We have a Wolf Lord down (Saga of the Beast spoiler)

Space wolves follow a line of succession in the way they go from blood claw to grey hunter to wolf guard and the eally old ones long fangs. \For primaris to be promoted therewould either have to be no first gen Space marines left in that great company or that primaris guy has gained more respect than any other wolf guard around. I know our beloed legion and it is still the only legion) took a few beatings but it is not my understanding that we are in such a bad shape that we only have a handful of none primaris marines still available. and for that matter there are no primaris wolfguard, i may have missed some lore specifying primaris have been made wolf guard but there are certainly none on the table top, this would essentially make it impossible for a primaris o beome company master.

Maybe im wrong.......

Couple of things, the progression doesn't go BC-GH-WG-LF. It's BC-GH-LF, you only get into the Wolf Guard (or the Scouts) by exemplary service and attracting the favour of the Lord. There's no need for the previous generation to die off before either moving up sequence, or entering the WG.

Also, don't forget that there's been a century plus of time jump from Gathering Storm and the introduction of Primaris to 'now'. That's more than enough time for Primaris Marines to excel on the battlefield. There should be Primaris WG by now, and their absence in a major contributor to my opinion that GW haven't actually cared enough to think about proper Primaris integration into the Wolves. Once Primaris are in the WG, they'd have as much chance as any of ascending to WL, as succession there isn't based on seniority, but rather heroics, respect and charisma. After all, if promotion was dependent on seniority, neither Ragnar or Logan would have been promoted when they were.

I think one major hurdle with WG primaris is the wargear options. Primaris are specialized, with all new gear. WG are much more free to customize at the model level. Also, WG have access to storm shields, which to date no primaris use. Similarly, jump packs are another unit-level option. This makes the entire business of any kind of WG "box" very difficult. Does the unit size shrink to 3/6 instead of 10 if we use Inceptor models as WG with jump packs? That's not fluff-friendly. Will WG get options to use gravis and/or phobos armor? Lore-wise I would think so. I still miss WG bikers. Do SWs feel bikes are just for young hotheads anymore?

Guys, there are no Primaris "Wolf Guard" named as such because GW hasn't released all the Primaris "Chambers" - the line isn't done. They won't do any real Chapter-specific stuff until all the generic stuff is out, because they want to maximize the amount of sales to all Marine players, not just devote time to making Chapter-specific that only a portion of the player base will buy. Now for me this is frustrating, because I will just convert/kit-bash war gear options not currently produced in Primaris form, but right now, GW is only giving Primaris options when they produce a Primaris kit that has that option natively.

Also, what would the Primaris Pack Leaders and Primaris Battle Leaders be if not veterans like the Wolf Guard are? The have the extra Leadership and attack over their Pack members, just like Wolf Guard. Yes, they are more homogenous and no, they don't get the Wolf Guard Keyword (well, actually the Primaris Battle Leader does get the Wolf Guard Keyword from the FAQ), so they aren't as "crunchy" as the actual things named "Wolf Guard", but functionally they occupy a similar space - leadership by veteran members of the Great Company.

Also, just because something doesn't exist in a gaming form doesn't mean that it is excluded from existing in fluff form. I've got a Primaris Wolf Guard leading the very first Primaris squad I painted - whether this is acknowledged in gaming rules or not doesn't mean :cuss .