+++ THE SPRING BACKLOG CLEANING +++

Excessus

Good project here!

I, Hannibal the Great, conqueror of worlds, am going to...

(1) ...start to paint some models fpr my uprising Abbadons Plague Legion, ie at least 1 Lord in Terminator Armor, 2 Obliterators...

(2) ...finish my half painted Chaos Knight...

until the 31st of May.

Edited by Hannibal

I hereby declare my first vow complete!

20200412.jpg

20200414.jpg

20200413.jpg

And now, I, Celtic_Cauldron rise a second time to the Challenge of The Spring Backlog Cleaning and swear to complete the following unit on or before May 31st:

Brother Nadrak, Leviathan Dreadnought from the Night Lords Legion.

20200411.jpg

Celtic_Cauldron

Thanks to the kind folks over in the 30K forum (the instructions with the kit were rather vague, and they were a great help in telling me where certain parts went), I finished my first spring cleaning vow by assembling my land raider proteus.  The cupola gun is magnetised so that I can swap it with the multimelta or convert up a twinlinked heavy bolter to field it as a normal land raider.

dLEHHmp.jpg

My next spring cleaning vow is a small one but has been sitting on my desk for about a year - to do some muscles and cabling to hide the ball joint on the shoulder of my converted twin scourge hellbrute.

l4Pw9oh.jpg

For reference, here's a picture of the whole model, though its tongue has since fallen into the model and I've yet to be able to fish it out.

gAt2IK3.jpg

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

I put those 'Zerkers in the soup for the purposes of repainting. I'm gonna redo 'em like the boltgun guy, and do some Cultists to match.

Edit to be clear: I won't be re-vowing them, just... getting a do-over to make them decent. The Cultists, however, are getting vowed - plus a single Necron Immortal as a painting challenge soon.

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen

I'm still alive! :D

Work is killing me right now, but I will make my vow and update it all in the OP as soon as I catch my breath. :)

I, Excessus, will vow to complete this Chaos Terminator Lord before the end of May!

gallery_61265_13297_24181.jpg

I'm still alive! :biggrin.:

Work is killing me right now, but I will make my vow and update it all in the OP as soon as I catch my breath. :smile.:

I, Excessus, will vow to complete this Chaos Terminator Lord before the end of May!

gallery_61265_13297_24181.jpg

Now that is a lad. You trying to make me do one for myself? Absolutely phenomenal conversion.

That Terminator Lord looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing him with some paint.

I’ve prepped up my 2nd vow. So here it is.

I, Mr4Minutes, rise to the Challenge of The Spring Backlog Cleaning and swear to paint the following unit on or before May 31st.

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_16240/med_gallery_105520_16240_109728.jpeg

Working my way thru the troop choices. I’ve got about 13 more Bloodletters and then I’m starting on Skulltaker and a couple heralds of Khorne!

Progress has been slow, but starting to get somewhere now with the first gold coat done:

gallery_30308_10249_61351.jpg

I'm aiming to get the metallics complete; a way to go yet but it'll be a good milestone and set me up neatly for the remaining work :smile.: Keep the updates coming everyone :thumbsup:

Looking good, Hannibal, but I'm surprised you didn't do the crotch armour green as well.

I just don´t like it painted green. Can´t really explain why.
It's because it lacks the edge all the other green plates have. It could be copper though, imho.

Finally getting some hobby done again, managed to rescue my gold paint pot (for now...) and move on to the flesh:

gallery_30308_10249_86874.jpg

Once the flesh is finished just touch ups and details remaining before I can finish off with the basing bits :smile.: Not that this last step is quick, but at least it's easy :tongue.: I expect to be finishing next weekend :thumbsup:

Keep the pictures coming everyone!