Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening: War of the Spider (incl. Fabius Bile)

• Please log in to reply
302 replies to this topic

templargdt

templargdt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,022 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens

I wonder if they'll finally put SoS and Custodes together, it just makes too much sense for both armies to do that. Custodes get cheaper troops and psychic protection, Sisters get some teeth and HQs.
I doubt there will be new models besides Fabius and his faction.

The warcom article said talons of the emperor so I'm assuming/hoping for custodes plus sisters of silece.
  • redmapa likes this

1 John 4:8

ijLM8FY.jpgO787td6.jpg

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts

They confirmed a while back that Sisters of Silence would be merged with Custodes as Talons of the Emperor, at least for Psychic Awakening.

Edited by DeadFingers, 28 March 2020 - 07:12 PM.

• redmapa likes this

Hathor42

Hathor42

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 395 posts
Maybe the deathguard are after bile because he wont work with then cause they are unsanitary lol. Also I think it would be cool if the minions of bile get a stratagem to turn a champion or chaos lord into a apothecary.

Edited by Hathor42, 28 March 2020 - 07:53 PM.

• El_Dicko likes this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,798 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Also I think it would be cool if the minions of bile get a stratagem to turn a champion or chaos lord into a apothecary.

Would be nice as I have one converted. 

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Maybe the deathguard are after bile because he wont work with then cause they are unsanitary lol

Doubtful as he had a Nurgle Daemon "pet" in his lab for a while. ^^

If I understood correctly he and the Death Guard simply are after the same thing and Bile is about as much an enemy to the chaos forces as he is their ally so they have no reason to just let him have what they also want.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Hellex_The_Thanatar

Hellex_The_Thanatar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,120 posts

I wonder if they'll finally put SoS and Custodes together, it just makes too much sense for both armies to do that. Custodes get cheaper troops and psychic protection, Sisters get some teeth and HQs.

I doubt there will be new models besides Fabius and his faction.

During the Valerian and SoS release it was revealed they would be combined into talons as their key words made them useless at release and they will be until PA.

templargdt

templargdt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,022 posts

At the start of 8th you could have Sisters of Silence as an elites detachment with a Sanctioned Psyker as an HQ as a Astra Telepathica detachment, which honestly I thought was pretty cool, except the SoS would shut down their only HQ choice.  But still, being able to field a detachment of AAT was awesome.

I think this will be a great book.  Custodes, Sisters of Silence, and Assassins all rolled into one spot.  Fantastic.  I really hope they 1, pull in all the Forge World models for those two armies, and 2, give the Assassain temples more than just what they did in the White Dwarf.  Not hopeful on that front though.

Still, if GW rolls rules for all the Forge World SoS and Custodes into a 40K book, huge win.

Edited by templargdt, 28 March 2020 - 10:52 PM.

ijLM8FY.jpgO787td6.jpg

Urauloth

Urauloth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,182 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Rules for each of the Plague Companies... yes thank you.

• Slave to Darkness likes this

Its lonely cry comes shivering through the dark,

As beasts roar at the great biting flames,

"Blessed are the chains that bind him to the darkness

and cursed are the blades that leave him lame"

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,069 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
I don’t care about new models
Just hopefully will get some decent rules for Death Guard

Edited by Plaguecaster, 29 March 2020 - 01:36 AM.

Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

General Strike

General Strike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,685 posts
Welp, now I know what I'm sitting around waiting for. I sold all my warhammer models, to clear my space and my head, now when the world turns more normal, I can look forward to whatever rules they give me for Biles subfaction.

templargdt

templargdt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,022 posts

Do we have a release time frame for the book?  I wonder if they will release it to digital on their regular schedule even though print production is likely completely on hold.

ijLM8FY.jpgO787td6.jpg

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,629 posts

Do we have a release time frame for the book?  I wonder if they will release it to digital on their regular schedule even though print production is likely completely on hold.

Seeing as how Saga of the Beast just came out, this book is at least two months away, as Engine War is the next one.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,120 posts

Do we have a release time frame for the book? I wonder if they will release it to digital on their regular schedule even though print production is likely completely on hold.

Seeing as how Saga of the Beast just came out, this book is at least two months away, as Engine War is the next one.

Saga of the beast wont be on shelves fully until May 2nd if all goes according to plan...but thats highly unlikely. Cant see them pressing ahead with digital only releases when they cant release accompanying models and people are still waiting on previous releases

Sky Potato

Sky Potato

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 256 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, Catachan
It’s been released as digital already there’s was an announcement on WarCom
  • Panzer and Hathor42 like this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,798 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Well as every cloud has a silver lining and all that the one good thing about releases being delayed is I can save up ready for this book and Fabius. Knowing Bile has a mini sub faction makes me very happy. Nice one GW :)

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Hathor42

Hathor42

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 395 posts

I wonder if the torchbearers will find out the renagades are traitors before they deliver the primaris or after lol

sairence

sairence

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 679 posts
I guess the important thing is that with this story they have a hook to introduce more rules for Primaris in this book. XD

Joking...super-stoked for expanded SoS-rules in this. Assassin's getting more as well is just the icing on top. :)
gallery_30308_9518_8251.png

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,120 posts

Thats what I meant by fully. Its only out on digital via direct GW channells

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,327 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

The Emperor of Man on a Catamaran; you could have mentioned you meant War of the beast, my heart cant take that much excitement and disappointment in a short period of time :D

Edited by Captain Idaho, 30 March 2020 - 02:36 PM.
Removed mild blasphemy

Sky Potato

Sky Potato

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 256 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, Catachan
Hahah, sorry

I was several beers in last night when I posted that, hence the spelling errors.
  • Jacques Corbin likes this

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,699 posts

I don't like the new Bile model... Infact i dont like the face cause the rest ot the model looks good...

I have mixed feelings about this new PA

I like new options for DG and CSM (i have started a DG army thanks to Dark Imperium and Conquest) and i like also new options for Custodes too but my concern is about the poor SoS... I feel they will be rolled into Custodes army just like new units to get and they will never receive anything to be fielded as a proper army (the WD "list" is so lackluster)

“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

but my concern is about the poor SoS... I feel they will be rolled into Custodes army just like new units to get and they will never receive anything to be fielded as a proper army (the WD "list" is so lackluster)

Well yes. SoS simply aren't a proper army in itself. They are part of the Talons of the Emperor and get deployed together with Custodes. That's how it was done 10k years ago and how it's done again today. Inbetween they barely existed. They didn't even get proper supply of armour and weapons because the High Lords of Terra deemed them unnecessary for the most part. That's their lore. They aren't nearly on the same level of SoB despite the similar name and being an all female group.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,327 posts

but my concern is about the poor SoS... I feel they will be rolled into Custodes army just like new units to get and they will never receive anything to be fielded as a proper army (the WD "list" is so lackluster)

Well yes. SoS simply aren't a proper army in itself. They are part of the Talons of the Emperor and get deployed together with Custodes. That's how it was done 10k years ago and how it's done again today. Inbetween they barely existed. They didn't even get proper supply of armour and weapons because the High Lords of Terra deemed them unnecessary for the most part. That's their lore. They aren't nearly on the same level of SoB despite the similar name and being an all female group.

Except thats not their lore, its never been their lore and there is no good reason it should change to be their lore?

They operated extensively during the Crusade era without the Custodes and have always been a separate organisation under the umbrella of the Talons (Which has never been a formal organisation exactly, just a shorthand for the Emperors personal troops) particularly in crewing the Black ships, something which they continued doing independently on a reduced scale all throughout history. Even at their lowest ebb the semi independent groups like the one Aleya was part of are depicted as having fortresses, warp capable ships and deployments in excess of a typical 40k army. Sure their gear was worse yes, but worse than literally the best gear the Imperium can provide in Auramite stuff, which lets be honest, describes over 99% of the Imperiums military ;) 

They arent on the same scale as the SoB but then neither are Custodes, or Space Marines for that matter... In universe scale matters nothing at all in deciding whether  a model range exists. Custodes are the perfect example of what they "could" do, they were literally in the same space, one plastic kit, some basic FW support for that line and a basic get you by rules set for 40k and GW did a massive range expansion and Codex for them, no reason they couldnt do it again, i mean it would be nice to get the chance seeing as FW pulled most of their resin range before it was finished (allegedly).

Mini rant done :P  

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

Except thats not their lore, its never been their lore and there is no good reason it should change to be their lore?

They operated extensively during the Crusade era without the Custodes and have always been a separate organisation under the umbrella of the Talons (Which has never been a formal organisation exactly, just a shorthand for the Emperors personal troops) particularly in crewing the Black ships, something which they continued doing independently on a reduced scale all throughout history. Even at their lowest ebb the semi independent groups like the one Aleya was part of are depicted as having fortresses, warp capable ships and deployments in excess of a typical 40k army. Sure their gear was worse yes, but worse than literally the best gear the Imperium can provide in Auramite stuff, which lets be honest, describes over 99% of the Imperiums military msn-wink.gif 

They arent on the same scale as the SoB but then neither are Custodes, or Space Marines for that matter... In universe scale matters nothing at all in deciding whether  a model range exists. Custodes are the perfect example of what they "could" do, they were literally in the same space, one plastic kit, some basic FW support for that line and a basic get you by rules set for 40k and GW did a massive range expansion and Codex for them, no reason they couldnt do it again, i mean it would be nice to get the chance seeing as FW pulled most of their resin range before it was finished (allegedly).

Mini rant done tongue.png  

Except that it's been exactly that.

Aside from fighting together with the Custodes they have been a really minor thing with barely any support from Terra. To such a degree that they even struggled to to keep operating at all. The blackship duty is pretty much the only thing Terra acknowledged them and gave them any kind of support at all.

I haven't read of anything showing them deploying anywhere near the excess of a typcial 40k army on their own and having fortresses and warp capable ships means basically nothing considering thousands of regular traders and rogue traders in the Imperium have warp capable ships too and "fortress" is just a name and could be anything from something as riddiculously huge as a Space Marine fortress to something as insignificant as a barely functioning ruin and shadow of its former self.

Their gear wasn't just worse, it was bad. Their armour and weapons were barely more than the materian they were made of instead of having proper power weapons and power armour (not even speaking of Custodes or Space Marine levels of power armour) and so on.

I stand by my word, there's no real in-universe reason why SoS should be their own standing army on the level of other existing factions. This has also absolutely nothing to do with a model range. They have models and could easily have more while still being part of a Talons of the Emperor faction instead of being their own separate faction.

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,327 posts

Except that it's been exactly that.

Aside from fighting together with the Custodes they have been a really minor thing with barely any support from Terra. To such a degree that they even struggled to to keep operating at all. The blackship duty is pretty much the only thing Terra acknowledged them and gave them any kind of support at all.

I haven't read of anything showing them deploying anywhere near the excess of a typcial 40k army on their own and having fortresses and warp capable ships means basically nothing considering thousands of regular traders and rogue traders in the Imperium have warp capable ships too and "fortress" is just a name and could be anything from something as riddiculously huge as a Space Marine fortress to something as insignificant as a barely functioning ruin and shadow of its former self.

Their gear wasn't just worse, it was bad. Their armour and weapons were barely more than the materian they were made of instead of having proper power weapons and power armour (not even speaking of Custodes or Space Marine levels of power armour) and so on.

I stand by my word, there's no real in-universe reason why SoS should be their own standing army on the level of other existing factions. This has also absolutely nothing to do with a model range. They have models and could easily have more while still being part of a Talons of the Emperor faction instead of being their own separate faction.

All of this is shown in the Watchers of the Throne series, a large Fortress, dozens of independant Sisters of Silence and even more gathered on Terra later. Id need a source on the gear being objectively bad? Aleya comments that Auramite stuff is better but she had trained with a greatsword and was wearing power armour off even a limited order. Warp capable ships are actually rare in the Imperium, especially for a military force as demonstrated all over the place? 

I mean your argument for them not being an army is what exactly? There arent many of them? There are a lot more Sisters than say... Blood Angels for example, should they lose their codex and get folded into the Imperial guard as an elites slot? Wishing someone elses army away is a pretty dick move right? Its exactly a decision about models because GW has always been perfectly clear that all decisions are made model first, the fluff has no bearing on it and will always flex to accommodate the model ranges.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users