Book hauls, bookshelves - post it all

theSpirea

And for those inclined, a closer look shelf-by-shelf. Marvel at my stealth copy of Corax! Peer at my second hand early books! Speculate which ones I listened to instead so only bought to pad out my shelves!

So I'm scanning the 3rd pic down and whats that i spy... holy *bleep*!!!!! The Crimson Fist... Prince of Crows... how I have struggled so very hard to lay my hands on those two little beauties!! Sir, you are indeed blessed with wisdom AND a glorious collection!

Eagle eyes there! My own holy grail was the Imperial Truth; the day the remainders went up on BL.com, my pay had been messed up that week and arrived late in the day, I had no funds in my account and I missed out on it at retail. I won’t say, largely because I’m too scared to remember, how much I ended up paying for it out of desperation on eBay...

Oh yes, I've never seen Prince of Crows for sale anywhere following is very limited run on the BL site and I mourn the day i decided to pass on it... there's one copy of Crimson Fist on ebay, but £80 keeps it from being anything other than a pipe dream for the mo.

Imperial Truth is a beauty... that and Seditions Gate, both had me salivating back in the day, something about their covers just captivated my imagination when all of his Heresy stuff was still quite new to me. I remember the mini influx of stock on the BL website, think it was early 2015 but I'm getting old and the noggin ain't what it used to be, so maybe it was 2016, but with the aid of my trusty credit card I managed to nab the Gold edition of Aurelian, The Purge & Brotherhood of the Storm... so much win in 3 very different stories :happy.:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Finally received my copy of the recent Ravenor LE and I have to say I'm very disappointed. The title is far from centered. This might be a small issue to some but for the money the BL is asking for these books I expect more. Heck, the $20 leather-bound Barnes & Noble editions are considered as low-end collectors' books yet of higher quality than what the BL is putting out these days.

A very similar issue my friends have with Mortis LE, the emblem is way off on the front page.

Ravenor

Ugh, nightmare when they bugger around with different alignment styles... the left (or top depending on how you look at it) alignment here could be to allow room for the subtitles of the other two volumes to fall below with no need for scaling, but it wont stop em looking out of place if the rest of your collection is centre aligned.

Quick mock up of how it could look when complete... obviously excuse the order in which I've presented em here lol :whistling:

gallery_92969_16895_749074.png

Edited by JH79

Ugh, nightmare when they bugger around with different alignment styles... the left (or top depending on how you look at it) alignment here could be to allow room for the subtitles of the other two volumes to fall below with no need for scaling, but it wont stop em looking out of place if the rest of your collection is centre aligned.

Quick mock up of how it could look when complete... obviously excuse the order in which I've presented em here lol :whistling:

gallery_92969_16895_749074.png

I was disappointed in this book too. I had hoped it would be made to match the Magos special edition so that some day we could have a complete collection of the eisenhorn to be bequin books. But obviously BL had different ideas. It looks like each trilogy will be done completely differently.

I was also pretty annoyed as the ravenor book was so easily marked. Fingerprints everywhere

• 1 month later...

My latest LE/SE purchases didn't go well. Either the website crashed and I missed out, another order got lost (at least I got a refund) and the one I got, Ravenor, disappointed me.

However, today's package made my day. I've been looking for these two books for years. They occasionally show up on eBay but for ridiculous prices (or are gone before I notice). I managed to get them both for the original price, both brand new.

Mephiston + Medusa

Nice collection and bookshelves. Looks very clean.

Thanks, always been very careful reading my books. Wife take the piss when she sees me opening them a fraction so I don't break the spines :biggrin.:

• 11 months later...

Finally worked out how to post pictures! These are my Black Library (/GW/FW) books :blush:

gallery_257019_17362_794742.jpg

gallery_257019_17362_903369.jpg

Recently had to move my limited editions out of reach of small hands, before the little one earns to crawl, and find/damage/drool on them! :drool: (P.s. awful wallpaper choice was last owners, yet to tear down!)

gallery_257019_17362_823318.jpg

Holy Emperor..... :jaw:

What a beautiful collection!

I truly envy you. :O

Which series has that awesome art on their hardback, resulting in this neat art?

Given the numbers, I thought it to be HH but don't think that it's actually it.

Edited by Kelborn