War of the Spider

I don't expect much. A GK-style supercharge would be great. But, realistically, as long as we get a logistically reasonable way to get a Talons army on the table and a couple neat rules or stratagems to synergize the separate elements then I'll be a happy camper.

Would it be too much to ask for AC to become viable with only codex units?

That would be nice but I'm really curious what GW has planned in the next wave of AC units.  Will we see something shocking and unexpected or some FW models converted to plastic like we have seen before.  Either way wave two will likely not be until we get a new codex or a new edition.

I remember GW saying that the Talon's kits namely the AC guard boxes selling extremely well and it was one of the reasons to develop AC as a codex for 40k.  Well I hope the info in this coming preview weekend has more content then what we have seen in the first two.

I would love for the War of the Spider to expand our lore some as I up to speed on all the books and want more.

-----

Edit 4/13

YAY we now have a Talon's logo finally done in a PA promo. :)

Edited by balordazul

The video was cool!

Also, I noticed that Fabius is leaning over a Custodian at the end, which could be interesting from a Chaos perspective, but could easily be that it's just because the Custodes are hunting him in the book.

@Kervin40k

I'd like to see them add a Land Raider Crusader at a reduced cost. I feel it would suit us more than the Godhammer pattern. Although I get why they chose the Godhammer as we had very little in the way of anti-tank when we were first released.

Now I'm nervous. Because Bile in the trailer is messing with a Custode, people are rumor milling that GW is going to release Fabius Bile's 'New Men' as Chaos Custodes equivalents. 
This would be extremely, obnoxious. Another army to make us feel less elite.

Now I'm nervous. Because Bile in the trailer is messing with a Custode, people are rumor milling that GW is going to release Fabius Bile's 'New Men' as Chaos Custodes equivalents.

This would be extremely, obnoxious. Another army to make us feel less elite.

Would probably be just like us but with an extra attack due to hateful assault!

Maybe Shield Hosts might not get "Chapter Tactics", but I could certainly see Warlord Traits for each. They all have the same training, but the various Shield Hosts put said training to different ends. Shadowkeepers could get a benefit against a character/unit chosen before the battle, etc.

Its possible they might get faction traits

They have more units than Scions and Scions got a whole bunch of regimental doctrines

Theres already mention of the various factions within the Custodes

Would be interesting what they come up with

Despite the lore in Chris Wraight's books suggesting the Custodes are a uniform force, I can see us getting options for traits. At the very least I think we will see an all encompassing 'Doctrine' style buff for the army, which I would probably prefer to individual Shield Host traits. 

With the news of the UK lock down being extended for another 3 weeks at least, I think its unlikely we will here anything about War of the Spider for a while. We have seen a preview of the release in the form of Fabius Bile, so I would expect the next preview, if it is related to Psychic Awakening, to focus on Engine War.

• 1 month later...

I am getting increasingly nervous. As time marches on, we have yet to hear a single, solitary detail about anything in War of the Spider about the Custodes getting some help/some love.
If we get only lip service changes, the army is pretty much toast til 9th ed.

I mean we aren't a particularly good army currently but not usable in friendly games that's certain.

Did anyone ever pick Custodes for their tourny performance?

And I think like engine war and the one after us they don't know how to go about previewing things until they start shipping them out.

At the least wait for Saturday when the 'big reveal' happens before getting nervous.

Can most people even play the game yet anyways?

The yare stretching out the engine war previews still and thats the book before ours, we still know nothing about most of that books contents after all!  Itll come when Spider is next up on the schedule, though hopefully not so painfully stretched out!

I definitely wouldn't lose hope yet. As others have said, we won't see rules previews for War of the Spider till after Engine War is out in the wild.

It also wouldn't be too difficult to bring Custodes back into the middle of the pack. I remain optimistic myself since most factions have come out of the Psychic Awakening looking far better than they were before it. A strong mono-faction ability could be all we need.

Edited by TheFinisher4Ever