DarkApostle7's Word Bearers and other meddlings

I am back! (again)

After my last thread was rightfully purged by the inquisition for a lack of uploads and due to the increasing motivation isolation affords I feel its about time to have another crack at uploading the never-ending WIP of my Word Bearers force and sticking to it

most things ill upload will probably never be 'finished' but are close enough, only requiring a few tweaks

Alot of the brighter red armour eventually needs to be redone in the darker newer style but I dont yet have the heart to destroy my old efforts

First up is the Dark Apostle of the Chapter of the Broken Diadem, now the 6th host Daroqus

Daroqus 40k

Daroqus 40k side

Daroqus 40k rear

His 30k version prior to his fall to chaos

Daroqus 30k

Daroqus 30k side

Daroqus 30k rear

Both Versions compared

Daroqus 30k and 40k

Old converted version of Argel-Tal, contemplating the adding of his Custodes spear

Argel Tal

Melee Contemptor Dread, needs a chaos star adding on the left shoulder when I get superglue for the resin

Contemptor

Contemptor side

Contemptor rear

Captain Neskar of the 3rd company

30k captain

30k captain rear

30k captain side

Moritat Ahz-Tal

Ahz-Tal

Ahz-Tal rear

Ahz-Tal front

Terminator Command squad WIP may need a few tweaks to make it more Chaosy

command squad terminator

command squad terminator 2

Converted Leviathan Dread, also WIP

Leviathan Dread

Leviathan Dread side

Bloodthirster with a dead Ultra on its base

Bloodthirster

Bloodthirster rear

Bloodthirster base

Bloodthirster front

Daemon Knight 1, missile launcher and axe needs finishing as well as the base

Daemon Knight

Daemon Knight front

Daemon Knight  rear

Daemon Knight front 2

Currently I'm finishing up a Primaris into chosen squad conversion and a small Dark Mechanicum element

Work started on a renegade knight before the chaos kit came out, feel like it needs something extra on the carapace but I don't want something to look tacked-on

Traitor Knight

Traitor Knight top

Traitor Knight base

here's the first two of the Primaris Chosen roughly done, just need to remove the imperial iconography from the chest and work on fully converting some combi-plasma's for the rest of the squad

Chosen wip

Chosen wip 2

Thanks very much Doghouse

Finished the thunder hammer chosen squad

IMG 20200407 152838

The two most recent members of the squad

IMG 20200407 152950

squad Sergeant

IMG 20200407 153035

IMG 20200407 153012

Plasma pistol member

IMG 20200407 153043

IMG 20200407 153056

Also finished building the Dark Mechanicum force from the start collecting boxset

Skitarii

IMG 20200407 153616

IMG 20200407 153638

Corrupted Dunecrawler

IMG 20200407 153402

IMG 20200407 153410

IMG 20200407 153429

IMG 20200407 153437

started the first coat of the red on the Heretek's robes last night, sorry there's no WIP pics I forgot to take them :facepalm:

IMG 20200407 153241

IMG 20200407 153255

IMG 20200407 153310

hopefully today I can finish an old Typhus model, after that ill be working on the second Magos I've started

• 5 weeks later...

Apologies for the lack of updates, I have been hard at work at something surprisingly not heretical

Primarch Sanguinius 

IMG 20200507 134257

IMG 20200507 134317

IMG 20200507 134327

IMG 20200507 134337

IMG 20200507 134343

His spear, halo and unpainted head

IMG 20200507 134427

His wings

IMG 20200507 134401

Just waiting on a few paints to finish off his head, laurels and gems then his body is all done. Currently deciding on how to do the base as I feel my old technique for rock wont do him enough justice.

After this I plan on converting an Arch-Lord Discordant and eventually finishing the half-done Magos I got bored painting, as always C&C welcome

Sweet Word Bearer work in here!

Thanks very much!

Nice conversions so far. The levi conversion would look better if you could source a defiler mask/head to conceal the boxnaught head. 

Thanks for that suggestion, I did feel that something was off with the model, unfortunately my spare defiler head is sitting on the front of a champions bike, but I did manage to carve out this for a head

whilst I was at it I also added the flamers so its more WYSIWYG

IMG 20200508 155006

IMG 20200508 155023

Also finished converting the Helstalker, adding a choom machine to its tail and a big spike on the seat, the plan is to have the Lord Discordant walking alongside with a leash - like a very big and scary pet of death

IMG 20200508 155047

IMG 20200508 155114

IMG 20200508 155127

Thanks for the comments and as always C&C appreciated :happy.:

The use of that AoS khorne beasts head on the leviathan looks prefect.

I also like the idea of the helstalker being led around by something a fraction of its size. Shows the lord is pretty bad ass. Are you converting up the lords seated lower body to a standing one?

The use of that AoS khorne beasts head on the leviathan looks prefect.

I also like the idea of the helstalker being led around by something a fraction of its size. Shows the lord is pretty bad ass. Are you converting up the lords seated lower body to a standing one?

Cheers hushrong,I'm planning on using the legs from the Kurtha Sedd model with the backpack and bits from the lord discordent. I want him to look somewhat warpsmithy, a sort of mix between techpriest and beastmaster

Edited by DarkApostle7

I like that idea and look forward to seeing it! You are definitely onto something about the mix of warpsmith and a beast master since all of our daemon engines are possessed mechanical monsters.

Levi is looking better, I think you can go up one even better by getting a mk III head, cut/ file back the back of it and have it fit in the space. Looks like it would fit. If you can, you could try sculpting it like its straining out, with some oblit style shifting flesh. the skull you added would make a nice crown, some lighting halo effect when painting would look even better. 

Levi is looking better, I think you can go up one even better by getting a mk III head, cut/ file back the back of it and have it fit in the space. Looks like it would fit. If you can, you could try sculpting it like its straining out, with some oblit style shifting flesh. the skull you added would make a nice crown, some lighting halo effect when painting would look even better. 

Thanks Volt, I do actually have a new oblit set on order from GW, only time will tell when it arrives. Its a great suggestion and I think it would work really well, however since the Redemptor is the cheaper easy-to-build, the entire body is completely hollow. I contemplated cutting out the box coffin and replacing it with a spare Contemptor head but it would leave a large hole I'm not entirely confident in filling :sweat:

Regarding the Lord Discordant, its proved extremely tricky to work the chains in such a way as to look like the Helstalker is on a leash, this is on part due to the lack of space on the base and partly due to the fact that older marines just look puny

I compared the body I was going to use to the original discordant and a plague marine and they're both much bigger

IMG 20200511 184447

IMG 20200511 184615

So, instead the plan is to use the chaos champion from the Gorebeast chariot set and turn him into a warpsmith guy with a whip to control the Helstalker, this would also fit on the base much better as I don't have any larger ones available 

IMG 20200511 184639

IMG 20200511 184745

Again thanks for the comments and c&c always welcome!