White Scars y0! (Primaris Vanguard Vets!)

Question... does this vehicle need more red?  Scars/Scarring?  I didn't really know how to approach that.  I have never used stenicles or tape that required measurements.  Any tutorials out there for making a stencil with tape that doesnt require special tools?

g8Ir3NV.jpg

jnMAvmQ.jpg

I think it does, even it they're just some minor ones, like You and Johanhgg do on the bikes. Maybe something one one engine faring, a zig-zag on one front panel, some marking on the commander's hatch showing his personal honors. 

Yea, I don't blame you. I have painted several of these chassis for a few armies and only recently I started magnetizing them and it's very much worth the extra time. (I did mine for the WHite Scars in my thread.)

Yea, I don't blame you. I have painted several of these chassis for a few armies and only recently I started magnetizing them and it's very much worth the extra time. (I did mine for the WHite Scars in my thread.)

Did you mean magnetizing them to the base or the loadouts?

I cant really envision ever using anything other than the shield dome ><

Looks great, but I think I'd try to make it a bit more white. Looks almost like the baby blue of the Space Wolves. :biggrin.:

The base coat is VMC Black Grey which is a very green charcoal grey.  It would be a nearly perfect base colour for Raptors.  

With all the light grey and off white it has a fairly neutral colour tone in person.  

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to come up with some fluff or logic reason but nothing really stuck.  Something something, blood armour, something something, scars... whatever.

Well then, don't the scars usually use red to represent on their armour the scars they bear on their skin? (Been a while since I checked their background) Maybe your chaplain at some point got Flayed by a Haemonculus or Renegade Apothecary or something like that (Bile maybe?) and managed to fight his way out despite the wound?

I tried to come up with some fluff or logic reason but nothing really stuck.  Something something, blood armour, something something, scars... whatever.

Well then, don't the scars usually use red to represent on their armour the scars they bear on their skin? (Been a while since I checked their background) Maybe your chaplain at some point got Flayed by a Haemonculus or Renegade Apothecary or something like that (Bile maybe?) and managed to fight his way out despite the wound?

Mine are a bit different.  I like black trim so i went with it and I like the idea of a red chaplain.  Scarring.. got more of that on my troops.

Amazing looking Scars!  Do you have a tutorial for painting white with an airbrush you can point to?

This video gave me the idea to just raw dog white over black primer.  I used the whites I had available and layered it up slowly.  Doesnt really matter what white you use as long as you thin the paint down enough using flow improver. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Excellent works. May I ask why your White Scars Judiciar wears red armor, instead of the Chaplaincy's black? Do you believe White Scars Chaplains wear red armor to represent blood shed in the execution of their duties, and/or a historic reference to the red robes worn by a Tibetan Buddhist monk (many of whom served as advisers to Yuan dynasty emperors)?

Excellent works. May I ask why your White Scars Judiciar wears red armor, instead of the Chaplaincy's black? Do you believe White Scars Chaplains wear red armor to represent blood shed in the execution of their duties, and/or a historic reference to the red robes worn by a Tibetan Buddhist monk (many of whom served as advisers to Yuan dynasty emperors)?

I didnt really think it over.  I just thought they needed to be different but didn't want to use the standard black.  Red seemed complimentary and it looks fierce. 

I'm going to paint my bladeguard vets black... an indomitus ebon keshig,   

Really nice scars man! Very nice indeed! But do the clean and not used armour mean they are all neophytes with no combat experience? (just kidding!!) great scars!

That is actually fluffy... in the codex supplement it states that WS take great care to maintain their armour and vehicles.  They also write choggorin poetry and laugh in battle.  

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful work on the Ebon Keshig. Did you renamed the White Scars Bladeguard after this historical unit? As they wear black armor, I presume they're Khevtuul (night guards); will you also build white armored Torguud (day guard) models?

I just shamelessly ripped off 30k.  

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-CA/White-Scars-Ebon-Keshig-Terminators-2019