Return to the Rock

Sandalphon

Thanks! I think they're the number one choice but when I looked online they were AU$55 + $20 shipping which seems pretty steep for an A4 page! They do look nice tho.. and if I throw another $100 at FW I could save on the delivery lol..

We'll see what happens, might keep the bulk troops on the backburner for a while.

Ouch! Being UK based, I always forget how expensive Forgeworld is elsewhere.

I was looking through my bookmarks and found this old tutorial, which could be useful: http://theangelstalon.blogspot.com/2008/09/painting-tutorial-dark-angels-markings.html?m=1

You"d have to adapt it slightly, probably by making the wings thinner and more curved, but you could freehand the markings. With so many marines to do, whatever method you use is going to be fairly time consuming, but freehand symbols will certainly be cheaper.

On a sidenote, I keep looking at your army, and thinking that a deodorant bottle grav tank would be a perfect addition!

Ah that's so retro I love it! Dioramas like that are what really hooked me as a kid. Even used that coloured lichen in the background too (it doesn't last!)

I've got some old rhinos I might need to reconstruct and 'ungreen' so they can ride in style..

Thanks for the tips! That's an interesting technique to block out the wings and backfill.. I might stretch the budget or summon the willpower to go full freehand.

Glass it's brought back some nostalgia