Which Chapter am I?

Hello Gals and Guys,

I've been having dark thoughts as of late, thoughts that would have take the heretical path of creating a loyalist (scum) space marine army.

I am having problems with choosing a chapter and the blandness of primaris marines kind of is a turn off but what the hell, try and convince me to join your banner!

My 1st army was 3,5 Deathguard, then Imperial Guard and now have also Necrons - I tend to like balanced armies witha mix of CC and shooting so I guess my heart leans to Space Wolves, Raven guard and possibly flesh tearers?

Help me!

PL

If you want an even mix of shooting and CC, why not Ultramarines (*Zoidberg voice*)? Their supplement makes them truly flexible; their super doctrine makes them great for Bolter Discipline and heavy weapons and the Squad Doctrines Stratagem can make your stabby guys hit harder on any turn of the game.

RG is also a good shout for shooty and you can get them into CC more easily, but they lack the tools to make them more than average in CC over other supplements.

If you want an even mix of shooting and CC, why not Ultramarines (*Zoidberg voice*)? Their supplement makes them truly flexible; their super doctrine makes them great for Bolter Discipline and heavy weapons and the Squad Doctrines Stratagem can make your stabby guys hit harder on any turn of the game.

RG is also a good shout for shooty and you can get them into CC more easily, but they lack the tools to make them more than average in CC over other supplements.

Ultramarines I hate with a passion... I do however have like 2 sets of Minotaurs shoulder pads and the asterion Moloc model, that looks epic.

Did the minotaurs get rules updates with the rest of the chapters?

Ultramarines I hate with a passion... I do however have like 2 sets of Minotaurs shoulder pads and the asterion Moloc model, that looks epic.

Nothing Forge World has been updated ever outside of what's in the FAQ documents. Only Badab war chapter to get anything new is the Salamanders due to being first founding.

As an unknown primarch chapter, Minotaurs can use any marine chapter's rules. If you want to include a special Character like Moloc that means you have to be a sucessor and spend CP to get first founding relics.

If you wanna play sort of like the gribbly bois, Iron Hands are always a valid option. Army-wide FNP roll, insane everything, but I'm expecting them to get beaten over the head with the nerf bat just one more time because of complaints.

HOWEVER, if you want my personal opinion, go Wolves or Raven Guard. Wolves are getting their update, like, now, and they play differently than most Chapters just because they have so many units of their own. Raven Guard got their update with Iron Hands, and are nearly on their level, and have a bunch of cool things too. Also stealth and actually thinking before jumping into battle.

I never meant to suggest playing actual Ultramarines...just using their supplement rules with custom chapter tactics. You can easily include the Minotaurs characters, which have updated rules but not specific chapter tactics.