Psychic power saturation

dbecer01

I was wondering how psychic-heavy the Aeldari are, and how rules-heavy they are. Are they as psychic-heavy as the Thousand sons for example? I noticed that even the sergeants (Exarchs?) in the army have dual psychic powers.

i mean.

depends how you build the army. if you go all wraith unit then no psychic powers.

but you can go psy powers heavy with seer council etc etc.#

Craftworlds are a very customisable army. every unit in the army has a specific purpose. but if you try to use a unit against something it shouldn't be going against it will get squished!

hope that helps

The psychic abilities of the Eldar are pretty equal offense and defense. It's possible to bring a very psychic heavy army but again at T3. Rules wise, about like all other armies, you gain this if you take that and soforth. Exarchs don't have any psychic abilities they just get Exarchs powers, bonuses to them. It's like most elf based armies, fragile but if the dice God's are with you can be strong.

Psychic wise, we get farseers, spiritseers and warlocks, all hq's. Unlike thousand sons and grey knights.

Edited by Dread

While we do have 3 levels of Psyker HQ, we have no squad-based psykers and we get no rules to ignore psyhic focus (which GKs and 1KSons get). For this reason I would say that in tabletop terms, they are not as psychically powerful as either of the 2 armies you have mentioned.

While we do have 3 levels of Psyker HQ, we have no squad-based psykers and we get no rules to ignore psyhic focus (which GKs and 1KSons get). For this reason I would say that in tabletop terms, they are not as psychically powerful as either of the 2 armies you have mentioned.

I just got a peek at the codex.

Maybe not, but it still seems like you can have a ton of psykers on the board, and their Warp charges are lower than 1k son’s powers, and you have rerolls with the farseers. Also looks like the runes of battle psykers get 2 sets of powers, and then you have 6 more runes of fate.

I see what you mean about not really having smite spam or many offensive powers though. It looks like the spells are more akin to IG orders, but with a chance to fail, and some more powerful.

Edited by dbecer01

It can be sometimes. I think that's why I play my DE and necrons a lot more so I can just play. Which I hope is soon, this virus thing is really screwing things up. Haven't got to work in almost 2 weeks. I digress.

I know, really sucks.