Help with a 3000pt knight list inc Porphyrion

Dindrenzi

Hey folks,

I'm currently building a 3000pt Iron Warriors Armoured Breakthrough list, loosely based around the action at Tallarn.

From the lore, it seems they worked in conjunction with the Knights of House Caesarean, so I thought about building an allied force to go with them but I have no idea where to start.

Thinking of the following (I already own the Porphyrion):

House Caeserean 3000pt (Warhammer 30,000 - The Horus Heresy) [2,915pts]
  • Questoris Knight Crusade Army (Questoris Knight Crusade Army) [2,915pts]
    • Troops
      • Scion Amuntar [185pts]
        • Mechanicum Knight Moirax Talon

Selections: 2x Volkite Veuglaire

• Scion Martial [390pts]
        • Cerastus Knight-Castigator

Selections: Occular Augmetics

• Scion Martial [390pts]
        • Cerastus Knight-Castigator

• Fast Attack
      • Scion Dolorous [435pts]
        • Cerastus Knight-Lancer

Selections: Cerastus Shock Lance, Occular Augmetics

• Scion Dolorous [435pts]
        • Cerastus Knight-Lancer

Selections: Cerastus Shock Lance, Occular Augmetics

• HQ
      • Seneschal [620pts]
        • Acastus Knight Porphyrion

Selections: 2x Irad-Cleanser, Occular Augmetics

• Exchange Ironstorm missiles for:

Selections: Helios defence missiles

• Heavy Support
      • Scion Implacable [460pts]
        • Cerastus Knight-Acheron

• Allegiance
      • Allegiance

Selections: Traitor

Any input?

Hey!  I also just started building my Questoris army - I don't have tons of experience, but here's what i've gathered from my own list building experiments:

• Consider making your Acheron a Scion Uhlan - the scout rule gives the flamer a lot more utility in the early game and the restriction on weapon ranges doesn't really matter.
  • Good on you for adding the Moiraxes into your list - they are awesome and usually fly under the radar.  The volkite guns are good, but consider the lightning locks (really good at mulching PA) or even better their graviton guns.  Two blasts each with haywire means that one knight by itself with two of these things can junk a land raider in one turn of shooting.
  • Any reason why there aren't any Questoris knights in this list?  They are a great source of cheaper(ish!) models in the army.
  • Making your Porphyrion your seneschal is undeniably strong, but it's not likely to make your many friends!  Giving that unit a 3++ on the ion shield feels a little gamey to me, but absolutely YMMV.

<p>

Hey! I also just started building my Questoris army - I don't have tons of experience, but here's what i've gathered from my own list building experiments:

• Consider making your Acheron a Scion Uhlan - the scout rule gives the flamer a lot more utility in the early game and the restriction on weapon ranges doesn't really matter.
  • Good on you for adding the Moiraxes into your list - they are awesome and usually fly under the radar. The volkite guns are good, but consider the lightning locks (really good at mulching PA) or even better their graviton guns. Two blasts each with haywire means that one knight by itself with two of these things can junk a land raider in one turn of shooting.
  • Any reason why there aren't any Questoris knights in this list? They are a great source of cheaper(ish!) models in the army.
  • Making your Porphyrion your seneschal is undeniably strong, but it's not likely to make your many friends! Giving that unit a 3++ on the ion shield feels a little gamey to me, but absolutely YMMV.

Thanks for the reply.

The only reason for lack of questoris knights is that I don’t really like the look of them, the cerastus knights are so much nicer aesthetically.

The only reason I put the Porphyrion as the seneschal is because ‘boss man uses the biggest toys’ lol. I have the model and it’s not set in stone with pilot choices.

I think it’s highly unlikely I’ll ever get to play a game with them but I like to build game ready armies just in case lol

<p>

Hey! I also just started building my Questoris army - I don't have tons of experience, but here's what i've gathered from my own list building experiments:

• Good on you for adding the Moiraxes into your list - they are awesome and usually fly under the radar. The volkite guns are good, but consider the lightning locks (really good at mulching PA) or even better their graviton guns. Two blasts each with haywire means that one knight by itself with two of these things can junk a land raider in one turn of shooting.
  • Any reason why there aren't any Questoris knights in this list? They are a great source of cheaper(ish!) models in the army.
  • Making your Porphyrion your seneschal is undeniably strong, but it's not likely to make your many friends! Giving that unit a 3++ on the ion shield feels a little gamey to me, but absolutely YMMV.

Thanks for the reply.

The only reason for lack of questoris knights is that I don’t really like the look of them, the cerastus knights are so much nicer aesthetically.

The only reason I put the Porphyrion as the seneschal is because ‘boss man uses the biggest toys’ lol. I have the model and it’s not set in stone with pilot choices.

I think it’s highly unlikely I’ll ever get to play a game with them but I like to build game ready armies just in case lol

Totally fair!  And it makes a lot of sense to run it that way anyway!