Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2K ITC list Wolf pack old and new

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,733 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
This is a list designed to maximize OLD space wolf models.

It has been bolstered by the primaris units I think give utility

The deathstar is the 10 man terminator unit

However...do not overlook the grey hunters. They are capable of tearing through a flank as well

This army takes and holds objectives and buildings very well

The vanguard primaris battalion seizes key terrain and digs in like a tick to make it costly to remove

The first born battalion is the offensive power

This is designed to be the rare board control marine list that can counter punch as well

Spoiler

Edited by TiguriusX, 30 March 2020 - 07:32 PM.

• barek, Lord Ragnarok and Triszin like this

A digital space wolf returning to the pack and emerging from the warp on the TT to try the hobby side.  I started with Vassal40K and currently enjoy TTS40K

Inglorious Drunkard Champion-Night 3 (2012)

ETL first time participant-2018

ETL-2019

gallery_48988_15465_42927.png

The Saint Ragnar

The Saint Ragnar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 314 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka (Space Wolves)
I like this idea and would love to see how it does in a batrep at some point. I would make sure to double check that half your power level is on the board as well. As the new rules is half points, units, and power level. It's a weird one to check but it's stopped me from deepstriking things before

For Russ and the AllFather!

Armies Played:

Space Wolves - ~3,000 Points

ETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_04_.jpg

Kram000

Kram000

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts

I like this idea and would love to see how it does in a batrep at some point. I would make sure to double check that half your power level is on the board as well. As the new rules is half points, units, and power level. It's a weird one to check but it's stopped me from deepstriking things before

As a Blood Angels player wishing I had plasma terminators, I'm jealous of the +1 to hit when shooting then +2 to hit in melee.  I use Canticle of Hate frequently and it makes a huge difference on the charge, but also with the pile in and consolidate.  Terminators moving that fast can get deep into lines and have the staying power to be a thorn, unlike Death Company which dislike return fire and counter charges.

We've played a couple games and he uses the Infiltrators very well in positioning, preventing deep strike charges, which has a nasty side effect of keeping my melee units away from the action and tied up doing menial tasks.  I think it's a very important aspect of piloting the list.

• TiguriusX likes this

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,733 posts

Army is loaded up in TableTop Simulator and ready for play testing

Made some minor tweaks....removed 5 chainfists and replaced with storm shields

Used points to add 3 cyber wolves 

Spoiler

• Lord Ragnarok likes this

A digital space wolf returning to the pack and emerging from the warp on the TT to try the hobby side.  I started with Vassal40K and currently enjoy TTS40K

ETL-2019

Rune Priest Jbickb

Rune Priest Jbickb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,368 posts
How is TTS? Been wondering if it's worth the investment.
Never Mistake:
My Silence for Ignorance
My Calmness for Acceptance
My Kindness for Weakness

The Saint Ragnar

The Saint Ragnar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 314 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka (Space Wolves)
I've been playing a lot on TTS and I think I've already sunk over the $1/hour into it. It is really nice as it gives you a way to play while locked inside AND you can try almost any list you want without having to buy any new models or armies. Great for play testing that wacky new list before you buy the IRL version
  • Lord Ragnarok and Rune Priest Jbickb like this

For Russ and the AllFather!

Armies Played:

Space Wolves - ~3,000 Points

ETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_04_.jpg

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,733 posts

How is TTS? Been wondering if it's worth the investment.

Since it is literally the only way to play another human being until lockdown is over I absolutely love it

Has its flaws but also cool aspects

Dice rolling and counting is actually easier
  • Rune Priest Jbickb likes this

ETL-2019

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

++ DIMICATIO FORMIDOLOSA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,935 posts
  • Faction: Conclave of Shadows

love the style of this list. Is there an issue leading a pack of GH with TDA Leader? Im a little rusty.

Posted ImagePosted Image
"This is not the first time you've been left to fate. I can see it in your manner. It takes something from you doesn't it? Being deserted hollows you out and leaves a void inside. People might say that it hurts, that the psyche aches from the wound. It's not true though. Abandonment does not leave pain. You wished it did because that would be better than the truth. It leaves nothing. Not hope, not pain, not forgiveness."

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,733 posts

love the style of this list. Is there an issue leading a pack of GH with TDA Leader? Im a little rusty.

The WGTDA can only move 5" but it isn't a big deal

If all goes well you get a canticle of hate assist

That means you charge at least 9" then pile in another 3" and consolidate 6" (18" minimum if you make the charge)

Next turn your 5" of movement (23" total from where you entered the board) gets you into position for the following round of combat regardless of where opponent was when you came on board edge.

If you fail the charge odds are you die and movement no longer matters

Edited by TiguriusX, 01 April 2020 - 07:57 PM.

ETL-2019

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,733 posts

Faced off against Blood Angel and Salamander list

Reiver and Plasma Inceptor combo from salamanders (reivers get psyker buffs and prevent inceptors from being shot so you get an extra round of shooting)

Death company and sanguinary guard combo from BA

I've faced my BA friend many times so I know the key is always zone him out

Very short batrep

Spoiler

ETL-2019

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,935 posts
Damn. Strong victory for Russ!
Posted ImagePosted Image
"This is not the first time you've been left to fate. I can see it in your manner. It takes something from you doesn't it? Being deserted hollows you out and leaves a void inside. People might say that it hurts, that the psyche aches from the wound. It's not true though. Abandonment does not leave pain. You wished it did because that would be better than the truth. It leaves nothing. Not hope, not pain, not forgiveness."

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,733 posts
I just realized I can swap out the jump WL for Ragnar

Omg that is huge!

Gives reroll charge and big old consolidation if my WP isn't around
  • Lord Ragnarok likes this

ETL-2019

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,935 posts
After reading and re-reading this I will be using some of(probably most) of what I’m seeing here in getting my wolves together. Thanks!
  • TiguriusX likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,733 posts

After reading and re-reading this I will be using some of(probably most) of what I’m seeing here in getting my wolves together. Thanks!

I hope you share your sagas. I dont have enough time RL to play.

I also expect some wolf players to replace the inquisitor since it is more tournament cheese than fluff compliant.

Good hunting!

ETL-2019

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,733 posts

Ok so 3 matches in.

Not performing the way I predicted it would.

Going to consider changes

The 3 GHs are not performing as well as I had hoped

Saga for review

ETL-2019

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users