frater here who are quite knowledgeable and experienced.

Enjoy your time at the B'n'C and may your projects be fruitful! :thumbsup:

MR.

(At the moment, personally speaking, I am working on  two  (three!) "non-compliant for this forum" sci-fi projects, which may not be named or entertained here!  :wink: Besides Grimdark 40k, what's your poison?)

Ah, you will find one or two threads here with a slight vent due to BL writing!

Mostly in the threads WarriorFish posted above.  I would recommend skimming them when you have the time.

I would also send you to the haunt of some fine prose-pushers in the Liber Fan-Fiction Forum,  which should provide some food for thought and coax the 40k from your soul.  There are advice/discussion threads lurking there which may prove useful to you.

Don't be afraid to ask questions or shout up for help.  We have many Frater here who are quite knowledgeable and experienced.

Enjoy your time at the B'n'C and may your projects be fruitful! :tu:

MR.

(At the moment, personally speaking, I am working on  two  (three!) "non-compliant for this forum" sci-fi projects, which may not be named or entertained here!  ;) Besides Grimdark 40k, what's your poison?)

I like sci fi a lot as well, particularly PKD, Philip Jose Farmer, and Olaf Stapleton. So that project is really cool!

Outside of Scifi Im into late antiquity and medieval history. Especially Central Asia.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...