Biggest or Largest reveal ever! Was it?

tangoalphatwo

So, I remember all the hype GW made about their largest reveal for Adepticon. They said something like 2 hours... I don’t see it.

Don’t get me wrong. I like everything they revealed, but it didn’t seem like that much. Am I missing something? I know they’re revealing more on the 4th, but is that more stuff that was supposed to be at Adepticon? Did they break Adepticon up into two reveal?

A lot of people were talking 8.5 or 9th, do people still think that will be revealed? Just the 4th maybe?

Sorry if this topic has been converted but didn’t see a single topic on this.

so.

That was for the adepticon Preview.

Then the covid -19 crisis occured.

This has pushed back production, and likely GW's release timeline.

( and with this likely happening, it has pushed back all reveals. as GW does not like showing something, then not releasing it for 6 months.)

I was surprised they were still even doing a preview.

There is still that Primaris landspeeder and bike pictures that we need info on.

Not sure I'd get my hopes up for seeing that... might be setting yourself up for disappointment by doing so. Warhammer Fest was going to be in early May, which would be plenty of time to start building up hype for a new Primaris range for a June release.

Then if we do see something on that pixelated image, great!

so.

That was for the adepticon Preview.

Then the covid -19 crisis occured.

This has pushed back production, and likely GW's release timeline.

( and with this likely happening, it has pushed back all reveals. as GW does not like showing something, then not releasing it for 6 months.)

I was surprised they were still even doing a preview.

This is spot on.  We have no idea if this was everything they intended to preview or not.  Could be they had a lot more that it no longer makes sense to preview right now. 

That, or they overhyped it - that is nothing new, so shouldn't be surprising to anyone.

Gimme Ash Wastes/Vehicle rules for 'Munda and Ill be as happy as a Nurgling in :cuss... Hell even a bit of info regarding the Ash Wastes would be good, unless GW has forgotten about that. 

GW is definitely prone to overhyping these previews, but I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt here.

The preview they hyped up as the biggest one ever was the Adepticon one, not this online one, and we don't know how much of the planned Adepticon preview is a.) being kept for next weekend and b.) how much has been pulled altogether due to the indefinite hiatus on the release schedule.

Edited by Halandaar

I’m torn. On one hand, GW overhype things to a ridiculous degree and it often turns out to be something like another Primaris LT or something equally underwhelming.

On the other hand though, they’ve never used language like ‘biggest reveal ever’ before so there could well be something up their sleeve and we will have to wait and see.

On balance I’m inclined towards the second option but I still wouldn’t be surprised if it was the first.

On the other hand though, they’ve never used language like ‘biggest reveal ever’ before

You mean except for the two or three times before his one. :D

True but this time it seemed a lot more explicit so, fingers crossed :)

Like I said though, I wouldn’t at all be surprised if it turns out to be less than stellar :)

I was honestly surprised to see that they were still doing the preview after the UK went into lockdown. They probably had planned to do it from Warhammer World, instead of from their own homes with whatever cameras and microphones each one of them had.

And AFAIK they stopped calling it the "biggest preview ever" right after Adepticon's cancellation, and just "the first online Warhammer preview". Who knows how many things they've decided to cut due to them losing at least three weeks of production and distribution, more if the lockdown is extended, which is very likely to happen. Even if some of the things they're showing right now were supposed to be released soon, they might not hit shelves for months, their entire production and release timeline has been thrown for a loop, to say the least. It wouldn't surprise me if they have decided to stratch any reveals or teasers for things that are further away.

Am I happy with any of this? No, not at all. Am I disappointed? I'll start judging after next Saturday, since it's still supposed to be part of what would've been the Adepticon preview. Do I understand that these are extraordinary circumstances that are very much not ideal for the hobby and everyone involved in it, including both GW and us? Yes, I do.

Edited by DeadFingers

Gimme Ash Wastes/Vehicle rules for 'Munda and Ill be as happy as a Nurgling in :censored:... Hell even a bit of info regarding the Ash Wastes would be good, unless GW has forgotten about that. 

We've known we're getting ash waste gang for a while now.

Honestly, pretty lame to complain at all considering the situation.

I mean, GW preplanned for adepticon. It would take an intern ten seconds to just link those photos, yes?

Let them some space until the last releases in 4º of next moth, for now, its not an awesome reveal, its good, not bad, let see next week if they rise the hipe.

Edited by Lucerne

And AFAIK they stopped calling it the "biggest preview ever" right after Adepticon's cancellation, and just "the first online Warhammer preview". 

This.

It might have behooved them to explicitly tamp down people's expectations rather than just toning down their own rhetoric and assuming everyone who'd read the "biggest preview ever" hype would successfully interpret their change in tone as a sign to expect less. I was watching the chat and holy Hell were there a bunch of salty comments in there from people who clearly hadn't gotten that message at all.

But it's history now. And having seen today's reveals, people will now be a little more relaxed when they go into next week's preview, which may turn out in GW's favor - the only thing better than dropping an epic announcement is doing it when fewer people are expecting it. Even if fewer people tune in next week, it's not like they'll miss the news entirely since they're stuck inside and at some point they're going to check Warhammer Community.

Let's be fair, it wouldn't have been any bigger for 99% of the community if it actually happened as planned. Probably even less considering there wouldn't have been a live stream at all. So let's don't act like they actually cut a ton of content just because they can't reveal it to a small group of people on site.

=][= I get some people are disappointed but this thread is comparing apples to oranges - yes Adepticon was billed as the biggest reveal ever and yes the Warhammer Online preview wasn't on the same level. However it is quite clear in these challenging times for most of the world that there are adjustments by all and I believe it is self evident Games Workshop is no exception.

The original point of the topic might not be to gripe about it but things have certainly quickly moved into a non-constructive position by the very nature of it. As such I don't see the legitimacy of this thread any longer.=][=

gallery_26_548_17394.gif

Edited by Captain Idaho