Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening: War of the Spider (incl. Fabius Bile)

• Please log in to reply
302 replies to this topic

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,963 posts
https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

2:45PM – Psychic Awakening: The Next Chapter
PsyAwk-Sep09-PAHeader-zlw2.jpgThe eighth book in the galaxy-spanning Psychic Awakening reaches the ruins of Cadia. While Abaddon the Despoiler has moved on to Vigilus, another villain is looking to make the system his new playground.

Yes, Fabius Bile is back! Congratulations if you picked up on the not-so-subtle hints that we’ve been dropping. This iconic character has spent 10,000 years terrorising the galaxy, and this glorious new model perfectly encapsulates his warped genius. He’s the last of the original “classic” Chaos Space Marines characters to be updated and, just like with Abaddon, Ahriman and Khârn, he’s well worth the wait. Let’s take a closer look at how the Primogenitor has changed.

As well as returning with an epic new model, Fabius is also the cover star of the next book in the Psychic Awakening saga – War of the Spider. As he spins his plans and schemes, his enemies close in on him – the Death Guard, Officio Assassinorum and Talons of the Emperor all have their reasons for wanting to stop Bile. Along with background on the battles taking place amid the ruins of the Cadia System, the book will include new rules for the Adeptus Custodes, Sisters of Silence and Imperial Assassins. There are also additional rules for each of the seven Plague Companies of the Death Guard and a new Chaos Space Marines sub-faction called Agents of Bile, representing the twisted creations of the Clonefather.
af8bfb6b.jpg
If you’re getting ready for the return of Fabius Bile, make sure that you share your conversions with us on the Warhammer 40,000 Facebook page.

XgMldsO.jpg
udYFWUu.jpg

lPdZ1vu.jpg

rQT4Yxg.jpg
GCwUetk.jpg

PA war of the spider

CUSTODES

vs

DEATHGAURD

vs

FABIUS AND FRIENDS

via
LORD MARSHALL

Very interesting tidbit from the stream is that the Talon's contingent was sent to bring Primaris to a Chapter that they presumably didn't know had done Renegade.

I doubt anymore will come of it beyond fodder for Fabius and they'll all be betrayed to die at the end, but it's an interesting hook.

Edited by Dosjetka, 29 March 2020 - 12:37 PM.

• Doghouse, DeadFingers and Shinespider like this
banana

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts

I guess that rumour about War of the Spider being the final PA Volume and coming with Warp Spiders and Emperor's Children shortly after just got smacked in the face, didn't it?

That leaves Harlequins, Necrons, Deathwatch and Sororitas, of all the factions initially listed.

Edited by DeadFingers, 28 March 2020 - 02:28 PM.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,007 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

7JYRBvJ.png

Having rules for each of the Death Guard Great Companies will be cool. Pity about the EC rumour not panning out but that's hardly an oddity

Edited by Marshal Loss, 28 March 2020 - 02:31 PM.

• Dark Shepherd likes this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,084 posts

The "factions" are Adeptus Custodes (and some other Imps), Assassins, Deathguard, Fabius & renegade Marines.

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard
Very interesting tidbit from the stream is that the Talon's contingent was sent to bring Primaris to a Chapter that they presumably didn't know had gone Renegade.

I doubt anymore will come of it beyond fodder for Fabius and they'll all be betrayed to die at the end, but it's an interesting hook.

Edited by Lord Marshal, 28 March 2020 - 02:32 PM.

• SufficientAnonymity likes this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Dumah

Dumah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 641 posts

Though still ugly, I'm liking Fabius' face much more than in the initial leaked image.

• Iron Father Imeran Byon likes this

I write things:

What Chapter Am I: A Fan Fiction Guessing Game

The Squiggly Beast that Could

Orks Iz Best

Beakiez iz okay, too...

Knight Artorias

Knight Artorias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 152 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Sounds like no model support for Bile's 'new men', but possibly some rules! 

The Observer

The Observer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,385 posts
  • Faction: The Legions of Yore
He is all I wanted him to be and more - can't wait to slap some metallic purple on him.
Instagram Handle: count.hodo

12.jpg

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 914 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I like the fluff for the Custodes torchbearer fleet, sent to deliver primaris upgrades to a chapter only to find they have gone renegade and allied with the Spider.
I wonder if this is set in the imperium nihilus?

grailkeeper

grailkeeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 684 posts
  • Faction: Vylka Fenrika

Wow that model is almost identical to the original. The only difference I can see is the positioning of the hand on the cane and the old flayed face being gone. Shame about the last bit but great update.

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,014 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!
I love that this is basically just a HD remaster of the original. Almost every detail from the classic model is present and correct. Really great job.
  • Lexington, Pork Chop Express, fire golem and 5 others like this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_30096.jpggallery_84244_11417_17741.pnggallery_84244_11417_22884.pnggallery_84244_16660_5008.jpggallery_84244_11417_13552.png

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I love that this is basically just a HD remaster of the original. Almost every detail from the classic model is present and correct. Really great job.

Kinda like Mephiston, really. And I'm not even mad about it (except for the nose). :D 

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
So the question is... will Bile be allying with the Death Guard or will they be trying to kill him? I'm unsure of any animosity between the two unless Mortarion is still bitter about Bile cloning Horus (if he was even upset about it in the first place).

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts

So the question is... will Bile be allying with the Death Guard or will they be trying to kill him? I'm unsure of any animosity between the two unless Mortarion is still bitter about Bile cloning Horus (if he was even upset about it in the first place).

According to the text in Warhammer Community:

As he spins his plans and schemes, his enemies close in on him – the Death Guard, Officio Assassinorum and Talons of the Emperor all have their reasons for wanting to stop Bile.

Edited by DeadFingers, 28 March 2020 - 03:18 PM.

• Dosjetka and Panzer like this

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,270 posts

Neat to see some inter-Chaos fighting going on. Looking forward to them expanding on this more. :)

Edited by Dosjetka, 28 March 2020 - 03:20 PM.

gallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_12339_7236.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,963 posts

in the stream they said its death gaurd and bile fighting over the primaris torch bearer fleet, and the custodes defending it?

* I think

banana

Lay

Lay

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,086 posts
  • Faction: A̶l̶p̶h̶a̶ ̶L̶e̶g̶i̶o̶n̶

The teaser pics didn't do Fabius justice. He looks pretty cool.

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 914 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
They are running a repeat of the preview now if anyone wants to listen in again

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,010 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

Is it just me or does he have a strong resemblance to Vigo the Carpathian? 

PP6scNU.png?1

• Cheex, Ranulf, lhg033 and 25 others like this

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Check out my Instagram for other stuff I can't post here.

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,913 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

Not just you, but for some reason I think it works - although I still think his nose shouldn't have been quite so bulbous.
  • Triszin, Iron Father Imeran Byon and Arch69 like this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,648 posts
  • Faction: Orks!
I really, really dig the new Fabius. Just a perfect translation of the original, radiating that 40K-ified Hammer Horror villain vibe he’s always meant to have.
  • Bryan Blaire likes this

gallery_23421_16101_14266.png

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,327 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Solid work on Fabulous Bill, i really like that hes kind of blended Astartes and Haemonculus looks with his odd physique. 

I think EC were never going to be coming out with him though, he really has nothing to do with his old Legion (Which is why we got Lucius, after.... well.... that other one) though im interested to see what the Deathguard are up to. Also TURBO HYPE FOR TALONS as a Sisters of Silence collector :) Only 2 months post virus shutdown til Aleya is playable :D 

I quite like the Torchbearers chasing newly renegade chapter plot too, though yeah they arent going to end well are they :D 

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

I think Bile looks more like Nigel Bennett, but apparently I am the only one.

prince.jpg

• m0nolith likes this

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,798 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

I think Bile looks more like Nigel Bennett, but apparently I am the only one.

Frasier Crane 

Frasier.jpg

• Sandlemad, Jack of the Pelt, PJ1933 and 6 others like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,824 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade
I wonder if they'll finally put SoS and Custodes together, it just makes too much sense for both armies to do that. Custodes get cheaper troops and psychic protection, Sisters get some teeth and HQs.

I doubt there will be new models besides Fabius and his faction.
  • Dark Shepherd and MegaVolt87 like this
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users