Lion El’Jonson Model

Cris R

The new Lion El'Jonson model revealed in the Warhammer Preview is absolutely spectacular. Everything about just works perfectly and the paint scheme absolutely nails the feel of the First Legion in 30k. Needless to say, I feel very happy I'm putting together a Dark Angels list for 30k.

Rules, from Andy Hoare:

- Lion has a strength of 7, Wolf Blade gives +3 (so he hits at S10)

- You take the Lion Sword if you want to kill general stuff and the Wolf Blade if you want to kill monsters

Thrilled with the model. Absolutely spectacular

Edited by Marshal Loss

Rules, from Andy Hoare:

- Lion has a strength of 7, Wolf Blade gives +3 (so he hits at S10)

- You take the Lion Sword if you want to kill general stuff and the Wolf Blade if you want to kill monsters

Thrilled with the model. Absolutely spectacular

Any more details on rules or hints about any other releases? Assuming not but thought I'd ask anyway...

So incredibly thrilled. I am stunned honestly. With all this virus stuff I've been in kinda a slump, but man, this has been a good morning. Can't wait to have this guy on the board. Papa Lion!

We know very little of the rules, but him being base strength 7 was a bit of a surprise. Not that he has been depicted as a weakling or anything, but he hasn't really been depicted as ridiculously strong either like Ferrus Manus or Magnus the Red. I would not have expected him to be stronger than Leman Russ in the crunch.

We know very little of the rules, but him being base strength 7 was a bit of a surprise. Not that he has been depicted as a weakling or anything, but he hasn't really been depicted as ridiculously strong either like Ferrus Manus or Magnus the Red. I would not have expected him to be stronger than Leman Russ in the crunch.

Ehhh I would dispute that. In the new Primarch novel for the Lion, the 1st Legion and the Lion are literally called "The Final Solution". Russ is described as the scary dog you keep on your lawn, while Jonson is the person who will erase you from existence and not raise a fuss about it. One is a deterrent you hopefully never have to use, the other is a sanction you use quietly and ruthlessly.

Edited by Aztek

But Aztek, I've always read that kind of descriptions more in reference to the modus operandi and the character of the Lion and of the I Legion, as in they will do whatever necessary to achieve their objectives, no matter the cost or collateral effects. That to me does not suggest that the Lion is stronger or more powerful physically than most primarchs, just that he is a cold, ruthlessly efficient warrior and strategist. At any rate, I guess it is a way to give the Lion some difference when compared to Russ combat-wise: while Russ has the versatility to change between weapons as he carries both of them to battle, the Lion has to decide whether he's in the mood for getting drenched in whatever bits fly off of his enemies or he prefers to just loop heads/limbs off all day long. Edited by Elzender

But Aztek, I've always read that kind of descriptions more in reference to the modus operandi and the character of the Lion and of the I Legion, as in they will do whatever necessary to achieve their objectives, no matter the cost or collateral effects. That to me does not suggest that the Lion is stronger or more powerful physically than most primarchs, just that he is a cold, ruthlessly efficient warrior and strategist. At any rate, I guess it is a way to give the Lion some difference when compared to Russ combat-wise: while Russ has the versatility to change between weapons as he carries both of them to battle, the Lion has to decide whether he's in the mood for getting drenched in whatever bits fly off of his enemies or he prefers to just loop heads/limbs off all day long.

Back in the days it was the other way round. Russ was the powerhouse and Lion was the swift one.

Ehhh I would dispute that. In the new Primarch novel for the Lion, the 1st Legion and the Lion are literally called "The Final Solution". Russ is described as the scary dog you keep on your lawn, while Jonson is the person who will erase you from existence and not raise a fuss about it. One is a deterrent you hopefully never have to use, the other is a sanction you use quietly and ruthlessly.

I get that part, but I think it was more that when the Wolves came it was like a Viking raid: they killed all of the soldiers and everyone resisting, but that was it. When the First were given orders to annihilate something it was more like what happened with Carthage after the second Punic war: everyone was killed or enslaved and nothing was left were Carthage once was because no stone was left on stone and whatever land there was was salted so that nothing could grow there.

These differing approaches are realized in very different ways: For the Wolves it was a brutal and savage exercise, for the First it was mechanical and emotionless. Leman led the charge for the Wolves while the Lion planned how to ensure the utter annihilation of the enemy and the First put that plan into effect. Leman would be bursting through walls and tearing down buildings by himself while the Lion would lead by example as befits a grandmaster of an order of knights.