It is confirmed. Necrons will be in the last book.

Get Thokt

Not really. Lore wise it makes some sense as well. Harlies and Necrons against each other, Deathwatch hunting them both. I wonder what the story hook will be.

Hurray for June! With that lineup of factions I hope to see Necrons as a focal point being the "big bad" the rest have to rally to stop.

Little do they know the Necrons are just trying to close the Rift. Stop meddling already, ya dang kids. Sheesh.

There has been further rumours from a French YouTube channel supporting the news I got from GW staff here in China. That GW are planning something big in the Summer for Necrons after the PA books. Also mentioned the release of 9th ed too. So I believe that there are two sources now reporting the same news.

Here is the quote from the French forums:

or the preview of new products, they were originally planned for L'Adepticon (April) and Le Warhammer Fest (May). The previews of the Adepticon were cut out in live video today and next Saturday. There will probably be one or two videos in May for the latest news and probably what will launch the V9. For those who hoped for a primarch or the like, don't dream. We are clearly headed for a "second semester of Necron" according to FWS. I think very strongly that you have to bet on a big Necron fig à la Ghazkhull.

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

=][= Merged two posts=][=

Sooo...Silent King? Please and thank you, GeeDubs? Unless it’s a newly permanently-Empowered Orikan, which would be an interesting twist. Or something to do with the void dragon.

Does the French forum mention the reputability of the source?

I'm feel like at most there will be a resculpt of one of the finecast characters, but more likely no model support with the PA book we're confirmed by process of elimination to be in.

Definitely down for a Silent King model though, with the added bonus that he would likely fit into any army regardless of faction.

....of course now that I've said that the Detachment will be released as Triarch Code only :teehee:

BaconCouch, there was a Fb post from the 40k page that said SoB would feature in their own PA book. Not 100% I'd say but that's how most are taking it.

EDIT: Word about is the book's name will be Psychic Awakening: Pariah. Buckets of salt of course.

Edited by NTaW

Pursuant to my last post and in light of the NR&A thread, here's the pic stirring up rumours of the PA book presumably featuring Necrons.

5860ed03-psychic-awakening-pariah.jpg

Weren't sisters already in "Faith and Fury"? Why would they be featured twice? 

I am concerned that we're in a book with 4 factions. And we won't get anything worthwhile due to the book being crowded

They were in it the same way the Imperial Guard were in Faith and Fury or Phoenix Rising. They got mentioned in fluff and scenarios, but no actual rules.

It is....not confirmed Necrons will feature in book 9. WHC announced the book with a SoB and Harlequin model as getting rules without mention of our beloved death robots. They discussed how the Harlequin character calls themself a pariah, and how pariahs are psychic nulls.

Edited for correctness in blue.

Edited by NTaW

...Nani?

Who does that leave to face against? Unless we’re fighting everyone, or no one?

Though I suppose we could be fighting ourselves. Not like there’s not precedent for it, anyway.

Hopefully the next preview in 2 weeks will prove illuminating.

I said right off the hop with this PA series Necrons -could- have their own book akin to how Phoenix Rising was entirely Eldar factions. I mean, I doubt it will happen and we'll likely get featured with Sisters of Battle.

EDIT: Considering Deathwatch and Harlequins are getting the WD treatment for their rules I guess that leaves us to go up against the unaligned SoB and Harlequin characters in Pariah but not confirmed yet.

Edited by NTaW

They talked a lot about the SoB character fighting Chaos and being here to protect us against Chaos and whatnot so I was a bit confused by that - she won't be fighting Chaos (unless there's another curveball in here), so why frame her as such?  It has me worried we will not get the focus we need.  

Going back a while there was something floating around that the box set for 9th would be SM vs Necrons, so is it possible we get a min treatment in PA9 and then get a new codex shortly after 9th drops.  Not the best place to be in, but it could lead to us getting more in the long run, and heck they could pull a 7th and make us OP.

They talked a lot about the SoB character fighting Chaos and being here to protect us against Chaos and whatnot so I was a bit confused by that - she won't be fighting Chaos (unless there's another curveball in here), so why frame her as such?  It has me worried we will not get the focus we need.  

They also talked about how she was wanted by just about every faction in the galaxy in some way, and named being chased by the Inquisition, T. Sons, and Dark Eldar. Kind of a mirror of Fabius Bile really. There was a bit of chatter about how pariahs were sort of the opposite of chaos or psykers but mention that didn't mean they were on the "good" side.

I'm still not convinced we'll see the Necrons in this book given the confusing relationship between the Daemonfuge and...well, daemons. She has apparently been to the Black Library and studied with the Eldar so who knows what cards GW has up its sleeve on this one. I just wish we knew concretely that Necrons were in the book.

Going back a while there was something floating around that the box set for 9th would be SM vs Necrons, so is it possible we get a min treatment in PA9 and then get a new codex shortly after 9th drops.  Not the best place to be in, but it could lead to us getting more in the long run, and heck they could pull a 7th and make us OP.

I think it would be odd to have two new books for a xenos faction released so closely together. If the 9th edition play is coming I doubt Necrons will get a PA book like what we've seen, much I suppose like how Necrons were the guinea pigs in 7th with the first Codex featuring Detachments of Formations. In this instance I see Necrons as the first PA/Codex blend where other factions will be able to use their 8th Codex + PA supplement or their new 9th Codex but Necrons would just have the one book.

This may just be my wallet talking, hoping against hope I only buy one GW book with Necron rules this year :lol:

GW are going to great lengths to not mention Necrons at all for this PA.

Whilst I understand this is extremely infuriating for the majority of Necron players out there, I can't help but feel that this implies we are getting some special from GW.

That being said, I have only been in this hobby for over a year and know well enough to keep my expectations low.

I think it's fair to say that we'll either get the Psychic Awakening with Sisters or a new codex (if 9th is confirmed).

Honestly I am just hoping for the Psychic Awakening book. Being the first codex of a new edition is relatively a bad thing since power creep is known in the game.

Honestly I am just hoping for the Psychic Awakening book. Being the first codex of a new edition is relatively a bad thing since power creep is known in the game.

The only time Necrons were the first Codex into a new edition was 7th, where the Decurion Formations made RP rolls and Wraiths absolutely brutal for the whole of the edition. I had to frequently explain to pick up opponents that I wasn't going to just power game them away and spent most those years promising my friends I wasn't going to get Tomb Blades.

Sort of the opposite side of the problem you're calling out here but a problem nonetheless :lol:

I too am hoping for a PA book and not a new Codex right away, though my wallet would surely appreciate one book to two. A Codex would have a lot of reprinted fluff material (see 7th to 8th) where PA will, for better or worse, provide solely new insights into what's happening for Necrons.

Rules are cool too of course. I'd like some new rules.

Sure, I mean I wasn't involved in 40K during 7th edition, though from what I know, GW have been running 8th much different to its predecessor.

I think it's fair to point out that over the course of this edition, the newer releases of codexes, datasheets and stratagems have greatly improved in effectiveness compared to the ones from early 8th edition.

That is why the meta has changed so frequently. New stuff sells well, so it makes sense why this is the case.

So now it is confirmed that the Necrons will feature as the big bad in Pariah, with Illuminor Szeras as the (only) character (shown) leading the faction.

Something that was reiterated in the Twitch stream was that blackstone could be tuned either positively and negatively to the Warp and that Necrons could/do/can have structures that work to nullify psychic powers.

Considering I'm in the process of printing a Tomb World set of terrain for my home table I would absolutely welcome any possible Necron structures into my collection.

Edited by NTaW

When the forgebane boxset came out there was a chunk of fluff released about how Necrons used blackstone in lots of their creations, including vehicles. Then our codex came out and there was nothing in it reflecting Necrons using blackstone. Hopefully Pariah fixes that.

So the rumor has been that there is going to be a Necron vs “power armor” faction box set released. The rumor also said a new Szeras model was going to be in it. And today we get the reveal of not only Szeras but a power armor wearing inquisitor. So we could be seeing another box set with Necrons soon.

It will be doubly awesome if it includes a couple new units to accompany our new center piece HQ model.